Anybody else stopped looking at new guitars?

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I only look at new guitars. I haven't looked at any used guitars in over 15 years. I just haven't lived anywhere to look at them in a store in person or even yard sales/garage sales. I'd never buy one anywhere from online or on craigslist or Facebook marketplace. To be honest, the only used guitar I've ever bought was my 1st guitar back around '91.

Eddie Southgate

Reaction score
Sire 7 series are great guitars, I love the rolled edges on the necks.

You gave 2 Martins to a teenager? I would be scared they would be smashed.
Fenders OK because they are solid and repairable.

He was very good about keeping them in good condition and still has and plays them all with none damaged. The 000-16 did develop a crack in the top that stopped at the bridge but that was not his fault . He will be 32 in July and just bought a new D-18 .

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
After I started playing electric guitar in 2021 and wanted something else besides my then only electric guitar from Thomann (Harley-Benton), I started building my own Telecaster-style guitar with a mate.
This year, after endless delays, it's finally finished and I couldn't be happier.
Neck made from several pieces of wood glued and screwed to the body, Ziricote fingerboard, maple body with 1cm thick olive wood top. Hipshot open locking tuners, custom build pickups with 3 way switch and string through bridge

View attachment 151821View attachment 151822

Hell yeah, man that looks great!