Artists you can't stand

• Thread starter Ydna
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LKrevival

Reaction score
I never cared for the Greatful Dead just boring to me. I can understand why some don't like shredders, I do like them just like I like slow blues type guys but Satriani is more than just a shredder and I count him as one of my favs.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
I liked Frusciate with the Chilis but for the life of me I cant understand how he has become known as one of the best guitarists ever. Every live performance I hear of the guy just sounds like a sloppy ice pick in my brain, so many flubs. I get it that it's not all about precision but i just dont see it.

Also never got on the Grateful Dead bus. Stoner rock just never connected for me, even when stoned :)

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
keep your tongue in your mouth freak...we've got another year of miley saturation to look forward to, then a year of waning saturation as her life crumbles under the bright lights and they annoint the new sliced bread to the kids.

pathetic androgynous attention whore...

Miley-Cyrus-just-loves-to-bite-her-tongue.jpg

Miley-Cyrus-2224429.png

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why someone would hate Yngwie. He's ****ing legit as ****, and he has never changed his style and he will remain true to Marshalls and Strats until the day he dies. He's awesome at guitar and at one point of his life he was pretty hawt. TOTAL homo.
fixed that for you sir. I saw the banana shot you took ;)

but yeah he's a great player. it's really his attitude that turns most people off....as we've mentioned to you before.....being a douche makes you a hard sell even if you're great. ;)

that said he's that good so I still like him.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
I can stand them (Grateful Dead)... But it's not like they're "wow" or anything to me. I haven't listened to a whole lot either, so I can't really say...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I like the Dead :hippie:

There are some bands, like the Dead, that I enjoy at certain times ... for example, if I bring a date home w/me at the end of the night, I'm more likely to throw that on in the background than something like Judas Priest :lol:

Good nightcap / conversation / etc. music

Oh, and some Dead songs are pleasant to play along with as well ... just fun music!

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he meant that he's also mad that people don't like the Dead, meaning he likes the Dead.

Sorry guys, I have to cast a vote into the "Dead" pool also, I just never got it or the lifestyle.:ugh:
+1 but a step further....I've always borderline loathed the whole concept surrounding them, the music, the fans etc. plus I ****ing HATE patchouli.

but that's just me.

4STICKS

Reaction score
I'll take The Dead over spittlesack, er..Nickleback.:lol:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
+1 but a step further....I've always borderline loathed the whole concept surrounding them, the music, the fans etc. plus I ****ing HATE patchouli.

but that's just me.

Then you're going to love this :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXLP7SDksao]Grateful Dead "China Cat Sunflower" (OFFICIAL VIDEO) from "Sunshine Daydream" - YouTube[/ame]

*btw., this is kind of a nsfw video, so be careful

rocknblues

Reaction score
KISS. Just no...

Steve Martin. Not a funny guy. He takes the banjo seriously and shows up on talks shows to play dreary folk songs. not my bag....