• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Best Boost Pedal??

• Thread starter Brian14
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brian14

Reaction score
I'm looking for a boost pedal to run with my Les Paul through a afd100 any ideas??

JimiRules

Reaction score
My favorite is the keeley modded BD2. The stock Boss SD1 is good too. I have both of them on my board. I set them up as clean boosts.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no best.

However I recommend the Fish&Chips EQ for boosting as well as the pedals in my SIG.

Here is the DLS MK3 by Catalinbread in front of my OR15 then my DSL40C.

dreyn77

Reaction score
What ever slash uses. His wah pedal has built in boosts.

If you don't want this, then buy a JVM.

It's upto your listening ability to workout if the pedal is helping the sound or its hurting the sound.

JohnnyN

Reaction score
Using an EQ with volume is a great idea.
I use a Soul food with the drive set low and find it to be a great transparent boost. I'll add a bit of drive if needed some extra sizzle.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a boost pedal to run with my Les Paul through a afd100 any ideas??

The AFD 100 has a boost. I'm surprised you dont use that.
Having owned that amp myself, I would never suggest a pedal to squash the front end even more.

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
I have used a modded EH LPB-1 (caps values changed to preserve original tone more) a Boss GE-7 a Blackstar LT-Boost and a tube Blackstar HT-Boost.
The HT Boost wipes the floor with the rest by a wide margin.
It's EQ is active and it preserves dynamics way better than any other booster I've used when the guitar's volume control is backed off.
The HT Boost just gives a more natural unadulterated tone that no other boost I have ever used comes close to - all others to my ears have a slightly mushy attack to them.
The EQ range is more than anyone could ever need, both Bass and Treble operating frequencies are very well tailored to guitar use really complimenting and enhancing core high and low tones.

Brian14

Reaction score
Having owned that amp myself, I would never suggest a pedal to squash the front end even more.
I'm talking for solos to give it that extra push

Penguinchit

Reaction score
Soul Food is great, TC Spark Booster is as well. I've had both but am currently using an ehx LPB-1 because I like how it thickens my tone.

The SF is a better boost than overdrive unless you run a boost into it. I ran the Spark into my SF and it was pure awesomeness. The Spark also makes a great light overdrive.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's because you and monster of the Midway's have small dicks.:cheers:

Well... that's what she said.:kiss:

Metroman

Reaction score
Roger Mayer 4644 Drive.

Worlds 1st, and only Ultra Wide Band Feedforward Analog Drive on the market
10Hz/100KHz Bandwidth, blows everything else out of the water vs frequency response.

Has 2 x Dual Drive No Loss Buffered Outs x 1 True Bypass.

Guitar Village has the best prices.

Last edited:

Shae201

Reaction score
I've been really impressed with the Earthquake devices Tone Job pedal. I also agree that the Soul Food can be a good clean boost also. Ive used the Tone Job to boost my cleans in the 800, not Fender clean but much better.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I listen to my Bro from down under. He can play like a muther fucker. His insight is the real deal.

Jus so you newbs know.