• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Brazilian butt lift

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Just wondering on some hints to make the bottom end of my 100wSLX a little tighter.I play an 100w SLX threw an 800 cab with 25w greenbacks.Tung sol 5881 tubes.Is there a cap I can experiment with or a different speaker/cab possibly?Bottom end seems a little flabby or mushy.Thanks for the suggestions.The infomercial for the butt lift had no good suggestions,but was nice to watch!

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Yea I noticed that the more the preamp was turned up the darker and slightly muddier it got.My first reaction on a hig gain amp is to dime the preamp.Learning slowly that this is not always the best place on a high gain amp for tone.I'll try these settings.thanks.

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
Yo Bennie!

Eljeffe's got you on the right track....but if the eq doesnt get you there,

Green back are a bit soft in the low end. A good thing for some applications. Depending on what you play, you may want to look at vintage 30's or 75's.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Yes I just tryed eljeffs settings and that helps.I might try to experiment with some different cabs.My freind has a mode 4 full stack.Im gonna try and snag a cab for the weakend.thanks Marshall Mann.BTW I also noticed that the more volume the better It sounds.Not a great low volume amp.I have a power brake gonna try that for lower volumes.Ive had this amp for 6 months and am just now starting to play it.Been playing threw the JMP and decided to try something different.Hey eljeff how is youre 900 modded?

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
You bet Bennie!

I have a mode 4 280 B and I love it!

Best of luck man!

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
I,ll let ya know how it went.I also got ahold of a freind that has a gen-benz 2x12 cab.LOUD AND PROUD THIS WEAKEND.The neighbors are gona love it.

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Yo Bennie!

Green back are a bit soft in the low end. A good thing for some applications. Depending on what you play, you may want to look at vintage 30's or 75's.

Your right on with this. I was trying to get him out of the mud without him haveing to buy new 35" mud tires! :)

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
The only way I coax tight bass response out of my SLX thru my jcm800 Greenback clone cab is to use a front end clean boost from an SD-1 or TS-9. I'm sure you've probably tried that before, but it sure makes my SLX real crispy and tight.

To me, that amp has a slight fuzzy/mushy feel to it (not in a bad way) as compared to most of the other Marshalls I've played.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yo Bennie!

greenback flavoured with added low end: G12H30

Latest posts