• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Chasing Allen Collin's Tone. Pick help

• Thread starter Back to Marshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could try and contact "Tina".

Great read. :agreed:

Reaction score
T
Doesn't help answer the OP but found it interesting, lots I wasn't aware of!

Hats where I learned about the Mel Bay picks!! Glad you saw it as well. You are right, there is a lot of info I never knew growing up as well. But then again, I started learning Skynyrd stuff and the like by playing records over and over!! Then cassettes and later CD''s were a blessing. Now I can join everyone else and watch actual cottage on YouTube. Younger players today have no idea how hard it was to even get close to figuring out what the great players were actually playing when all you had was an LP!!!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
T

Hats where I learned about the Mel Bay picks!! Glad you saw it as well. You are right, there is a lot of info I never knew growing up as well. But then again, I started learning Skynyrd stuff and the like by playing records over and over!! Then cassettes and later CD''s were a blessing. Now I can join everyone else and watch actual cottage on YouTube. Younger players today have no idea how hard it was to even get close to figuring out what the great players were actually playing when all you had was an LP!!!
Learning by ear. The good ole days. I still try to get to the meat of stuff by ear. Then the details I look up.lol