Fishin'

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
There is nothing in the world as peaceful and serene as paddling out on the glass smooth lake in a canoe at the crack of dawn and dropping a line in.

I really miss the simple things in life lately and I hope to get back to those sorts of things soon.

Got me a new ride and a long overdue raise, next I'm buying a boat (read, canoe) and I'm going fuckin' fishin'! I had a good feeling about 2016 and so far things are looking up...yeah baby!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Fishing, that sounds like a great idea. I gotta make some time to do the same with my kids and wife and friends, its been awhile since we went down to the pond. Since we got our house and involved in everything around town its been busy busy busy. Time to slow down. :yesway:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm not into fishing... but we've all got our "fishing" - something to take us to that peaceful place, where we can either gather our thoughts or just let loose of them all. Glad to see that the year is looking up for you! for that, I say congrat's! :yesway:

Bear R.

Reaction score
I Love Fishin'..and that reminds me, gotta get the poles ready..we have so many lakes up here where were at.. but im with you Steve..get a boat or canoe and just do it..

oh, and Congrats on your new ride and raise..that's cool man..

Last edited:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone fishing in a long time, but I use to enjoy it when I was a kid w/my Dad. One thing I've never been into, however, is ice fishing … do you do that as well? I'm guessing no since you live in Florida :lol:

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
yep,I'm missin' fishin' too.

theoffice.jpg

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't gone fishing in a long time, but I use to enjoy it when I was a kid w/my Dad. One thing I've never been into, however, is ice fishing … do you do that as well? I'm guessing no since you live in Florida :lol:

I've never been ice fishing, but I'd like to some day. I gotta tell you guys, I was feeling a little too good last night. I barely remember making this thread, lol. Haven't done that in a while. :ugh:

:lol:

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
Fishing's cool. As soon as it warms up I'm taking a trip on the Yellowstone..I bought a 14 ft. raft set up with a fishing frame last fall, and I'm looking forward to playing with it this summer! :cool: :D

I live in trout fishing heaven, and this afternoon I'm going to a class on fishing for walleyes..Never tried fishing for those, but it looks like fun..And they're supposed to be great eatin'!

riefil

Reaction score
Some of my favorite peaceful moments are just as the Sun is setting, in my hip-waders,at a local pond. Sometimes with a cigar just thinking. Mostly thinking about how beautiful it is here 5 mins. from my house. Even better when I share it with my 16yo. son, who is usually my sidekick. Sometimes the best times are when I don't catch anything but was just in the zone.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
Bass will be spawning soon...at least here in TN. I am hoping my 5 year old grandson hooks something...he loves casting but hasn't caught a bass, yet.