Got robbed selling my amp!!!!

• Thread starter carnada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brp

Reaction score
AND of course never heard from the "Investigator" again, who obviously didn't get around to investigating whether it had been taken in to the nearby music store, amirite?

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, you should call them back, see what they say...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your persistence, Carnada ... totally paid off, dude!

Have you seen that guy since then?

Papus

Reaction score
Now report that CUNT of a cop for utterly FAILING in his public duties.....

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
That fuck that stole your POD should have been hung up by his balls. He got off and I'm sure he will be doing this again to someone else. He has an intimidating nature and I'm sure it won't change. You are lucky that things turned out the way they did.

Papus

Reaction score
That thieving little gobshite looks like an utter tool....
He wouldn't last 30 seconds on the streets here before he finds his face being pushed into the gutter and his teeth smashed in just for looking like a total fuckwit

LKrevival

Reaction score
I hope it was not at your house where they saw all of your equipment so they can come back later and collect what they passed on today. And how in the hell did you ALLOW this to happen? Call the local music stores and Pawn shops and provide them with the Serial Number.

Definitely. In the search for new musicians to jam with there had been times I invited contacts to my house to jam and get a feel like from craigslist or bandmix. But you don't know them sometimes, it could be they have shady intentions or just word of mouth gets around from them. "Hey I went to this guys house and he had all these Les Pauls and Marshalls and Mesa Boogie amps and stuff". "Yeah? where does he live?"

I was robbed once. I was smart enough to have a steel safe that I keep most of my stuff in and I was lucky that they weren't smart enough to take my Mesa Boogie head but took a couple Fender strats on my rack instead. Don't count on the cops, I searched pawn shops and found my guitars which cracked open the case and they got busted. If I had not, I never would have got my guitars back as the cops would never searched like I did.

You may want to show off your beautiful guitars and stuff but if you jam with people you don't know only use what you have to and secure your items plus a alarm system works which I have now.

As far as a guy taking off when you were trying to sell your gear, that's sucks. But far common is after a gig that your gear gets pinched when you leave it in your car while you are back in the club, that has happened to a couple people I know so be careful about that.

carnada

Reaction score
The guy owes a shit load of drug money to a LOOOOOT of people, so hes either on the streets right now or some shit like that. I actually saw him waiting at the bus station once and as soon as he saw me he turned around and walked the other direction. I actually found his address and apartment from where he lived and everything, and I gave ALLL THE INFO to the police, I went to the main police station in Ottawa and gave them pictures I found of him from the fake facebook account I made (he deleted me right after our encounter) I spent like 10 dollars by getting high quality prints and stuff. I also gave them his phone number so they could call them. The cops actually called him and he just hang up and they tried like 3 times "Constable blah blah blah here we need to talk" and he just hang up on them. Like WTF?!??? How didnt the police just go to his house which I provided the address and everything!!?! :hmm::hmm:

Anyways, I didnt have an amp for about a week but eventually I found my beautiful red preamp and I was the happiest person in the world once I sold it to a legit person.

:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
:wtf: This thread gets revived again for Christmas.
It wouldn't be that hard to copy and paste a photo of Dougal, Muppets playing Metallica, and SlashRapper and set it in full flight again to add another 5 pages to this abortion. :naughty:

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Hey lets get 'er revved up for thanxgivin'! we all give thanx for carnuba "givin" that Pod "pro" away!

YIPPIE!

thanksgiving-kitchen-disasters-turkey.jpg

Marshallmaniac

Reaction score
Thats no good to hear man.. A similar thing happened to our store once. Some dude was asking about amps, asked for a brochure on Fender anmps and as I went out back there he was stealing a freakin TWIN out the front door..!! Rushed out and he was just puttin' it in his car. He said" I've got me receipt"..! We dragged it out as he was reversing out. Phew!

He coulda' chose a lighter amp to take off with, probably part of the reason we got him in time.

willscott182

Reaction score
Thats no good to hear man.. A similar thing happened to our store once. Some dude was asking about amps, asked for a brochure on Fender anmps and as I went out back there he was stealing a freakin TWIN out the front door..!! Rushed out and he was just puttin' it in his car. He said" I've got me receipt"..! We dragged it out as he was reversing out. Phew!

He coulda' chose a lighter amp to take off with, probably part of the reason we got him in time.

What a tool... he didn't have a stupid ginger afro type haircut did he?

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
take it from me, i got mugged two to three years ago by chav's, kinda like a more horrible version of a rapper wannabe, i was like 13 i think they were probably 16-17 both on bikes, cornered me, complete strangers and they go "gimme all ya money" in that fucking gay Jamaican accent they all have and i was scared being 13 and gave them £10, which isn't much but its just scummy that these 2 black teens feel the need to steal a tenner of some white respectable rock n roller kid. Anyway moral of the story, i was depressed for weeks after but about a year ago i got over it and started doing weights and protein shakes, they better hope if i never find them because i will make sure they don't have any front teeth or a nose by the end of it. I guarantee it.

But all in all, chavs, rappers, gypsys whatever they are are just scum and deserve to be either sent to the chair or prison either one will do and it makes everyone else's lives MUCH EASIER! :hippie:

carrots

Reaction score
Example of what my actions would have been.

My daughters boyfriend hit her and made fists at her with threats two weeks ago.
She came home, told me about it, texted him and told him its over and to stay away from her. I knew this asshole would chase her.. He did and he showed up at the house. Prior to him coming my wife and daughter asked me to let it go, I agreed..
When he came he was at the mud room door, I went outside thru the living room and met him on the step. I took him by the wrist while talking trash to him and then proceeded to kick the shit out of him. I'm 54 he's 31. He hasn't called, texted, email, etc.... since.

Take my amp, not a chance. I also have a ccp, its been 21 years now.

Last edited:

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
take it from me, i got mugged two to three years ago by chav's, kinda like a more horrible version of a rapper wannabe, i was like 13 i think they were probably 16-17 both on bikes, cornered me, complete strangers and they go "gimme all ya money" in that fucking gay Jamaican accent they all have and i was scared being 13 and gave them £10, which isn't much but its just scummy that these 2 black teens feel the need to steal a tenner of some white respectable rock n roller kid. Anyway moral of the story, i was depressed for weeks after but about a year ago i got over it and started doing weights and protein shakes, they better hope if i never find them because i will make sure they don't have any front teeth or a nose by the end of it. I guarantee it.

But all in all, chavs, rappers, gypsys whatever they are are just scum and deserve to be either sent to the chair or prison either one will do and it makes everyone else's lives MUCH EASIER! :hippie:

bravo for you. but a let me help you. muscles dont help with fighting skills. and muscles dont translate into ass kicking. you should of taken karate or something along that line.