• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hot Sauce...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcblink

Reaction score
I haven't tried Pickled Habaneros Blink..But I bet their freakin' good though..Good job man..

I love the Flavor of Habaneros..I think they are some the best tasting peppers..The heat can be a bit much sometimes, But I love 'em..ha,ha..
Yeah definitely pretty warm, but the habs have an almost fruity flavor. I decided to pickle a bunch of peppers when I realized that I wasn't gonna be able to use all that I had while they were fresh. I think I have some dried ones somewhere too now that I think about it

I've only ever eaten a whole one straight out of the jar maybe twice. It's a real kick in the pants!

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Well, well. Looky what came in the mail today: :)

index.php

I got a couple of these as gifts for a friend too (those are the ones that came today, same as above). My Silver Edition is open in the pic, so it's been in the fridge for a couple days, which is why the bottle has condensation on it in the pic. Like I've said before - I shakes it up thoroughly, I takes the cap off, dips the tip of a wooden toothpick in it and I sticks it on my tongue, and BOOM!! This stuff is meant to be added to larger batches of foods in minuscule amounts, such as sauces, chili, etc. You aren't supposed to pour this stuff on a taco!

Last edited:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Mad dog 357 Ghost chilli sauce.....6 million scovilles....not to be messed with lightly. They also do Plutonium Naga chilli extract....9 million scovilles :flex: A bottle of the Ghost Chilli sauce lasts me about 6 months adding a couple of drops to curries and Chillies. A mate of mine put four drops onto his curry and was having hallucinations afterwards :lol::lol:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Mad dog 357 Ghost chilli sauce.....6 million scovilles....not to be messed with lightly. They also do Plutonium Naga chilli extract....9 million scovilles :flex: A bottle of the Ghost Chilli sauce lasts me about 6 months adding a couple of drops to curries and Chillies. A mate of mine put four drops onto his curry and was having hallucinations afterwards :lol::lol:

I've never heard of anyone hallucinating... or actually, maybe I have. I saw a vid of some dudes dissolving 16M Scoville crystals and dumping it on cheese puffs and eating them. One guy said he had no idea where he was. LOL! (I guess that really ain't funny though.)

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as heat goes, my understanding is that the hottest extract on the planet is currently 16 million Scovilles. Owning a vial of that would seem a novelty, I can't see anyone having a legit use for that unless they're jarring their own sauces. You're supposed to wear goggles, face mask and rubber gloves when handling that stuff, and I can easily see why: when I rinse the goopy caps of my really hot sauces/salsas under the kitchen faucet the scent goes into the air and I start coughing. Just like when you're slicing onions. Your eyes burn - the whole 9 yards. Last year I was dipping chips in salsa and must have touched some sauce and licked it off. Then I played my guitar. Set the guitar down and took a shower. Came back later, played the guitar again, and then I happened to rub my eye... Boom!!! I wouldn't want 16M Scoville capsaicin in my house. Stuff's lethal, could send you to the ER.

Last edited:

Oldpunk

Reaction score
I've got the super hot stuff right now for certain foods, but I'm gonna try some regular heat sauces for general use like burgers and steak toppers, etc. That one looks good, if I see it around I'll snag it. :yesway:

Anyone on the west coast who has eaten at a Mexican restaurant or taco truck/joint will atest it is the staple condiment. I have some almost every day on everything from eggs to all kinds of veggies, meats and fish. Good stuff, you will like it...cheap, just hot enough and flavorful!:)

Last edited:

mcblink

Reaction score
Valentina is very very similar to tapatio.
But yeah, tapatio is delicious. Goes good on just about anything I've ever put it on.

mcblink

Reaction score
Here's what the Valentina sauce looks like, for anyone who might be interested. Real cheap too. The big bottle on the right was $1.99.

Attachments

• 1469387885824646783159.jpg
    1469387885824646783159.jpg
    777 KB · Views: 7

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Tapatio is very good with a lot of food because it doesn't have vinegar in it like a lot of hot sauces. My favorite lately it's Louisiana Supreme habanero. Nice and hot with good flavor, but it won't melt your face like some habanero sauces.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep trying out new hot sauces/salsas. I keep trying hot sauce that says "HOT" on the rating, but, they never are. The MEDIUM" ones seem mild & the "MILD" ones are just cut up tomatoes...

I found one the other day called Mrs Renfro's & it says "scary hot".

ghost-pepper-salsa_grande.jpg

This one gets the Dog's approval!

Do use w/ caution though:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/eating-ghost-peppers-could-kill-you/

Yeah, wow. I've got a new jar of that and Mrs. Renfor's Habanero salsa. The Habanero's QUITE hot for dipping chips. I've been using that salsa since the late 90's when I'd sit and play Tomb Raider on Playstation 1 with that and some torilla chips. But the Ghost Pepper salsa... man, I had one last year and that stuff needs to be diluted at least 50/50 with a jar of grocery store mild salsa like Tostitos or something. My only wish would be that Mrs R's had more tomato chunks in it - it's more like a sauce than a salsa, I think. But it's on my top 10. :yesway:

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah, wow. I've got a new jar of that and Mrs. Renfor's Habanero salsa. The Habanero's QUITE hot for dipping chips. I've been using that salsa since the late 90's when I'd sit and play Tomb Raider on Playstation 1 with that and some torilla chips. But the Ghost Pepper salsa... man, I had one last year and that stuff needs to be diluted at least 50/50 with a jar of grocery store mild salsa like Tostitos or something. My only wish would be that Mrs R's had more tomato chunks in it - it's more like a sauce than a salsa, I think. But it's on my top 10. :yesway:

I'm getting used to it. I'm putting it straight on my burritos & mixing it ½/½ w/ ketchup for my hashbrowns... :)...

Teryn

Reaction score
My mother is 54 going on 30. I asked her what her secret was and she said "Tapatio sauce... breakfast, lunch and dinner."

I don't get to participate in the wild world of HOT. Or even Medium or Mild. Extra mild, maybe. If I'm careful. But for my entertainment, I enjoy buying hot sauces for my brothers and watching them suffer ;) its sort of a crazy challenge around July 4th. Ahhh, family.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I keep trying out new hot sauces/salsas. I keep trying hot sauce that says "HOT" on the rating, but, they never are. The MEDIUM" ones seem mild & the "MILD" ones are just cut up tomatoes...

I found one the other day called Mrs Renfro's & it says "scary hot".

ghost-pepper-salsa_grande.jpg

This one gets the Dog's approval!

Do use w/ caution though:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/eating-ghost-peppers-could-kill-you/
I like the Mango Habanero , Ghost peppers might be a bit much but the brand is good stuff !

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's what I have at this point, sorry the pic isn't so hot (pun intended):
(The Mad Dod 357 and Pain is Good Batch #37 hot sauces are not in the pic because they're in my fridge.)

index.php

I also have this on order so I can sample the @ss Kickin' line:

index.php

After that there are a few more I'll add to the collection, and then I should be done for the next 5 years!, which is about how long I think unopened containers will last.

The last ones will be:

Jardine's Habanero XXX salsa
Jardine's Ghost Pepper salsa
Blair's Mini Death Hot Sauce 4-Pack gift set
Professor Phardtpounders Colon Cleaner hot sauce

Last edited:

mcblink

Reaction score
Here's what I have at this point,sorry the pic isn't so hot (pun intended):

index.php

I also have this on order so I can sample the @ss Kickin' line:

index.php

After that there are two more I'll add to the collection, and then I should be done for the next 5 years, which is about how long I think unopened containers will last.
This guy ain't messing around.

I see you have found your tapatio.

You like it?