• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hot Sauce...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
NEW!

So I was gifted a pepper plant today. Most of the peppers are the same size, but vary in color. It is unknown what type of peppers they are, they were only said to be "hot". This red one, being of the largest and ripest, I plucked for test run. But before I bite into this tiny potential inferno, anyone got any idea what kind of pepper it is (BTW - it's odorless on the outside):

index.php

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ate half of it. Holy crap there had to be 30 seeds packed in there. Hot as all flamin' hell!! Whoo, talk about an endorphin rush - stress I didn't even know I had is all gone now! Caution: don't eat on an empty stomach, could give stomach ache. Flavor has sweetness, and would be accented well with some sharp cheddar cheese. Turns out they are Tobasco peppers, the hottest ones are red. Lemme tell ya - I've had a lot of tobsco sauces before, but not ONE of them can hold a candle to a freshly cut pepper. I rate thus pepper 9/10.

mcblink

Reaction score
I just ate half of it. Holy crap there had to be 30 seeds packed in there. Hot as all flamin' hell!! Whoo, talk about an endorphin rush - stress I didn't even know I had is all gone now! Caution: don't eat on an empty stomach, could give stomach ache. Flavor has sweetness, and would be accented well with some sharp cheddar cheese. Turns out they are Tobasco peppers, the hottest ones are red. Lemme tell ya - I've had a lot of tobsco sauces before, but not ONE of them can hold a candle to a freshly cut pepper. I rate thus pepper 9/10.
Just wait until tomorrow when it makes it's way out lol! Same heat, different location.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! No way, and quite the polar opposite of any pepper I've tried. When I tasted it, it had a nice fruity kinda flavor, but with a heat that would at least rival a grocery store Serrano. The endorphin rush was pure and amazing in it's power to flatten out any stress - even some I wasn't aware of. Nothing but calm, hazy heat and a runny nose.

Then my stomach began to turn. Worse than anything I've felt in all my pepper ventures. My whole guts were wrenching in one big knot (never a good sign, right?), but I figured I just hadn't had much food today and blew it off as it subsided after 20 mins.

Then, about an hour later, it was as if someone had attached a garden hose to my mouth, turned it on full power, which then exploded violently outward of my @ss. When it was over I felt unpleasantly cleansed. Almost as if raped by an alien from a UFO.

I'm gonna mature these peppers, dry some, freeze some, and pickle others. But next time I'll be much wiser and respectful. :D

Last edited:

MexicanMike

Reaction score
Not a big hot sauce person, more of a Sriracha + Mayo kind of guy as far as sauces are concerned.

mcblink

Reaction score
1473615857786239122228.jpg Picked up this one the other day while I was at the grocery store. I didn't have much faith at first but I've been putting it on all kinds of stuff and it packs a pretty good wallop.

It's not quite as warm as the label might lead one to believe but it's probably the warmest one I have at the moment.

Tone is in the sauce!!:D

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
NEW!

So I was gifted a pepper plant today. Most of the peppers are the same size, but vary in color. It is unknown what type of peppers they are, they were only said to be "hot". This red one, being of the largest and ripest, I plucked for test run. But before I bite into this tiny potential inferno, anyone got any idea what kind of pepper it is (BTW - it's odorless on the outside):

index.php

What's wrong with your ruler? :naughty:

Bear R.

Reaction score
Dang it Vin..Have you tried the Tobasco Habanero Yet..?..If not, give me your freakin address and I'll send you a bottle or 3..

ha,ha,..

I know your into that real hot stuff but this stuff isn't whimpy and it has an Awsome Flavor to it...It's Great on Everything..Maybe you got some by now, I don't know..I havent checked the old posts...let me know..

Last edited:

mcblink

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the whole Tabasco pepper plant I mentioned above. The reddest ones are the ripe ones. Any advice on how to store them? I know they can be dehydrated, frozen, pickled or just plain eaten like Jujubes (which I ain't doin'!). Which would be the best?

index.php
That's a beautiful plant. I've never grown those before, but I think I'll give it a try next time I grow some peppers.

As far as storage/preservation, I might suggest not putting all of your eggs in one basket. Why not try all those methods you mentioned? They're popular to pickle, freezing works great although they'll be soft when you thaw them, and dehydrated ones can be useful too.

That plant though, I'm staring at it. It's amazingly colorful.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang it Vin..Have you tried the Tobasco Habanero Yet..?..If not, give me your freakin address and I'll send you a bottle or 3..

ha,ha,..

I know your into that real hot stuff but this stuff isn't whimpy and it has an Awsome Flavor to it...It's Great on Everything..Maybe you got some by now, I don't know..I havent checked the old posts...let me know..
Nope not yet. I think I have it though. I don't eat this stuff every day, that'd be a bad idea. :D

Coronado

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the whole Tabasco pepper plant I mentioned above. The reddest ones are the ripe ones. Any advice on how to store them? I know they can be dehydrated, frozen, pickled or just plain eaten like Jujubes (which I ain't doin'!). Which would be the best?

index.php

Wow, that plant looks better than some flower arrangements! Had no idea it was so colorful!

Damn, that is a lot of hot sitting right there! :run: