• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hot Sauce...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
By the way, Frank's Red Hot and Louisiana Hot are my EDC hot sauces. :yesway:
Incidentally, I wonder if hot sauce could be used in self defense.
They should make a pepper gun that lobs 1/8 oz. of 9 million scovilles.
That'll fix a burgler.

My wife carries a 35mm camera cartridge case of ground peppers in her pocket as a defensive weapon !

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
My wife carries a 35mm camera cartridge case of ground peppers in her pocket as a defensive weapon !
Not exactly a hell of a lot of use in a film container, but still effective if used properly I guess. Far from Bell peppers (no heat), Chili peppers are about the the least heat I know of. I ground up about 50 of mine in a coffee grinder and put the powder in a pill bottle, and I can tell you that stuff is just short of seriously harmful. Takes a few seconds to hit, but when it hits it hits hard. It's very odd when you consider these "bad boy" peppers like ghost peppers, etc. I think it'a all about how much they put in these sauces. For example, one sauce may contain ghost peppers and another only chili pepper, but the question is how much? Beause 10 drops of chile extract is way hotter than 1 drop of ghost pepper extract. ...or something like that.

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
Not exactly a hell of a lot of use in a film container, but still effective if used properly I guess.

Ideally a 50/50 mix of peppers and rock salt in a 12 Gauge Cartridge would be best, but the law in the UK re weapons (even blank firers, air weapons and BB guns) is so mega strict it defies belief. We can't even own a 3 inch blade with a lock anymore !
So it's a case of check wind direction, flick container cap and toss contents - that's about all we can do with pepper over here and even that would get you on a charge of carrying an offensive weapon !

mcblink

Reaction score
Remember that chilli pepper plant I posted about last Fall? Unfortunately I deleted the pic when I was cleaning house here and I think it's gone forever. I'll get another one in the Spring. Anyway, so I must have gotten a few hundred little peppers off that thing in the 4 months I had it, and I cut up half of them and left them to dry, seeds and all. Lately I've been trying a few slices, picking each out of the pile with a pair of tweezers, and DAY-UM these little things are hot. Who'd have thunk that home grown chili peppers could be so day-um HOT!! I can't even swallow the sumbiotches they're so hot. I highly recommend a chili pepper plant, even if just for the beauty and decor.
Well that's a cryin' shame. That was a beautiful plant if memory serves.

mcblink

Reaction score
MZ_ProductImage_Hot_Chili_Peppers.png

I like to sit down and munch out on these things sometimes. Goes good with some cheese.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's a cryin' shame. That was a beautiful plant if memory serves.
Here's a web pic that won't disappear as easily. It's the same plant I had, just so peeps know what it looked like. They go from purple to yellow to orange to red, in order of ripeness:

Rainbow-Chili-peppers-seeds-200pcs-Multi-color-Pepper-seeds-Interest-Mini-Garden-Home-Plant-Free-shipping.jpg_640x640.jpg

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I keep trying out new hot sauces/salsas. I keep trying hot sauce that says "HOT" on the rating, but, they never are. The MEDIUM" ones seem mild & the "MILD" ones are just cut up tomatoes...

I found one the other day called Mrs Renfro's & it says "scary hot".

ghost-pepper-salsa_grande.jpg

This one gets the Dog's approval!

Do use w/ caution though:

http://nypost.com/2015/08/04/eating-ghost-peppers-could-kill-you/
Since I've started this thread, I've gone through 2 jars of that Mrs Renfro's Ghost Pepper salsa...

I actually found a very good pickle, if you like sweet pickles...

4da78bbf-0b08-4fd6-af6c-23f762cb95c3_1.bcf1e2e5efcaaf5db6602e53636f9157.jpeg

It's got some bite to it. Not too much, but just right. The maple bourbon flavour is kickass! You can get it at select Wal-Marts, there's a Market style near me that I get it. These are good enough to use a snack on their own, or a side on your plate. Great for burgers...

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
MZ_ProductImage_Hot_Chili_Peppers.png

I like to sit down and munch out on these things sometimes. Goes good with some cheese.
Oh hey yeah - I used to eat those, same brand. They also make stuffed olives (huge green olives stuffed with garlic). I ate too many one night and puked my brains out. Now, the only garlic I use gets chopped up and thrown into foods while one of us is cooking. You have to be careful with garlic. I never knew that.

mcblink

Reaction score
Oh hey yeah - I used to eat those, same brand. They also make stuffed olives (huge green olives stuffed with garlic). I ate too many one night and puked my brains out. Now, the only garlic I use gets chopped up and thrown into foods while one of us is cooking. You have to be careful with garlic. I never knew that.
Oh yeah garlic has a wicked bite to it.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
81eF8itiaIL._SY679_.jpg

Anyone tried this one? Sounds serious.

I have the narrower bottle called "Hottest F***ing Sauce", looks like they're made by the same co. judging by the labels. It's pretty concentrated, but definitely not the "hottest" sauce I've tried. 1 drop on a burger (after cooking) will make it pretty hot.

61PYQws2ZfL._SX522_.jpg

My wife was frying some burgers in a pan recently. She usually adds hot sauce right to the pan and cooks the burgers on it. I gave her some of my ultra-hot "Pain Is Good batch #37" sauce (REAL hot!), and she cooked them the same way. Here's what happened: all of the heat in the sauce must have evaporated into the air, because we were choking and coughing with watering eyes worse than when you cut a fresh onion. It went like pepper spray through the whole floor of the house. When we ate the burgers though, there was no heat whatsoever. Strange. :shrug:

Last edited: