• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Hot Sauce...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Here's just one of those so-called "Tabasco" peppers I've been working on for 2 days. Just that tiny cut piece is enough to burn your mouth and throat for a good half hour. Unbelievable. The thing I'm noticing about these particular pep's is that, while the burn isn't as intense as say, a Habanero, it lasts a lot longer than one. I find Habaneros will burn intense and then start to cool off relatively soon, but the heat from these things lingers for a while. The Chap Stick is just for size reference. No idea why I'm fascinated by hot stuff - I bet I just like the endorphin rush. These peppers certainly give me that. I'm gonna have to pick some and give 'em out to friends. I would think if you cut one or two of these in half and cooked them in a pot of sauce (take 'em out when it's done cooking), it would be quite noticeably hot.

index.php

I took all the seeds out of this one, those are about half of what a whole one contains. That's a lot of seeds for such a small piece of fruit. :D

Bear R.

Reaction score
Cool Vin..My Dad was just telling me about these Peppers he ate in the jungle's of Vietnam and How they blistered his lips,,and seeing the chapstick in your pic., I thought you were gonna tell us a story like that..ha,ha..

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool Vin..My Dad was just telling me about these Peppers he ate in the jungle's of Vietnam and How they blistered his lips,,and seeing the chapstick in your pic., I thought you were gonna tell us a story like that..ha,ha..

Nah, never had that happen. But jeez man if a pepper can blister your lips, then WTH is it doing to your guts? :D Those were obviously hardcore. I like hardcore in small amounts. I can't chomp no frickin' Reapers or Ghosties, no way man!

MexicanMike

Reaction score
Things Vin likes:

- Pickguards
- Stellar guitars
- Les Pauls
- Tabasco peppers
- Habanero peppers
- Aliens
- Redryder BB guns
- Band t-shirts

mcblink

Reaction score
It's kinda odd because "shit the bed" is a phrase I've heard before around farmbillies and have been increasingly hearing since I started my new line of work, meaning something akin to "tits up" or,"the fucker just quit runnin'"....

On another note, specifically the amount of sauce in the bottle, it's 250 mL, or roughly 8.5 oz.

Here's the description, directly from bunstersfresh.com:

"One bottle of the world’s finest hot sauce coming right up! Treat yourself, or give someone special the gift that keeps on giving. Nothing says "I care about you" more than a bottle of Shit the Bed hot sauce.

Shit the Bed is the only ultra hot sauce with flavour. Loaded with Scorpion chillies (the #3 hottest chilli in the world), orange juice, garlic, onions, lime, ginger and herbs this is the one hot sauce hard core chilli heads will keep coming back to. We don't use chilli extracts in our sauces so there's no funny after taste, just whole chilli goodness. Finally something hot enough to shut up the person who is never satisfied. Funny branding also makes this a fantastic gift and retailers delight.

Warning: This product might make you shit the bed."

I'm convinced. Convinced that I must try it now.

Also, I've actually shit my bed before IRL. But it had nothin' to do with any kind of hot sauce...lol

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I went out to a place called Choppers Tacos & it is a biker taco place. Think "Vagos". Anyway here's the menu:

13704078_309160829420342_1744371622_n.jpg

I had a couple #22, which are shredded beef w/ ghost peppers & a #6 Carnitas, which is supposed to be medium heat. My brother got a #7 & a #11, which are mild & a #4 which is Chile Verde (medium). He said the CV was hot! The #22s were hot. Hotter than Mrs Renfro's GP sauce. :yum: :drool:...

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
I went out to a place called Choppers Tacos & it is a biker taco place. Think "Vagos". Anyway here's the menu:

13704078_309160829420342_1744371622_n.jpg

I had a couple #22, which are shredded beef w/ ghost peppers & a #6 Carnitas, which is supposed to be medium heat. My brother got a #7 & a #11, which are mild & a #4 which is Chile Verde (medium). He said the CV was hot! The #22s were hot. Hotter than Mrs Renfro's GP sauce. :yum: :drool:...

Love your review, Dogs.

Cheers

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember that chilli pepper plant I posted about last Fall? Unfortunately I deleted the pic when I was cleaning house here and I think it's gone forever. I'll get another one in the Spring. Anyway, so I must have gotten a few hundred little peppers off that thing in the 4 months I had it, and I cut up half of them and left them to dry, seeds and all. Lately I've been trying a few slices, picking each out of the pile with a pair of tweezers, and DAY-UM these little things are hot. Who'd have thunk that home grown chili peppers could be so day-um HOT!! I can't even swallow the sumbiotches they're so hot. I highly recommend a chili pepper plant, even if just for the beauty and decor.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way, Frank's Red Hot and Louisiana Hot are my EDC hot sauces. :yesway:
Incidentally, I wonder if hot sauce could be used in self defense.
They should make a pepper gun that lobs 1/8 oz. of 9 million scovilles.
That'll fix a burgler.

Philip Lyon

Reaction score
I started to get all excited about this thread and then discovered it wasn't about Willie Pete - never mind - google it if you don't understand.