How to get a saturated, van halen sounding tone out of a jcm 800 2203?

• Thread starter usablefiber
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valvelust

Reaction score
I get it ....but! LOL 😂
:duel:

I don't think there has been a forum that hasn't had multiple threads on this subject since they were formed.

Before it was in magazines like Guitar Player

Guitar Player.jpg

Point 2 Point

Reaction score
I still learn cool stuff from just about all the threads.
Didn’t know there was a Mighty Mite 1300 reissue until this thread.

pittbull

Reaction score
The Mighty Mite 1300-1400 pickups are being made in the USA Today(Frank Falbo is running that) the vintage Mighty Mite pickups were made in California in the 70s Randy Zagota was the owner back then he hired Seymour Duncan to do the OEM on those pickups back then Edward Van Halen did use/own Mighty Mite pickups there is still today a vintage Mighty mite(cream) 1300 in the shark(destroyer) guitar, when Van Halen did the photo shoot for the Van Halen II album Edward had the bumblebee strat for the photo shoot( you can see it on the Van Halen II album)the pickup in the bumble strat is a clear bobbin Mighty Mite 1300 pickup.

Last edited:

Point 2 Point

Reaction score
The Mighty Mite 1300-1400 pickups are being made in the USA Today(Frank Falbo is running that) the vintage Mighty Mite pickups were made in California in the 70s Randy Zagota was the owner back then he hired Seymour Duncan to do the OEM on those pickups back then Edward Van Halen did use/own Mighty Mite pickups there is still today a vintage Mighty mite(cream) 1300 in the shark(destroyer) guitar, when Van Halen did the photo shoot for the Van Halen II album Edward had the bumblebee strat for the photo shoot( you can see it on the Van Halen II album)the pickup in the bumble strat is a clear bobbin Mighty Mite 1300 pickup.
Is this most likely a MM 1300?

Valvelust

Reaction score
I well remember back in the had to be very early 80's when I was out for the EVH "brown sound".

Eddie had written an article about single coil pick-up hum, his advice was to dip them in paraffin wax, so out came my '73 Strat pups, got a double boiler on the stove to heat me up some wax, and dipped the hell out of them. Damn, it worked!

'73 Strat.jpgThey are still in that Strat my parents bought me for my 14 birthday in 1973!

pittbull

Reaction score
Ossie Ahsen is a good friend of mine he knows his stuff

Last edited: