IF you could only have one 12"...

• Thread starter zorglub!
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drbob

Reaction score
I suppose I shouldn't say this on a Marshall forum... :evil:

I'd take a Jensen P10Q (well, it's not a 12" speaker but cut me some slack on this...). 4 of them should handle a 50w Marshall, they sound great with old Fenders too. To my ears the most "British" of the Jensens.

Guv'nor

Reaction score
mmmm I have a P10Q in a 5E3 Deluxe which sounds great but never thought to try them wity a Marshall.

Sounds interesting.

swankmotee

Reaction score
Speakers for life

G12H 30 or a recone by the great Ted Weber! He can make em' sound just like a old 40 year old road dog!!!!

superleadfixer

Reaction score
Yeah but you loose the value of your cone, Weber is ok, he's the one building Scumbacks for SOuth BAy amp works etc, but I know someone who will fix your problem even better then Weber and you will be able to maintain your cone's value at the end, his name is Chris Merren aka "Cerrem", this guy makes miracles with old speakers, and he also makes the best transformers clones for all of your Plexi amps if needed, he's in San Diego CA...

swankmotee

Reaction score
Well!

If he's the guy Brent Magnano told me could rework the original voice coil back onto the paper form them I'm interested! Haven't been able to find him though and would like to because I certainly would like to save the original paper but since I have to use these things today I had to get Ted to do his magic in matching the sonics of the new cone to my old one. He NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not tell the difference! But for future reference, I would like to find out more about your friend and just what is it he does!

superleadfixer

Reaction score
No prob. let me know when your ready.......

Chris Merren is an electrical engineer, before his career in enginering he use to repair, build, clone transformers, etc..... all type of amplifiers... The best of the best in that field. The guy as knowledge like no other...

Outlaw1969

Reaction score
I was a dedicated V30 discuple for many, many years........but then I stumbled upon the "Stan-Spec" Weber speakers.

Weber essentially recreated the sound and tone of vintage Pre-Rolas with newer components. No I am not kidding, just listen to the clips. Several people on another forum ordered these, and I only know of one guy that sold his, and that is because he did not break them in. He hooked them up, decided that "this was all a bunch of hoopla" and un-installed them after only a few minutes. Coincidentally, he is now ordering more after hearing everyone elses clips of theirs after a few hours of play time.

Not trying to sway anyone, just passing along a tip. What sounds like heaven to me, may be crap to the next guy.

MetroAmp :: View topic - TED WEBER RULES THE UNIVERSE

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
was just talking about this speaker on another thread
G12M Heritiage 70 hard to come by now the company isnt
carrying them anymore,

ljberbi

Reaction score
Hey man: I have a 12" G12M-70 which is the original speaker in my JCM800 50watt combo that I bought new in 1985. Is this the same speaker you are reffering to ? I have never seen a G12M-70 except in my amp. Can you tell me what it is ? How does a 1985 celestion G12M-70 compare to today's celestions ? Thanks!

coldsteal2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They came out during the 800 days,
i dont think they sell them knew anymore
they have a G12M-65 Heritiage but not 70

older ones are better for the most part ive found.
I got my G12M-70 in a Crate speaker cab back in the late
89 i think