Iron Maiden and JCM 2000 DSL

• Thread starter TheToneDig
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheToneDig

Reaction score
I recently saw a backstage video of Iron Maiden and their guitar rig racks. There were 3 100W JCM 2000 DSL amps and I was kinda surprised because I didn't think the DSL series got that much love from big bands like this. So are they still using these 2000s?

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
Many are. That's what Reb Beach requests for all fly dates (he actually played my own DSL100 halfstack on the gig I ran sound for), and he's not an isolated case.
They're dirt cheap, are readily available (most backline companies have several in stock) and sound good. They also love being boosted so you can get a massive range of tones off them.

CroTone

Reaction score
Many are. That's what Reb Beach requests for all fly dates (he actually played my own DSL100 halfstack on the gig I ran sound for), and he's not an isolated case.
They're dirt cheap, are readily available (most backline companies have several in stock) and sound good. They also love being boosted so you can get a massive range of tones off them.
Yes, I think that pretty much sums it. They are reliable workhorse amps that can deliver classic Marshall tone and they seem to have consistency over the years.
And they are relatively cheap and available worldwide. So not a surprise that many hot shot musicians use it.
I actually have a '98 JCM 2000 DSL 100-watt head that had a power transformer blow a few years back (after working impeccably for nearly 20 years) and slowly I am revamping that beast.
I haven't played it in years but one day hopefully I will again.