Isnt it sad...

• Thread starter TyrackT71
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ydna

In Memorandum
Reaction score
You can't make a list of the world's greatest guitarists. Everyone has different opinions. Just because I, and some other people think Jimi is god doesn't mean he is for everybody. It is all relative.

Honestly, I wouldn't want my music classified under a specific genre. I don't want to be confined to a certain genre.

thetragichero

Reaction score
how could van halen NOT be pop metal?
genres help sell records, all these seem about right for that

j2112c

Reaction score
Well Priest was aroudn in the very late 60s and they became popular in the early 70s. So they dont count as the new wave of british heavy metal.

One Super Mega Face Palm will not do it... :shock:

Just because the Beatles were a pop band playing 'Help' before the Sgt Pepper, it does not mean that they were not part of the Psychedelic movement with possibly their greatest of all albums Sgt Pepper being one of the top albums defining the genre.
Priest are the same, there before, but defined a genre and produced arguably their best album and one that along with a few others defined NWOBHM - British Steel.

Not just definitely NWOBHM they were DEFINITIVELY NOWOBHM - music, fashion, wild guitar shapes...

Judus Priest were not classed as part of NWOBHM?
They led it, defined and with Motorhead No Parole album created it as far back as 75/76... 1977 Stained Class... Oh Carrie Applegates soppy wet pussy......Mega Mega Mega Mega Face Palm...

As you were not even a sperm at the time take it from me they were the leading edge of the NWOBHM movement, they drove NWOBHM into the charts and into our living rooms in 1980 with British Steel ... Living After Midnight - United - Breaking The Law.
British Steel was to NWOBHM as Sgt Pepper was to Psychedelia.

Not classed as part of it...? Good grief, at the start with Motorhead they WERE it.

demotivational-posters-facebrick.jpg

godzilla-facepalm.jpg

129069867644019597.jpg

d0cdc180_EpicFacePalm.jpg

He won't help you with this one mate, even He is face palming the Holy Goat.

pope_face_palm.jpg

lolgoatsNet_holyGoat.jpg

StootMonster

Reaction score
Metallica were big on Motorhead and NWOBHM - any interview you ever see with those guys about the early days, they say they played NWOBHM primarily and especially MOTORHEAD. They didn't claim that they were their own songs, but they didn't credit the original writers either. NWOBHM was so new at the time to the Thrash/Metal scene out there in California, nobody knew the difference. That's one of the things that set them apart from the others, well - that and the fact that they were extremely talented.

j2112c

Reaction score
OK... maybe I went over board on the face palms... but really... exasperating....

From 1979... Glen Tipton looks the same as he does now... bastard!
Jpunleashedintheeast.JPG

Hollowbody

Reaction score
I remember listening to Maiden Priest Metallica Scorpions Megadeth AC/DC Malmsteen Van Halen (etc) in the Barracks back in the day and not giving a crap about any classification.

...plus, Hendrix Zeppelin Doors The Who Peter Frampton CSNY Aerosmith Clapton, Clapton with Cream, Clapton with the Yardbirds, more Hendrix... even more Hendrix, some Jeff Beck, Zeppelin (again) Jethro Tull, bla bla bla etc etc ...

STILL didn't give a crap about classification. ha ha.

Latest posts