JCM2000 DSL 50...... Thoughts

• Thread starter charvel2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian R

Reaction score
I never used the red the first year or so of having my DSL but now it's my standard channel. Just like you said: low gain and higher volume. Tubes and bias are critical too; I always biased at 45 and since lowering it to 36-38, the red channel really opens up.

One other trick I do is set the wireless volume on 8 instead of 10 like everyone else does. This tightens up the red without sacrificing brightness, which would happen if you turned the guitar volume down.

Ken

I use the red OD1 channel only for solos..I set the gain around 7 m/volume around 4 -4.5...I then punch it in the face with a Fulltone OD pedal..volume up high, drive low..****ING INCREDIBLE dude!!! It's thick as hell man, especially since the mods man...Hands down one of the best Marshall lead sounds I've ever heard from anyone... Now if I could only play like Gary, Michael or Randy!:ugh:

DudeManCody

Reaction score
I have a dsl50 and my other guitarist plays a dsl100. His telecaster sounds way better on my 50w and my les paul sounds better on his 100w..well.. for what were doing. Very rugged amps, the infamous beer spill havened on the 100w blew a tube and a fuse, replaced, cleaned and no problems. With as many shows as we play, and how often they get beat moving around..its just as solid as my L.P. Get it.