Marijuana

• Thread starter Ghostman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I miss the hell outta weed. Used to smoke it all the time in the early ‘90s. Around ‘97 it started making me really paranoid whenever I would smoke, so I had to stop. I think I’ve tried it like three times since and every time it was an uncomfortably overwhelming experience.

That said, I believe in making all drugs legal and regulated. Mainly because people taking any kind of recreational drug these days have to be worried about fentanyl. Nobody deserves to die because they want a little molly or a little toot here and there. Not even hardcore addicts deserve it.
I used to get major paranoia whenever I used to smoke weed, back when I was in my late teens and 20's... that was in the 1990's & early 2000's... back then the quality of weed was questionable at best, not to mention the fact that people were selling and using weed that was extremely stale and old, and rampant with mold... not to mention the fact that it was rare that people actually knew what strain they were smoking (different strains could have completely different effects)... nowadays, if you get weed from a licensed dispensary or a professional weed company/business, the quality of what you're smoking is going to be infinitely better, it will be way more fresh, free of mold, and you will know the precise strain you are smoking.

Gen-Xer

Reaction score
I enjoy the gummies. It’s nice to give the ol’
People tend to defend their usage of things that they are addicted to. They like it, or at least, they like the way that taking it gets rid of their withdrawal symptoms.

Addiction is a bitch. No, that's wrong. Addiction is your master. YOU are his bitch.

Without question, there are some drug dealers that will sell anything they can procure for resale. It's not like they're going to let any tiny little remaining semblance of a conscience keep them from selling you SOME drugs and not others.

I've been watching one of my nephews slowly self destruct over the past couple of years with a combination of tobacco and alcohol, and, yes, almost without a doubt, with some drug usage as well. Although alcohol is his big problem. His doctor already told him that at the age of 33 his liver function is seriously compromised. He has been told in no uncertain terms, "YOU do not have the liver that will allow you to live a long time as the town drunk. Stop now or expect to die of liver failure."

Guess what? He's still drinking. He CLAIMS he's got it under control but everybody knows that's just another lie. Addictions make liars out of their victims.

And now I get to hear about some of you getting mad and defending your drug usage. Claiming it does no harm. OK, yeah, sure.

My only addiction is caffeine, and working out in the gym. I think the endorphins are nice. Having a respectable physique at my age certainly doesn't bother me.
I'm sorry about your nephew. It sucks to watch someone fall to addiction, whether it's heroin or alcohol, it's pretty harsh to watch. My old roommate from college went south down the road of heroin and died leaving a three year old girl. He actually had custody because the mother was severely strung out. He had been in recovery but relapsed. It was the relapse that killed him. I think a lot of ODs happen when someone relapses. Their body is no longer able to handle the quantity that they used to inject and the result is a deadly overdose.

My best friend's brother has been dealing with addiction for most of his adult life. A great guy that is just in the throws of addiction and has been a drug addict longer than he hasn't been. My two cents is that a lot of people with drug addictions tend to have a self-destructive personality and that takes them into a path of addiction that most of us would avoid. How many of us, knowing what we know, would inject heroin into your body? How many of us would choose to smoke meth? If you know what heroin does or meth does and you still decide to try it, it's hard for me to believe that you don't have self-destructive tendencies.

All of that being said, I think a majority of pot smokers aren't addicted, aren't using it as a gateway drug and not letting it interfere with their daily lives. Weed, if it is addictive, is very mild. It's probably on an addiction level of giving up salt or caffeine and nowhere near the scale of addiction for alcohol or cigarettes. It does have some setbacks. Yes, it can kill your motivation but as others have said, there are different strains. Some can actually motivate as opposed to demotivate. It's been a god send for people battling cancer, military veterans battling PTSD, and for those strains combined with CBD, it can help people with arthritis who have to deal with pain every day. Yes, they could munch on over the counter pain meds but if you have to take those daily, you risk damaging your kidneys or liver from constant use. A weed gummy combined with cbd is less harmful to your body than a Snickers bar.

The problem comes when we lump all drugs together. This was the method that our government took to fight drugs and regardless of where you stand on the issue, it's pretty clear the "war on drugs" did nothing but possibly increase drug use. If you lie about the affects of marijuana and a new marijuana user finds that they were hoodwinked, then maybe the government was lying about cocaine, angel dust, crack, etc. Misinformation does more harm than good. The movie "Refer Madness" became an ironic comedy enjoyed by stoners. Stories about how after using LSD seven times will make you permanently psychotic or how smoking crack one time will make you permanently addicted had opposite affects from their intent. Perpetuating these Nancy Reaganesque fables gets us nowhere and probably moves us backward.

P.S. If you are curious, google LSD and medical uses. We are on the cusp of using LSD for treating PTSD in military vets. Out of all the drugs you can think of, LSD is probably the one with the most misinformation. Because the way the government has classified LSD, it's been very hard for companies to conduct drug trials but for the ones that have conquered that hurdle, the results look extremely promising.

cccc

Reaction score
Weed legalization , a few decades too late for me . I just don't like that feeling anymore , I did when I was a youngster but not these days .

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I don't think using LSD as a treatment for anything is advisable when its effects are so unpredictable.

Three random guys take three hits of LSD. One acts like nothing happened. The second goes on a wild trip and makes an uneventful landing and recovery. The third pulls a Peter Green and can never play again or is otherwise permanently compromised. He went on a one way trip and hasn't been seen in his entirety ever since.

That's not suitable for treatment of ANYTHING.

My nephew will eventually hit rock bottom. At that point he'll either figure it out or he won't. Life and death choice. I can't make it for him.

You can't fix someone who won't even seriously consider the possibility that he may be broken.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
That is CBD, not CBG.
Are you sure?

"CBG works to fight inflammation, pain, nausea and works to slow the proliferation of cancer cells. Research has shown it also significantly reduces intraocular eye pressure caused by glaucoma. Strains high in CBG will be beneficial treating conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and cancer."

what is cbg

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Are you sure?

"CBG works to fight inflammation, pain, nausea and works to slow the proliferation of cancer cells. Research has shown it also significantly reduces intraocular eye pressure caused by glaucoma. Strains high in CBG will be beneficial treating conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and cancer."

what is cbg
Cool. Thanks for the info.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
I don't think using LSD as a treatment for anything is advisable when its effects are so unpredictable.

Three random guys take three hits of LSD. One acts like nothing happened. The second goes on a wild trip and makes an uneventful landing and recovery. The third pulls a Peter Green and can never play again or is otherwise permanently compromised. He went on a one way trip and hasn't been seen in his entirety ever since.

That's not suitable for treatment of ANYTHING.

My nephew will eventually hit rock bottom. At that point he'll either figure it out or he won't. Life and death choice. I can't make it for him.

You can't fix someone who won't even seriously consider the possibility that he may be broken.
no one uses LSD in a therapeutic or medicinal application.

however, Psilocybin mushrooms and Ketamine are currently being used as an experimental treatment for anxiety and depression. Ketamine being the legal one. although Psilocybin is legal in a few states (not in 3/4 of the country).

G the wildman

Reaction score
Y
I enjoy the gummies. It’s nice to give the ol’

I'm sorry about your nephew. It sucks to watch someone fall to addiction, whether it's heroin or alcohol, it's pretty harsh to watch. My old roommate from college went south down the road of heroin and died leaving a three year old girl. He actually had custody because the mother was severely strung out. He had been in recovery but relapsed. It was the relapse that killed him. I think a lot of ODs happen when someone relapses. Their body is no longer able to handle the quantity that they used to inject and the result is a deadly overdose.

My best friend's brother has been dealing with addiction for most of his adult life. A great guy that is just in the throws of addiction and has been a drug addict longer than he hasn't been. My two cents is that a lot of people with drug addictions tend to have a self-destructive personality and that takes them into a path of addiction that most of us would avoid. How many of us, knowing what we know, would inject heroin into your body? How many of us would choose to smoke meth? If you know what heroin does or meth does and you still decide to try it, it's hard for me to believe that you don't have self-destructive tendencies.

All of that being said, I think a majority of pot smokers aren't addicted, aren't using it as a gateway drug and not letting it interfere with their daily lives. Weed, if it is addictive, is very mild. It's probably on an addiction level of giving up salt or caffeine and nowhere near the scale of addiction for alcohol or cigarettes. It does have some setbacks. Yes, it can kill your motivation but as others have said, there are different strains. Some can actually motivate as opposed to demotivate. It's been a god send for people battling cancer, military veterans battling PTSD, and for those strains combined with CBD, it can help people with arthritis who have to deal with pain every day. Yes, they could munch on over the counter pain meds but if you have to take those daily, you risk damaging your kidneys or liver from constant use. A weed gummy combined with cbd is less harmful to your body than a Snickers bar.

The problem comes when we lump all drugs together. This was the method that our government took to fight drugs and regardless of where you stand on the issue, it's pretty clear the "war on drugs" did nothing but possibly increase drug use. If you lie about the affects of marijuana and a new marijuana user finds that they were hoodwinked, then maybe the government was lying about cocaine, angel dust, crack, etc. Misinformation does more harm than good. The movie "Refer Madness" became an ironic comedy enjoyed by stoners. Stories about how after using LSD seven times will make you permanently psychotic or how smoking crack one time will make you permanently addicted had opposite affects from their intent. Perpetuating these Nancy Reaganesque fables gets us nowhere and probably moves us backward.

P.S. If you are curious, google LSD and medical uses. We are on the cusp of using LSD for treating PTSD in military vets. Out of all the drugs you can think of, LSD is probably the one with the most misinformation. Because the way the government has classified LSD, it's been very hard for companies to conduct drug trials but for the ones that have conquered that hurdle, the results look extremely promising.
Yeh,

I too know someone who is self destructing.

And someone who fights it. But it takes chunks out of them and their family.

I’ll stick to coffee and a glass of wine.

G

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Are you sure?

what is cbg
@Lo-Tek - there are many different cannabinoid compounds. CBD is only one of them. CBG is one that is not discussed often. then there is CBN, and of course the one we all know: THC, among many others.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
@Lo-Tek - there are many different cannabinoid compounds. CBD is only one of them. CBG is one that is not discussed often. then there is CBN, and of course the one we all know: THC, among many others.
Yes, I'm still new to edibles but starting to figure it out. The Blood Orange gummies I previously mentioned are +CBN which is supposedly good for brain cell growth and glaucoma eye pressure.
I currently have some Wyld pear gummies on hand that are +CBG and some pomegranate that are +CBD.
Seems like CBD and CBG have similar health benefits

lespaul339

Reaction score

anitoli

Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but be careful of wanting a medical card if you plan to purchase any firearms in the future. Question F could be used as a setup. Say you have a card, you go buy a gun, if you answer yes on question F the sale is denied. So you will answer no but this now places you in violation of federal law which is lying on form 2247 to purchase a gun. By having a med card you are admitting to the Gov that you use marijuana which is still illegal under Fed law. So say you get involved in another scenario which gets you in the hot seat, facing a criminal charge, so the cops start digging and find out you have a card and then later on bought a gun you are now in felony territory. Good luck and hope you got plenty of attorney money available. Stay out of trouble.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score

Discuss...

Anything is possible, but that is damn good lawyering.
in my opinion, she probably already had some severe, manic and sociopathic mental issues going on, along with some serious unresolved anger issues and violent tendencies. the weed probably just gave her the tiny push over the edge to do what she did. there's lots of different chemicals that are legal that might've done something similar. does that mean that we should ban all of them? I think the whole marijuana psychosis phenomenon might be something that occurs in like .001% of people that smoke a lot of weed on a regular basis. don't quote me on that percentage. I'm just taking a guess, but I'm sure its somewhere around there.

Whizzercone

Reaction score
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but be careful of wanting a medical card if you plan to purchase any firearms in the future. Question F could be used as a setup. Say you have a card, you go buy a gun, if you answer yes on question F the sale is denied. So you will answer no but this now places you in violation of federal law which is lying on form 2247 to purchase a gun. By having a med card you are admitting to the Gov that you use marijuana which is still illegal under Fed law. So say you get involved in another scenario which gets you in the hot seat, facing a criminal charge, so the cops start digging and find out you have a card and then later on bought a gun you are now in felony territory. Good luck and hope you got plenty of attorney money available. Stay out of trouble.
A federal court has found that question to be a violation of the Constitution. Until this plays out, it would be best to not fill out that form, because you don't want to lie to the feds unless you are a special person.

Whizzercone

Reaction score
in my opinion, she probably already had some severe, manic and sociopathic mental issues going on, along with some serious unresolved anger issues and violent tendencies. the weed probably just gave her the tiny push over the edge to do what she did. there's lots of different chemicals that are legal that might've done something similar. does that mean that we should ban all of them? I think the whole marijuana psychosis phenomenon might be something that occurs in like .001% of people that smoke a lot of weed on a regular basis. don't quote me on that percentage. I'm just taking a guess, but I'm sure its somewhere around there.
It is my understanding that cannabis psychosis is a long term use thing in mostly younger males. She isn't male and is claiming that it happened after a few hits. Strange things happen, I'm not buying it.