Marshall 2525C – love the tone, don’t like the rattle

Brainiac22

Reaction score
Hi there!
I recently bought a new 20w/5w Marshall mini Silver Jubilee 2525c combo, and I am in love with a tone from this amp! The thing I don’t like is it tends to rattle when playing at gigging volume with a decent amount of saturation, and the bass at about 8.5 (i based my initial settings on the Joe Bonamassa settings, so they are very close to his). In researching online, several other people have had this issue, but upon contacting Marshall they say it’s just part of being a hi gain combo amplifier, and that I just need to live with it. I don’t notice it much at all while gigging, but I’m afraid if I get into a recording situation it’s going to sound more prevalent. Anybody else out there encounter this, and are there any solutions known? Thanks, and rock on!

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I had one when they first came out in '16. No rattle. I'm sure if you wanted to put some time and research into it you could find that bugger. I'd start by sitting on it. That way you could maybe see past the body itself.

Brainiac22

Reaction score
I had one when they first came out in '16. No rattle. I'm sure if you wanted to put some time and research into it you could find that bugger. I'd start by sitting on it. That way you could maybe see past the body itself.
Thanks, I’ll start with that and go from there!

mrichard27

Reaction score
Dude...... I had a mini Jubilee combo and I tried everything to stop the rattle. Low volume, it was fine, turn it up and play the low E or A and it was BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I tried wedging folded paper between the chassis and the frame. I tried buying that foam tape and putting between the top of the chassis and the box. I tightened all the screws and speaker. I bought the silicone tube rings from Eurotubes... Never got it to stop. No matter what I did. It made me so nutty that I traded it in to guitar center and bought a mini Jubilee head. Now the head sits on a shelf, and I run it through a cab. No more rattle. If you do ever figure it out, I would love to hear where its coming from...... HOURS and HOURS I spent........

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hi there!
I recently bought a new 20w/5w Marshall mini Silver Jubilee 2525c combo, and I am in love with a tone from this amp! The thing I don’t like is it tends to rattle when playing at gigging volume with a decent amount of saturation, and the bass at about 8.5 (i based my initial settings on the Joe Bonamassa settings, so they are very close to his). In researching online, several other people have had this issue, but upon contacting Marshall they say it’s just part of being a hi gain combo amplifier, and that I just need to live with it. I don’t notice it much at all while gigging, but I’m afraid if I get into a recording situation it’s going to sound more prevalent. Anybody else out there encounter this, and are there any solutions known? Thanks, and rock on!
I'd open it up and see if some wires need to be hot glued or something.

Old Punker

Reaction score
Just one of the many reasons I always get the head versions...never rattle.

Can you still take it back for exchange?

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
A lot of times a rattle on a combo, or a speaker cab, is the carrying handle. I have beat this problem before by wedging something between the handle strap and the top of the combo.

Brainiac22

Reaction score
Dude...... I had a mini Jubilee combo and I tried everything to stop the rattle. Low volume, it was fine, turn it up and play the low E or A and it was BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I tried wedging folded paper between the chassis and the frame. I tried buying that foam tape and putting between the top of the chassis and the box. I tightened all the screws and speaker. I bought the silicone tube rings from Eurotubes... Never got it to stop. No matter what I did. It made me so nutty that I traded it in to guitar center and bought a mini Jubilee head. Now the head sits on a shelf, and I run it through a cab. No more rattle. If you do ever figure it out, I would love to hear where its coming from...... HOURS and HOURS I spent........
I definitely will, fingers crossed

Brainiac22

Reaction score
Just one of the many reasons I always get the head versions...never rattle.

Can you still take it back for exchange?
I’m on my second one, both with same rattle so I think it may be the nature of the beast, although I haven’t given up yet….

Latest posts