Marshall Joe Satriani JVM DEMO

• Thread starter Snakeface
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snakeface

Reaction score
here it is :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nspUe_-CIWg&feature=plcp]Marshall Joe Satriani Head JVM410HJS - YouTube[/ame]

guitargoalie

Reaction score
Was just watching this, Chappers is hilarious! I think it sounds pretty good, but I was disappointed they didn't go through every mode, also the manual doesn't say which mode was modeled after the AFD

Snakeface

Reaction score
yeah, me too I was a bit disappointed about the fact that they didn't go really in depth with the review but hopefully Marshall will put a demo up soon on their website... I think the amp sounds killer, I actually liked the cleans.

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just watching this, Chappers is hilarious! I think it sounds pretty good, but I was disappointed they didn't go through every mode, also the manual doesn't say which mode was modeled after the AFD

that would be crunch red... but it shares similarity's with the AFD... it isn't totally modeled after the AFD

Username2

Reaction score
I will take the video for what it was... but I can assure you that that was an absolute terrible demonstration of what that amp can do... terrible I say.

I know a lot of guys are waiting to see if Marshall releases something big but this 410JS is no brides maid, as good as the JVM410 is this signature version has some great tweaks that took it up another notch or two. Specifically the mid shift control on the overdrives, badass.

Hope to see a better demo soon.

thenoodler

Reaction score
Man I wanted to watch the demo but as soon as I saw who was hosting it
my stomach turned. Watching the two of them drone on for ten minutes about nonsense is more than I can take. I tried to ff to some of the more interesting parts but just couldn't get anything out of it. I guess those two just rub me the wrong way for some reason. Probably the whole salesman pitch thing. Talking about Satriani and that "other" company, like they can't mention the name for some reason. As though it's some sinful part of his past that we are meant to forget about. I'm sure last week they probably did a video praising the Peavy JS line. Every time they demo something its just line after line about how great it is. Well of course because thier business is to sell as much crap as possible. Sorry for the rant.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I mostly agree with noodler-those two fools really did a crappy job reviewing/demoing the Satriani JVM. I also wasn't too thrilled with their AFD100 and YJM100 "reviews." I'm hoping that Marshall will get someone a bit more capable like Chris George or even Satch himself to do a few demo videos on the Marshall theater (hell, why not have Santiago himself demo the amp-I bet he could do a better job! Sad to see these two fools infront of the Satriani JVM. I know there will be better demos to come!

Nudge68

Reaction score
The thing I find so difficult with these demos is that the mic placment has a HUGE bearing on tone, as does everything in the chain, of course ...:hmm: But certainly showed a wide pallet of tones :)

Regardless, the versatility should make this a very popular unit. I havent plugged into a Marshall later than a 2002-ish TSL 602, so I have to try this and the YJM if I ever get around to going into a shop.

cheers,

Matt.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Nudge I think he is talking about the guys from Andertons