Marshall Joe Satriani JVM DEMO

• Thread starter Snakeface
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spacerocker

Reaction score
More to the point, it has a choke fitted and power supply mods for a more dymamic feel, and the OD channels have been modded to have less gain, and better dynamic response....

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
That review sucked big time :eek:. Those two are like the Beavis and Butt Head of guitar amp demos. They should stick to slurping coffee and attempting to be clever.

Its funny they're are so irritating to me that I now have a 'No Buy At Anderson's' policy.

I'm sure the demographics they aim for are the 12-18 year old spotty male who has never scored and would love to be like Rob someday, but for me. No thanks.

Truth be told the best demos on YouTube I find are from normal dudes at home who have and use the gear and aren't trying to sell you something...

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I think the best online demos are from SessionMusicTV ... only problem is that they're in German, so I don't understand most of it ... I wish they had subtitles. Either way, they seem to give the most detailed / best sounding demonstrations.

Oh, I also like the Pro Guitar Shop demos ... definitely among the best.

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I think the best online demos are from SessionMusicTV ... only problem is that they're in German, so I don't understand most of it ... I wish they had subtitles. Either way, they seem to give the most detailed / best sounding demonstrations.

Oh, I also like the Pro Guitar Shop demos ... definitely among the best.

Andy from Pro Guitar shop is great. Straight in. Great feature demos, decent playing. And he's warm enough to like yet professional enough to keep it business.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Andy from Pro Guitar shop is great. Straight in. Great feature demos, decent playing. And he's warm enough to like yet professional enough to keep it business.
I agree: that Andy guy does a good job giving everything a fair shake and the sound quality is very good. The dude doesn't talk too much and plays pretty good.

spacerocker

Reaction score
Shame to see so much hate for the Anderton's reviews! I find them mildly entertaining - although this one does go on a bit, and doesn't really tell us that much! The phasing stuff is a waste of time, and a back-to-back with a stock JVM would be much more useful!

But they seem decent enough blokes, with a real passion for guitars and amps, and a sense of humour too!

Sure Anderton trys to push the products - but he's a salesman FFS! The "You -tube" videos are a masterstroke of advertising! Andertons is a relatively small UK company, but these videos have made them famous world wide! Good luck to them, I say!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Im going to be honest, I never really heard any Anderton demos where there was a sound I really liked.

I also like SMTV and PGS. Sure, theyre not funny or entertaining, but they make their amps and gear sound amazing and go through the demoed gear thoroughly.

Also, I always thought Chapper's demos sounded better when he was by himself.

Username2

Reaction score

I live pretty close to Pro Guitar Shop in Portland Oregon. I have known Andy for years, one hell of a session guitarist. Always knows what it is a player want to hear from the gear... short and sweet and most important of all... He doesn't act like a 12 year old.

Here is one of Andy's recent videos showcasing the Catalinbread Galileo. Take lessons boys, artist interviews and nice chops.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUhPFSpqnw[/ame]

hbach

Reaction score
Andy from Pro Guitar Shop does fantastic demos!

But the Andertons ones always crack me up. I just don't take 'em seriously.

David Corrales

Reaction score
I really dig the Anderton guys, it's fun as music should be!

Anyways, it's not like it's the official Marshall video so I don't see why so much ruckus about those guys. And the amp looks nice anyway :)

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I live pretty close to Pro Guitar Shop in Portland Oregon. I have known Andy for years, one hell of a session guitarist. Always knows what it is a player want to hear from the gear... short and sweet and most important of all... He doesn't act like a 12 year old.

Here is one of Andy's recent videos showcasing the Catalinbread Galileo. Take lessons boys, artist interviews and nice chops.

Catalinbread Galileo - YouTube

Yip. He's always bang on the money with the demos of the sounds. And his personality doesn't grate on me

SuperBeaver

Reaction score
I'm seriously holding my sides laughing at your comment !!! :lol::applause:

haha. I'm actually a really nice guy and it's not in my nature to call anybody a cunt but this is a product demo and it starts off for the first ten minutes with Chappers waxing lyrical about his hero Joe... yawn.
I'm sorry i'd just like to hear the amp please. Not interested in people who endlessly love the sound of their own voice.

Maybe i'm wrong?
Maybe i'm the cunt?

It is what it is.

jorual

Reaction score
I was a bit dissapointed with the Andertons demos. Normally this guys make nice demo in the 80% of the thimes but this demo doesn't sound good to me.

It is a bit cold on the sound. I think they can get much better about that amp. They pass over some of the modes, too much talking some times an few demonstration over the modes.