Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Thinking that there isn't asian made components in your Jubilee reissue is fooling yourself.
I've got a Jubilee reissue taken apart right here next to me. I hesitate to even call it an amp.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have. Black boards and ribbon connectors. Mine sounds really good and hasn't given me any problems. I know you had a bad cap, but My experience has been very good with the reissue...but that's not the focus of the thread, I just used the Jubilee reissue as an example in reference to a previous post...and I' m glad you don't give a shit..nice touch.

el_bastardo

Reaction score
I have. Black boards and ribbon connectors. Mine sounds really good and hasn't given me any problems. I know you had a bad cap, but My experience has been very good with the reissue...but that's not the focus of the thread, I just used the Jubilee reissue as an example in reference to a previous post...and I' m glad you don't give a shit..nice touch.
Why would I give a shit if you or anyone else has one? You having one has no influence on what I'm trying to say. My comment was in response to your comment about the asian made parts. The Jubilee reissue might technically be "made in England", but one look inside screams Asian electronics....Sony guts!

And for what it's worth, it doesn't matter to me. If an amp works well and sounds good I couldn't care less who made it or where.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Dude what are you talking bullshit? First of all Marshall is British, not American. So 'nothing is made in America anymore'?. Marshall never was. Besides that my Marshall Silver Jubilee re-issue is made in Bletchley England. The JVM series is also made in England, just as the Bluesbreaker re-issues. Only the lower priced 'budget range' of Marshall is made in the far east. Fender also makes her higher priced amps in its home country, the USA. If you're happy with an asian made Marshall that's okay, it's all personal. I am not. The quality is far less than the British made amps. So is the sound. But again; it's all personal. If you think the quality is as good as the British stuff and you don't hear a difference then go buy an asian Marshall.
The dude you are referring to was not saying that. He was talking about America since he lives there. He is aware Marshall is made in England thus the Mesa remark.
Have you heard and tried borh side by side? And you know the Asian ones sound inferior, somehow??
Oh and welcome to the forum. Interesting first post.

Shae201

Reaction score
Whats interesting in terms of product origin is the Toyota Camry made in Gtown Ky is of course a Japanese based company but the Camry has more American parts than most domestic cars. I used to work for Toyota btw. Working on my 800s , I found out real quickly that a few of its components are made in Taiwan and China. Do I love my 800s any less...hell no!

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would I give a shit if you or anyone else has one? You having one has no influence on what I'm trying to say. My comment was in response to your comment about the asian made parts. The Jubilee reissue might technically be "made in England", but one look inside screams Asian electronics....Sony guts!

And for what it's worth, it doesn't matter to me. If an amp works well and sounds good I couldn't care less who made it or where.
My comment about having one wasn't trying to infuence your response, but was actually just a tongue in cheek statement. Sorry to offend.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My comment about having one wasn't trying to infuence your response, but was actually just a tongue in cheek statement. Sorry to offend.

He's not offended. EB shoots straight no matter what others think. And you weren't being offensive.

However the Jubilee just doesn't make me happy...

I keed!

Buzzard

Reaction score
I resent that remark. I’ve never had an Asian in me and I never will.