Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to demo an Origin when they get to our local GC.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Talk to you in August...2019!
Or3apga.gif

HNS

Reaction score
LOL, not even close.

The Orgin was the last amp Santiago did for Marshall. Its voice is taken from channel two of the never released Satch Combo.

Its a good amp. Spent some time with Santiago today going over it. The power reduction is awesome, it works beautiful. If you like the 2061x you will love the Orgin.

Santiago also seen his line of amps from Harmony launch today, much like a Supro but better. Also his bass amps for Blackstar launched.

My show winner today was a set of three different all valve preamps from Victory...holy shit, Friendman who.

So how does it fair compared to a Vintage Modern. I have the VM and was wondering how the new amp would sound. The fact that it has a DI out is a biggie for me.
Cheers
HNS

Last edited:

PU239

Reaction score
So how does it fair compared to a Vintage Modern. I have the VM and was wondering how the new amp would sound. The fact that it has a DI out is a biggie for me.
Cheers
HNS

It is not the same. The VM has JTM roots where the Origin has more plexi roots, of course then there is KT66 vs EL34. Both single channel amps. The Origin of course has the power reduction and boost.

I liked what I heard, Like I said previously it is real close to a 2061x which is a good thing. I would say the Origin is a blues/rock amp.

Reactions: HNS

william embry

Reaction score
Good day. I received my 20 watt Origin a few days ago and it sounds wonderful to my ears. I put some Tung Sol 12ax7's in V1 and V2 and it seems to have added a more well rounded distortion. I spoke to my Sweetwater rep today as he had asked me to let him know what I thought. I asked him if it would need to be biased if I swapped out the power tubes and in all the info he had it said nothing about it. He said he would contact Marshall and let me know. He just called me back and Marshall said cathode biased and it is safe to swap to any El 34's.No biasing needed. Just wanted to pass that on. I like my amp and it sounds so much better and bigger through a 12 then a ten. I just hope you all get to try one and not judge it by the many not so great demo's. Brett Kingman does the best demo I have heard on YT. Downside is it's that damn 20 watt combo that really doesn't do the 20 justice. Anyway, carry on rockers.

Santoni

Reaction score
Hi
There is more distorsion with the two tung sol at low volume?

eastsidecincy

Reaction score
I dont have an amp with EL34s in it...that 20 watt head looks so good....:jam:

DragonSarc

Reaction score
Good day. I received my 20 watt Origin a few days ago and it sounds wonderful to my ears. I put some Tung Sol 12ax7's in V1 and V2 and it seems to have added a more well rounded distortion. I spoke to my Sweetwater rep today as he had asked me to let him know what I thought. I asked him if it would need to be biased if I swapped out the power tubes and in all the info he had it said nothing about it. He said he would contact Marshall and let me know. He just called me back and Marshall said cathode biased and it is safe to swap to any El 34's.No biasing needed. Just wanted to pass that on. I like my amp and it sounds so much better and bigger through a 12 then a ten. I just hope you all get to try one and not judge it by the many not so great demo's. Brett Kingman does the best demo I have heard on YT. Downside is it's that damn 20 watt combo that really doesn't do the 20 justice. Anyway, carry on rockers.

Any vid or sound sample pls? thanks :wave::dude: