• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Price Drop in US

• Thread starter ByrdmanFL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IronHeadSlim

Reaction score
I bought a JVM410H in December from Sweetwater. I saw $1000 off and ordered right away because the price drop was temporary. So, could have saved another $300 if I waited. Ha, ha, but I have it and love it so all good. Now I can collect all of the UK amps! “Honey, we have to talk.” I don’t think sexing her up is going to work. She usually likes cash of an equal amount to the cost of the gear. 😁

TheDataGuy

Reaction score
I've been eyeing a JVM 410H since I first played on one at a guitar convention back in 2014. Finally pulled the trigger on a new one from Guitar Center on April 14th now that they're reasonably priced for the first time in my adult life. Seems like they're backordered pretty much everywhere, so I figure it will arrive sometime between June and Christmas.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
I received my SC20H yesterday which I ordered last week. I didn't expect it this quick. This is a nice loud amp through my 1960A 412 cabinet. Even on 5 watts. I also have on backorder the SV20H, ST20H, 2525H amps and the SC212 (G12 V-Type), ST 212 (Creambacks) and 1936 212 (G12T-75) cabinets. Might be a while before I see any more equipment to arrive as they said mid-June, but never know.

Last edited:

1956tvmodel

Reaction score
I tried the Friedman Plex at NAMM, it's really nice. Dave had it set up with a Power Station so you could crank it.
I have the Suhr SL-67 which is similar. It doesn’t surprise me he set it up with the power station because that amp just like the SL 67 is gonna sound way better with the power station than running it with the master volume alone.
I run my SL67 with the master off and out of the circuit and have compared it both ways and there is no contest.
Sounds way better with the Power Station.
I think it would’ve been more interesting. Had he just showed the amp using the new master volume instead.

Daddydeluxe

Reaction score
It gets better...

I had the ST20H with ST212 and SV212 on order and just revised to add a SV20H head as well. I ultimately cancelled and redid the order to take advantage of Guitar Center's 10% reward points, 48 month 0% financing AND they matched the Sweetwater "bundle" pricing. If you get a Marshall head and cab you get extra savings ($129 for the combos I got so $1799 each pair - rewards cancels my sales tax so that's basically out the door). I was going to get the SV20H head later on, but doubt the deal is going to get any better. No idea when they will arrive, but was told I am #14 on one of the heads...

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
I have the Suhr SL-67 which is similar. It doesn’t surprise me he set it up with the power station because that amp just like the SL 67 is gonna sound way better with the power station than running it with the master volume alone.
I run my SL67 with the master off and out of the circuit and have compared it both ways and there is no contest.
I think it would’ve been more interesting. Had he just showed the amp using the new master volume instead.
Well he had it set up for all of his display amps to go through the power station, which I wish other amp companies would do at NAMM (cough cough Magnatone). The Suhr one is great too.

Reaction score
I bought a JVM410H in December from Sweetwater. I saw $1000 off and ordered right away because the price drop was temporary. So, could have saved another $300 if I waited. Ha, ha, but I have it and love it so all good. Now I can collect all of the UK amps! “Honey, we have to talk.” I don’t think sexing her up is going to work. She usually likes cash of an equal amount to the cost of the gear. 😁
It’s only money……

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Warranty should start at the point of sale. Most states have laws to this effect which overrule company terms.
depends...

in most cases, the point-of-sale & shipping should only be a matter of days, before delivery. Warranty shouldn't be so rigid by-the-day. I mean, if you have a year warranty, any company worth salt, or more, will honor a warranty if the product fails a few days after warranty ends (within reason)...

but, in some cases, especially, in the current world we live in, you can plop the money down & it doesn't get sent for weeks, or even months. Not right, if point-of-purchase is 2 months before delivery & you have a 1 year warranty...

Any merchant worth salt would take that into consideration...

For instance... I bought a Tascam interface. It was the 16 channel one. After a couple months, the interface part stopped working. The hardware worked fine, but, as far as the computer, all I got was digital noises. So, I sent it back to Sweetwater. They checked it out, sent it to Tascam, because it was beyond their scope, as a repair service.

I got #2... Tascam deemed it unrepairable & sent a new one. On that one, right off the bat, the phantom power did not work, on channels 1-8, so, back it went.

Same thing, Sweetwater had to check it out, send it to Tascam.

#3... also had issues, right off the bat, so I called Sweetwater again. At this point, the warranty was over w/, by a few weeks, if you went by point-of-sale. I asked if I could invoke lemon law & just trade it in, for something else. They said, yeah, you just have to pay the difference.

Fair enough, I bought a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, paid the difference, & never looked back.

but... if point-of-sale was a rigid marker, that 3rd 💩 💩 💩 , would have been mine, & I would have been stuck w/ it...

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score

If these amps sound best with a Power Station, why not just get a real Marshall 1987x? Is the bright switches the alure of these boutique amps?

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
If these amps sound best with a Power Station, why not just get a real Marshall 1987x? Is the bright switches the alure of these boutique amps?
Bright switches and (for the Friedman) the variac. But sure, get the Marshall if that's what you really want.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
It gets better...

I had the ST20H with ST212 and SV212 on order and just revised to add a SV20H head as well. I ultimately cancelled and redid the order to take advantage of Guitar Center's 10% reward points, 48 month 0% financing AND they matched the Sweetwater "bundle" pricing. If you get a Marshall head and cab you get extra savings ($129 for the combos I got so $1799 each pair - rewards cancels my sales tax so that's basically out the door). I was going to get the SV20H head later on, but doubt the deal is going to get any better. No idea when they will arrive, but was told I am #14 on one of the heads...
I see you're getting a pair of Studio equipment. Nice! I couldn't resist getting the entire set of amps and the SC212 and ST212 cabinets. The other SV212 Studio cabinets have the same speakers as the SC212, but I also had to have the ST212 with Creambacks to go with the set. Keep us posted on when yours start arriving and I will do the same.

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
It gets better...

That's a good deal, but it's completely insane that you can't walk in off the street, buy something in the store, and get the 10% off. I actually asked them that and they said it applies to online purchases only.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
I purchased the 2203 and 1960AX Mar 19th from Sweetwater.
Oh my friend you are in for a treat.
These match each other very good.
I have the 1960AX and a 2203KK.
The 1960AX needs a little break in time.
At start the greenbacks sounded shy on the bass.
After a few weeks and loud sessions with my superlead they opened up and they are glorious:wub2:

jeffb

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone posted previous, but looks like the price drop also applies to the recent RI Marshall pedals. Seeing them for $190 @ zzounds. Weren't they like $250 when they came out last year?

guitarsmasher

Reaction score
Oh my friend you are in for a treat.
These match each other very good.
I have the 1960AX and a 2203KK.
The 1960AX needs a little break in time.
At start the greenbacks sounded shy on the bass.
After a few weeks and loud sessions with my superlead they opened up and they are glorious:wub2:
This actually makes me very happy. I know the guitarist makes the playing good, but the amps help, and this was my first purchase for a tube amp. Been playing 35 years and while I like Peavy solid state amps, I heard a JCM800 2203 at a guitar center and fell in love with it.

TheDataGuy

Reaction score
Sales Rep at GC said their system shows the order for my JVM 410H should be fulfilled around the end of June. That seems to be roughly similar to the timeline people are getting from Sweetwater, which is somewhat reassuring since GC's estimates on backordered items aren't always the most accurate.

New Marshall MX212R cabinet I ordered to go with it arrived yesterday though, so there's that.