• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Price Drop in US

• Thread starter ByrdmanFL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
This actually makes me very happy. I know the guitarist makes the playing good, but the amps help, and this was my first purchase for a tube amp. Been playing 35 years and while I like Peavy solid state amps, I heard a JCM800 2203 at a guitar center and fell in love with it.
Wait till you hear it boosted with SD-1;)

Keysdweller

Reaction score
I've been eyeing a JVM 410H since I first played on one at a guitar convention back in 2014. Finally pulled the trigger on a new one from Guitar Center on April 14th now that they're reasonably priced for the first time in my adult life. Seems like they're backordered pretty much everywhere, so I figure it will arrive sometime between June and Christmas.
You will love the JVM 410H. It is so versatile that it takes time and experimentation to go through all the variables this amp has. You can achieve nearly any sound you want. I've had mine for 7 years now and have never regret it.

Last edited:

Daddydeluxe

Reaction score
That's a good deal, but it's completely insane that you can't walk in off the street, buy something in the store, and get the 10% off. I actually asked them that and they said it applies to online purchases only.
I ordered in store - you make your best deal then the 10% reward points are automatically applied based on the transaction amount (you get them after return window expires and Marshall is a qualifying brand)...

Daddydeluxe

Reaction score
I see you're getting a pair of Studio equipment. Nice! I couldn't resist getting the entire set of amps and the SC212 and ST212 cabinets. The other SV212 Studio cabinets have the same speakers as the SC212, but I also had to have the ST212 with Creambacks to go with the set. Keep us posted on when yours start arriving and I will do the same.
Correct. The ST has Creambacks and the SC and SV cabinets both have the same V types so it's just look preference with those two. The Jubilee cabinet has Vintage 30s. No Greenbacks in Studio cabinets - is this a void or do the Creambacks in the ST fill in?

Do you keep the heads with matching cabinet or do you experiment?

Keysdweller

Reaction score
Correct. The ST has Creambacks and the SC and SV cabinets both have the same V types so it's just look preference with those two. The Jubilee cabinet has Vintage 30s. No Greenbacks in Studio cabinets - is this a void or do the Creambacks in the ST fill in?

Do you keep the heads with matching cabinet or do you experiment?
I have only received the SC20H amp so far. The SC212 and ST212 cabinets and the other three Studio amps I ordered are still on backorder. I am currently using the SC20H with my 1960A cabinet for now and it sounds really good and loud. Yes, it will be interesting to mix and match cabs and speakers when my other equipment arrives. Supposedly sometime in June I am told. The Jubilee cabinet states it has G12 Vintage speakers, not Vintage 30's which I first thought. It is also a 140-watt speaker system which would be less if they were Vintage 30's. I've tried researching the difference between G12 Vintage and G12 V-Type but couldn't find a definitive answer pertaining to what exactly a G12 Vintage speaker is. I might consider purchasing that one too if I knew the difference. And like you stated, owning both the SC and SV cabinets would only be a visual preference.

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I ordered in store - you make your best deal then the 10% reward points are automatically applied based on the transaction amount (you get them after return window expires and Marshall is a qualifying brand)...

But if they'd had it in stock in that store, you wouldn't have gotten the discount. Or at least that's what they told me.

Mrmadd

Reaction score
OK O
I jumped in on the Marshall Slash prices.
Only way I could get the holy grail was 48 months. Plus 10% cash back.
$1300 discount for a NEW Marshall JCM 800 2203, 100 watts.
So.....
It will be one great HNAD sometime in the gear future.
The order us in, now sit and wait.

If you like your local GC personal, it actually helps them if you irder from them instead of "point and click".
My local reps are awesome and hade it easy. Thanks Cherry Hill GC

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Sorry, but my dumb tablet has "Trump Fingers". F N goofy tablet keypad is a joke.

Or the freaking thing places others words for you

Spooky88

Reaction score
Yeah, I was considering the JVM410H but seeing how the 1962 Bluesbreaker is now 2299$ I might be buying it instead.

Last edited:

Kutt

Reaction score
The Jubilee cabinet states G12 Vintage, whatever that is. I sent Celestion an email asking them to explain the difference between the G12 Vintage, G12 V-Type and Vintage 30's. There are a lot of different opinions in some of the other forums.
The current production Silver Jubilee 1x12 extension cabinet has a V-Type speaker. Period. Opinions are irrelevant.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
This is what Celestion emailed me about the G12 Vintage Speaker: "Yes, the Marshall G12 Vintage is equivalent to the standard Vintage 30, the slight difference in power rating notwithstanding. The G12 Vintage/Vintage 30 is quite different from the V-Type both in terms of manufacture and tone." So, I ordered the Marshall Silver Jubilee 212 cabinet also. There are 3 types of different Celestion speakers within the 4 different Studio 212 speaker cabinets. The Silver Jubilee 212 has the G12 Vintage/Vintage 30's, The STS 212 has the G12M-65 Creambacks and the SV212 and SC 212 both have the G12 V- Types.

Last edited:

Keysdweller

Reaction score
The current production Silver Jubilee 1x12 extension cabinet has a V-Type speaker. Period. Opinions are irrelevant.
My statements were about the 212 cabinets. It looks like the Silver Jubilee 2x12 stack and 2x12 side by side has the G12 Vintage, the Silver Jubilee Combo has the G12M Greenback and the 1x12 extension has the G12 V-Type. Strange they would put a different speaker in the 1x12 extension cabinet, the 2x12 Silver Jubilee cabinets and the Silver Jubilee Combo amp. No opinions in these facts.

Last edited:

Daddydeluxe

Reaction score
But if they'd had it in stock in that store, you wouldn't have gotten the discount. Or at least that's what they told me.
In stock or not Guitar Center will price match other dealers advertised prices such as Sweetwater who have Marshall bundle pricing that I stumbled upon. They have 30+ combinations and say they will make you one if not listed. For Studio heads and 212 Cabinets they are listed at $1799 instead of $1928. Guitar Center 10% reward points are automatic with the Gear Card purchases along with the 48 month financing option at 0% (Marshall products qualify).

The Marshall prices may very well be permanent so discounting, as evidenced by the Sweetwater bundle program, may also be on the horizon. Tesla is going through a similar thing right now - their cars are not on sale, but rather the MSRP is lowered forming a new base...

SlyStrat

Reaction score
Everything I'm looking at is backordered.
Been down that road before.
Watch the prices change when they are actually in stock.
Had a Studio backordered from Zzounds for 3 months then they
cancelled my backorder.

Latest posts