• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Marshall Price Drop in US

• Thread starter ByrdmanFL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
My SC212 cabinet has shipped. I got my SC20H amp a couple of weeks ago. I still have the ST20H, SV20H, 2525H Studio amps and the ST212, 2536A Studio cabinets on back order. I also ordered the 1960B and 1936 cabinets. I also got a good deal on the Fender Super-Sonic 22 amp, also on backorder, to add some variety to my Marshall equipment. Good to hear other people are starting to get Marshall gear and Marshall is starting to trickle merchandise into the United States.

ByrdmanFL

Reaction score
My SC212 cabinet has shipped. I got my SC20H amp a couple of weeks ago. I still have the ST20H, SV20H, 2525H Studio amps and the ST212, 2536A Studio cabinets on back order. I also ordered the 1960B and 1936 cabinets. I also got a good deal on the Fender Super-Sonic 22 amp, also on backorder, to add some variety to my Marshall equipment. Good to hear other people are starting to get Marshall gear and Marshall is starting to trickle merchandise into the United States.

That's awesome! Hopefully my SC20H will get her earlier than expected.

BTW, considering your name, do you live in the FL Keys? If so, I'm in FL an go down there often to fish and dive. If you play out, I'll come check you out next time I'm down there.

Keysdweller

Reaction score
That's awesome! Hopefully my SC20H will get her earlier than expected.

BTW, considering your name, do you live in the FL Keys? If so, I'm in FL an go down there often to fish and dive. If you play out, I'll come check you out next time I'm down there.
Yes, I have lived in the upper Keys for 25 years. I've gigged in bands off and on since moving down here. I am currently jamming with a new band. We have done some jams and gigs. None of us want to do it full time or for a living anymore like in our younger years. We just like doing occasional gigs and jams just for the fun of it. There's a lot of musicians down here and several bars do jam nights once or twice a week so there's usually some place to play most nights if you want to. I've been scuba diving down here since the 80's. Haven't done it for a while. If you make it down one day, message me.

Kutt

Reaction score
Only bad thing is I wish the front panel was actually Plexiglass like that SV20H... it appears to be metal. Nit picky.
The panel on the SV20H is not plexiglass. It is literally a sticker over the metal part of the control portion of the chassis. I know firsthand.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
The panel on the SV20H is not plexiglass. It is literally a sticker over the metal part of the control portion of the chassis. I know firsthand.

Hmmm... for real? In passing it looked like it was transparent, so I assumed it was Plexiglass. I haven't really inspected it though.

Kutt

Reaction score
Hmmm... for real? In passing it looked like it was transparent, so I assumed it was Plexiglass. I haven't really inspected it though.
I thought so too. After about a year of owning mine I noticed what looked like cracking or checking around the bat switch on mine (I posted a thread here somewhere back then). It was covered under warranty. When I got to the repair shop the tech whips out the sticker directly from Marshall. He heated up the panel and peeled off the factory one.

For real.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
So that leaves me wondering.... is the Friedman Plex gold painted steel or a sticker too? lol

Kutt

Reaction score
So that leaves me wondering.... is the Friedman Plex gold painted steel or a sticker too? lol
Willing to bet that Dave would tell you if you emailed him. I asked him a few questions in recent years and he was always transparent.

guitarsmasher

Reaction score
The SC20H I just bought said to expect it to ship by 8/11 but I hope it comes earlier
I hope you will get it earlier; I'm chomping at the bit though, this is my first real big purchase. Currently run a Bandit 112, solid state. This will be my first experience with a tube amp, and greenbacks.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you will get it earlier; I'm chomping at the bit though, this is my first real big purchase. Currently run a Bandit 112, solid state. This will be my first experience with a tube amp, and greenbacks.
Oh, man. you are going to be blown away! I'd like to see your face when you hit that first chord.

anitoli

Reaction score
I am almost positive you will love it. That first tube Marshall is equivalent to the first piece o' ass, you can repeat the experience forever but the first time is what makes the memories.

guitarsmasher

Reaction score
Got my 2203x delivered yesterday, 1960TV connected to it... Sweet sound... Cleans well with SD-1, but I like it better without peddle... Gonna try the 1960BV today...
Everything I have been told from most people is I at most will only hook a tube screamer up to the amp. Otherwise, no pedals needed.