Marshall Uk Production Not Ceased!

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SG~GUY

Reaction score
-+<{···whatch-you-mean-"WE"-whiteman···}>+-

QUOTE="Ghostman, post: 1658845, member: 30867"]LMAO!! "we"

there was no "We" it was all Friedman that goofy haired buffoon. :D[/QUOTE]

Friedman makes decent shit. Yet he's still in middle school naming his amps. Excluding the Phil X model which Friedman didn't giggle his ass over or offer a taint model.

Anus? Pink Taco? I guess it's all in the circuitry. Buried balls deep.

--follow the Friedman timeline to fortune & fame,... Its not hard to figure out where face blatantly ripped off!!!... Errrrrrrrr... Found his way from chasing loop hum @ RACK SYSTEMS to overnight success.

-you can take the girl out if the country,... but you can't take the country cowgirl out of the farmers daughter-

PU239

Reaction score
Dave Friedman and the folks at Marshall well all see each other at NAMM next month. Marshall however has moved their booth up to the second floor, last year their booths were pretty close to each other.

I have met Dave and he didn't strike me as a bag of dicks. He will tell you that what he does has nothing to do with Marshall but none the less without Marshall Dave would be cooking at Denny's, show some f'ing respect. Dave built his reputation by working on Marshall's.

charveldan

Reaction score
Somewhere with a Friedman Marshall & Les Paul.
marshall_cover.jpg

Marshall-Amp-Amplifier-Cute-Cool-Hard-Plastic-Mobile-Phone-Case-Accessories-For-iPhone-6-6-plus.jpg

marshall-amplifier-mini-fridge-9369.jpg

Yes respect because nobody makes better cell phones, sunglasses & mini fridges than Marshall.
However if you want a guitar amp you may need to go elsewhere.

renips

Reaction score
I never could find his apology on any forum. Tone talk did put the edited version of the video back up.
I hope the NAMM show finds Marshall with new releases apart from code and the reissued DSL

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
show some f'ing respect. Dave built his reputation by working on Marshall's.

I didn't see the video, but was Dave's comments meant as disrespect? Or was he just privy to false information and made the mistake of reporting on it?

renips

Reaction score
I didn't see the video, but was Dave's comments meant as disrespect? Or was he just privy to false information and made the mistake of reporting on it?
It was matter of fact. I don’t believe there was any malace intended. Friedman has never shyed away from giving Marshall credit for their designs. He also shares his knowledge with viewers which is cool. The show gets involved in many subjects surrounding gear and tone chasing. I really enjoy hearing Marc work with DF and John Suhr as well as Pete Thorn. A lot of experience and very interesting history

Marc_Tone-Talk

Reaction score
Hey Marc. Welcome to the forum.

Thank you. I used to be a member at some point many years ago but lost my user name and password. :)

I'm happy to be here. Let's please not lose our minds about what was said. We edited the video and all is hopefully over.

Marc_Tone-Talk

Reaction score
It was matter of fact. I don’t believe there was any malace intended. Friedman has never shyed away from giving Marshall credit for their designs. He also shares his knowledge with viewers which is cool. The show gets involved in many subjects surrounding gear and tone chasing. I really enjoy hearing Marc work with DF and John Suhr as well as Pete Thorn. A lot of experience and very interesting history

Thanks and I can assure you and everyone there was no malice. I hope you guys can enjoy the show. Next one is the head designer of the Peavey 5150, James Brown.

Ghostman

Reaction score
it was 4 and a half hours long. How many other egregious remarks are buried in that pile? :scratch:

I imagine it's worse than trying to read through Tax Law. :lol::lol:

Marc_Tone-Talk

Reaction score
it was 4 and a half hours long. How many other egregious remarks are buried in that pile? :scratch:

I imagine it's worse than trying to read through Tax Law. :lol::lol:

Actually, try putting it on 1.5x speed and you can get through it faster. Nothing on our show is meant to be egregious. Give it a listen before you form an opinion. If having information from Friedman, John Suhr, and Pete Thorn doesn't interest you...more power to you.

:cheers:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I'm going to close this one out.

The guys at the center of this seem to be sincere about cleaning up their mistake. I didn't sense any malice in their discussion, as it was just shop-talk. I think, in passing, the original comment wasn't a big deal, until he was questioned about it & seemed to be emphatic about the claim.

I could see easily making a casual joke that "even Marshall is making all their amps in Vietnam" in any forum as acceptable jargon. I guess that Dave has certain industry respect, people take him seriously. He should have been more careful, especially when doubling down.

I'm going to delete the other thread too...

Status
Not open for further replies.