MarshallForum song, how wanna participate?

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Well, I can just cut from 0:20 to 0:40... That give us 30secs! Exacly, 18 mesures/each

Fine?

:h5:

xtian

Reaction score
I'll play! If I'm not too late: I think you should find a backing track that's drums'n'bass, better to feature the guitars we record, na?

maxime1122

Reaction score
So, just for a quick update :

So, I figured out that for the moment we are 11:

wreckingball
maxime1122
DSL100_Dude
rjtm
lucidspoon
Neylus
bulldozer1984
Papus
SmokeyDopey
carrots
xtian

-------

kebek?
Others?

MM54

Reaction score
I'll consider it when I get home if I have time, could be fun :hmm:

jag-man

Reaction score
I'm in too!!!
We did something like this on the JVMforum a while ago, and i really liked how it turned out!
I'm sure this one will be as good, or even better ;)

dptone5

Reaction score
You won't believe this....I was just thinking about asking the same question over Christmas break, so I'm very interested as well.

I can take a .wav file and upload to my Korg D1600 MKII and provide you with a .wav file back.

If you're looking for different amps, I'd be willing to use my 6100, 1987XL or 2203X. For guitars, I could go with the LP, Strat or Jackson....just let me know what you would like.

Thanks Max!! :h5:

DP

maxime1122

Reaction score
You won't believe this....I was just thinking about asking the same question over Christmas break, so I'm very interested as well.

I can take a .wav file and upload to my Korg D1600 MKII and provide you with a .wav file back.

If you're looking for different amps, I'd be willing to use my 6100, 1987XL or 2203X. For guitars, I could go with the LP, Strat or Jackson....just let me know what you would like.

Thanks Max!! :h5:

DP

DPTones, do you like the rythm track? Easy to jam on?

dptone5

Reaction score
Yes, I like it a lot. Should not be a problem to come up with a good rockin' lead line to go along with it. I'm looking forward to working on it!!

Are you going to be posting a .wav file on a share site that we can download to a computer? Will you be recording it to a click and if so, can you make a separate .wav file for the click? Not a problem if you can't, but it may make it easier.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Yes, I like it a lot. Should not be a problem to come up with a good rockin' lead line to go along with it. I'm looking forward to working on it!!

Are you going to be posting a .wav file on a share site that we can download to a computer? Will you be recording it to a click and if so, can you make a separate .wav file for the click? Not a problem if you can't, but it may make it easier.

I will give you only the 18 mesures part in a wav file with a click. So you can record your track. You will need to start your recording from the beginning, even if your not playing. That way, it will be easier for me.

And then, you can apply all the processing that you want on your guitar track ONLY (EQ, reverb, compression, etc.). After you give me your track and I will add it to the mix.

Clear? :hmm:

Nuke93

Reaction score
Hey wreckingball, I see you are into the Phantasm movies...me too....so cool...kinda like a cult classic movie I think.
And if you didn`t know some of the cast are actually musicians too!

wreckingball

Reaction score
Ok guys!!!

I've made a potential recording for this.

Here is the link :
This is the recording link

There is an intro riff (finish at about 0:20) and then I've done a verse that I can repeat for each person (guitar solo). The verse for solo is about 50 seconds long. So, you have a bit of time to show us something :hmm:

Any thoughts on that?

It could be interesting to have drums and bass on this :)

BTW, keep in mind that this isn't the final version! I tried to do a version that accomodate most people: not too soft, not too heavy :)

Man, I absolutely love that opening riff! :dude: That's in G, no?

Anyway, the later parts have a major scale sound to them, which is cool, but I bet there's a lot of folks that would dig to solo over minor pentatonic type stuff (for instance).

I have some ideas/riffs floating around in my scheming little cranium, and I've no doubt that you do too.

My main point is, let's not be hasty, there are enough people here that have seen this and want to be in on this thing, that we can come up with something that spans the entire spectrum, eh?

Let me know what you think...:fingersx:

wreckingball

Reaction score
Hey wreckingball, I see you are into the Phantasm movies...me too....so cool...kinda like a cult classic movie I think.
And if you didn`t know some of the cast are actually musicians too!
Absolutly! Liberty Machine is a fan as well, it'd be cool if he got his ass back here...:fingersx:
I like the intro riff.
:lol: You beat me to it, kinda.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Man, I absolutely love that opening riff! :dude: That's in G, no?

Anyway, the later parts have a major scale sound to them, which is cool, but I bet there's a lot of folks that would dig to solo over minor pentatonic type stuff (for instance).

I have some ideas/riffs floating around in my scheming little cranium, and I've no doubt that you do too.

My main point is, let's not be hasty, there are enough people here that have seen this and want to be in on this thing, that we can come up with something that spans the entire spectrum, eh?

Let me know what you think...:fingersx:

Yeah, if someone has something to propose... Thats great!

I was trying to fing a solo's riff that was kinda easy to jam on for everyone.

Latest posts