MarshallForum song, how wanna participate?

• Thread starter maxime1122
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rjtm

Reaction score
My brother's a drummer, but his drumset isnt the greatest. If theres no one else available I guess he could record the beat if its alright with him.

gdh1532

Reaction score
I could record some drums and bass gtr. It would help if I could get the BPM for the gtr loop you recorded. I can figure it out, but it's much faster if you could post up the information. That way I can lock my project speed to the speed of the loop.

wreckingball

Reaction score
I could record some drums and bass gtr. It would help if I could get the BPM for the gtr loop you recorded. I can figure it out, but it's much faster if you could post up the information. That way I can lock my project speed to the speed of the loop.

Bass is already covered, unless people vote that my track sucks that is...:lol:

But hell yes, drums! drums! drums! We need a drum-track! :rock:

hacksaw

Reaction score
Well I offered a couple times to help with the drums but seems I've been ignored. Kinda got the hint. LOL..

Put the track out there with the bass and maybe someone will pick it up and do it. kinda would help with folks laying guitar tracks as well.

maxime1122

Reaction score
Well I offered a couple times to help with the drums but seems I've been ignored. Kinda got the hint. LOL..

Put the track out there with the bass and maybe someone will pick it up and do it. kinda would help with folks laying guitar tracks as well.

Sent you a PM. And BTW, I would prefer real drummer over MIDI, if possible.

:h5:

hacksaw

Reaction score
Sent you a PM. And BTW, I would prefer real drummer over MIDI, if possible.

:h5:

:confused:
Only time I throw midi is if we choose to change the kit sounds but it's still real time human based, not click track based. I have 5 acoustic drum kits to choose from or the Roland TD-20s with spdif/ Midi would only be used to change drum sounds, it is always human and it's all audio wav. Nothing point and click with a mouse during creation. Some dude will sit down and play.

My last track recording for the last CD for a band I recorded mostly here at my home http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/xout/id315464912 The entire Cd done with td20. So, If the TD-20 works for ya. Fast and easy and sounds great. SPDIF < Audio not midi

wreckingball

Reaction score

Oh, sorry man, did not see your posts regarding this, yes TD drums are great! :dude:

We need you (or another drummer) in this project...:fingersx:

Last edited:

gdh1532

Reaction score
:confused:
Only time I throw midi is if we choose to change the kit sounds but it's still real time human based, not click track based. I have 5 acoustic drum kits to choose from or the Roland TD-20s with spdif/ Midi would only be used to change drum sounds, it is always human and it's all audio wav. Nothing point and click with a mouse during creation. Some dude will sit down and play.

My last track recording for the last CD for a band I recorded mostly here at my home iTunes - Music - Xout by No Restraints The entire Cd done with td20. So, If the TD-20 works for ya. Fast and easy and sounds great. SPDIF < Audio not midi

+1 I don't have the roland.. I use a yamaha Dt express with kit just to put the beats down. then I have some great drum sounds to put to the recorded beats.

Only reason I wanted the bpm of the song was to set up my own click track to my headphones.

hacksaw

Reaction score
+1 I don't have the roland.. I use a yamaha Dt express with kit just to put the beats down. then I have some great drum sounds to put to the recorded beats.

Only reason I wanted the bpm of the song was to set up my own click track to my headphones.

heck ya! That works great too! Do you track midi as well? I track midi along with the sppdif just for the option to change the drum sounds if needed. :)

I use bpm for the same reason and marker setup in longer songs because I will forget at my age HAH. :D

I was thinking this tune was 120 bpm ? I can't remember. (there I go again!)

Hey,, you want to throw down some beats and I can put other stuff on it. I've got keyboards here so I can layer some of that 80's thang on it. :hmm: back fill little .. just kiddin on the 80's vibe :D

gdh1532

Reaction score
I don't use the any of the sounds of the dt express. I just record the hits to the triggers as I play on it the kit I run 7 separate channels.. I also have access to a real kit, but time is limited on it. much easier if I used the DT express.

Really if you have good drum chops it might come out better.. I can lay down some basic stuff. I am not that good of drummer.

hacksaw

Reaction score
Basic is good man! I don't think they need anything too complex, well unless Mr. Wreckingball on the bass just went wild and had a great time on it.. heh?

wreckingball

Reaction score
I wondered why my ears were ringing...:D

Hey guys, I have to redo the bass track today, but just wanted to say that it's nothing complex, so simple drums should be cool.

hacksaw

Reaction score
HAHAHA.. yous got good ears man! :D Thanks for the update!!

Sweet.. Mr. gdh1532, go for it man! :)

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I finished writing and recording my part. I want to listen to it a few more times, but what's the best way for all of us to send you our parts?

rjtm

Reaction score
I say PM him the track and he can update us on who made what and how its going so far and maybe put a few sample solos up from some people