MHD Pickups. Is anybody out there?

• Thread starter Bray n
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captcoolaid

Reaction score
I have to run got things to do today. Bryan let me know what you think of the set and what you want to do. Rocktane my winder is down and will not be fixed until end of February. I will send yo the replacement for the bridge then.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Cap , I wish you well.
Something I have seen in one man business's is a guy like yourself who is very talented can build great stuff but with demand it becomes like a one leg man in ass kicking contest.
Secondly if something in life goes wrong the whole thing goes down the shiterie.
I believe what it takes (no experience myself) is an investor or something like shark tank where someone buys an interest. Sell it to a big company like Dimarzio.
I know building is your passion and you price them reasonable. I have heard them on YT also but I believe it takes capital and employees.
Best of luck.

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sort of pessimistic by nature. I have also seen a lot of different things happen on the internet over the years.
FWIW, I believe Rayne is being upfront here. He has been doing exactly what he said over on MLP and it seems to be working.
It would be impossible for him to fix everything overnight. From what I see he is trying to rebuild trust little by little.

My point is, Rayne is taking responsibility for what happened. He is trying to rebuild. Lets accept that, and see what happens.
I, for one hope that he gets back on his feet. He may have made some business mistakes, but he winds great pickups.

Best of luck Rayne, :yesway:

Rocktane

Reaction score
Rayne, first of all, welcome back and thanks for finally figuring out part of the equation. You have known that the pick up you sent was incorrect since November of 2012. So did I ever get what I ordered? Nope. As far as my answer to Steve's question; that's the total truth. I never got the pickups I was "talking" about back in June. Steve was referring to posts you made to me, on another forum, where you graciously informed me that you had the parts in to build the set we had been talking about (via personal emails, not through a forum) for the LP. (nothing to do with RG pu) You then disappeared, again. The discussion was more about uncovering if you were up and running as a business at that point, than if people were getting ripped off. Show me a post where I said you "ripped me off". You should be able to find a lot more posts from me stating you make great pickups than anything else. Rayne, 80% of our conversations discussing pickups, guitars, amps, and music in general, were through personal email. Trying to highlight this matter with a couple pm's sent through here isn't very accurate. Once again, welcome back.

Rocktane my winder is down and will not be fixed until end of February. I will send yo the replacement for the bridge then.

Actually, after reading your posts today, don't bother. I will be just sell the one I have.

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Rocktane if you read that as an outsider it looks as if I never sent you anything at all. I do apologise for going off the deep end with you but that is how it read to me and some others as well. And yes you are correct in the email thing. I only brought the pms out because of the way the q and a went. You can do whatever you want with the pickups as far as why I blew up at that point here ya go....
I was going to let this go, but I can't... The truth is yes Rayne did contact Bray n, but only after he called and left a message. I gave him the number. I doubt Rayne even saw this thread. This is nothing against Bray n and I know he was unsure of what to say and being nice, but I'm not. I'm really disappointed. Rayne should have said something. The thing that gets me is this...

This happened on another forum. We had a conversation back in June and Rayne showed up and told Rocktane that he had "some great shit" for him. Now I find out he never got them! If Rayne's been sick that's one thing, but if he could pick up the phone and call Bray back he could let everyone know whats going on. I'm biting my tongue here I swear! I'll shut up...

Bryan, I really hope you get your pickups bro.

that reads to me like you are telling folks you never got anything from me. Apparently I am wrong in assuming that so there for I apologize to ya. But to anyone reading this that is not aware it looks like you never got anything.

As far as the whole Bryan deal there is more to it than what has been posted. I think the plates were mis marked hence the whole debaucle on him thinking he got the wrong pickups. I have asked a few times for a DCR reading and to no avail. This would have pretty well solved everything with the Bryan deal except now he has come back and starts bitching about the free set he turned down. Shit he never even told me what set he wanted. But when he mentioned it I told him no problem as he wanted something Gibson spaced.

So to Rocktane I am sorry. You unfortunately fell through the cracks in a big way. If you still want them i will do a new set for you for free and you can keep them sell them what ever you want, however the machine will not be running until mid to late February.

To Bryan I would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting I did not get or I got the wrong set threads when you will not five me a DCR, you refuse the free set then bitch how you did not get it, and finally make up your mind which set you want as the free set.

The DCR will tell me everything.

By the way I stopped hanging at both forums for a while. I was spending way to much time on the boards and designing anything or playing anymore. I told myself after the trigger finger dealio I was gonna start playing more.

captcoolaid

Reaction score
Chuck I have a few sets right now. Give me a day and i will see if I do have a zebra in what you are looking for that is ready for assembly.

Bray n

Reaction score
Rocktane if you read that as an outsider it looks as if I never sent you anything at all. I do apologise for going off the deep end with you but that is how it read to me and some others as well. And yes you are correct in the email thing. I only brought the pms out because of the way the q and a went. You can do whatever you want with the pickups as far as why I blew up at that point here ya go....

that reads to me like you are telling folks you never got anything from me. Apparently I am wrong in assuming that so there for I apologize to ya. But to anyone reading this that is not aware it looks like you never got anything.

As far as the whole Bryan deal there is more to it than what has been posted. I think the plates were mis marked hence the whole debaucle on him thinking he got the wrong pickups. I have asked a few times for a DCR reading and to no avail. This would have pretty well solved everything with the Bryan deal except now he has come back and starts bitching about the free set he turned down. Shit he never even told me what set he wanted. But when he mentioned it I told him no problem as he wanted something Gibson spaced.

So to Rocktane I am sorry. You unfortunately fell through the cracks in a big way. If you still want them i will do a new set for you for free and you can keep them sell them what ever you want, however the machine will not be running until mid to late February.

To Bryan I would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting I did not get or I got the wrong set threads when you will not five me a DCR, you refuse the free set then bitch how you did not get it, and finally make up your mind which set you want as the free set.

By the way I stopped hanging at both forums for a while. I was spending way to much time on the boards and designing anything or playing anymore. I told myself after the trigger finger dealio I was gonna start playing more.

Hey Rayne. We have been sending texts and PM's. I actually wrote on your thread that the second free set you offered may have been an error in communication. You offered the second set via text and I replied via text saying that it was not necessary but that I would accept a set for my LP studio. I replied to your text offering the free set immediately after receiving it. I never heard back from and assumed you had received the text. I did not hear back from you again despite sending other text inquiries.
I also informed you that I was unable to get a reading from one of the pickups and that I could not get the numbers to settle on the other. Could be operator malfunction on my part. I have actually tried to be honest and fair in my posts. I have been a bit frustrated over the last 7 months though.

I appreciate that you are quick to respond as of late and are trying your best to make things right.
Thanks.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
ya know,when all else fails the telephone still works for talking to people. it's instantaneous & there's no confusion w/ lost texts,emails,etc.:wave:

Rayne did me a straight up deal,except for the farking USPS trying to send my stuff on a U.S. tour that included almost every state but mine...:mad:
but he got that fixed quickly on his end.no fault of his.

Bray n

Reaction score

I also sent you a bunch of texts and posted about the DCR. Bridge=NO reading. Neck=7.76 when it finally settles but jumps between 7.7 and 10.

I informed you via PM that I was interested in the Straightjacket with A2 mag for my LP stud.. I sent this PM quite a while ago.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bray n

Reaction score
ya know,when all else fails the telephone still works for talking to people. it's instantaneous & there's no confusion w/ lost texts,emails,etc.:wave:

Rayne did me a straight up deal,except for the farking USPS trying to send my stuff on a U.S. tour that included almost every state but mine...:mad:
but he got that fixed quickly on his end.no fault of his.

I called both numbers many times and left messages on both voice mails. I understand that Rayne was struggling with his health and I am glad that he is feeling somewhat better. MHD texted me about the free set and I replied by text.
I was resolved not to post about this anymore.
As always I wish MHD the best.

Thanks

Last edited:

Bray n

Reaction score

I have to admit I am upset. I believe I made a big attempt to be respectful to MHD as a business and a livelihood. I refrained from posting the details of this long and odd pickup interaction.
I have requested a refund as I am finally done with this. I will play the stock pickups and be happy with them.
Thank you all for your patience in this thread. I will not post about this again unless I see inaccurate information being posted.
Thanks
Good luck MHD I wish you the best. I understand that you went through many difficult challenges this past year and it contributed to this pickup situation.
B.

Status
Not open for further replies.