Mini Jubilee looks official!

• Thread starter Bloodrock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I meant it looks like the SL5 in more general terms of it's size / front view from a distance.. rather than in knobs!

Seems it does have FX LOOP :D

http://www.guitar-bass.net/news/namm-2016-marshall-announce-the-2525-mini-jubilee-head-combo/

Why the **** did Marshall have to make the perfect mini amp?

Seriously, **** them. **** them to hell. They're going to make my wallet kill itself.

Why is everyone kicking ass at NAMM this year. First, Mesa brings back the Mark IIC+, now Marshall is releasing a modeling amp I've been asking for years for, and also expanding into the mini amp market.

I haven't been this excited for NAMM reveals since I started guitar.

dave999z

Reaction score
So the combo is 20W? Does it have just one EL34 then? Hmmm. (I know nothing about the original jubilee combo,mid there was one.) That's not loud enough to play with a band (sans PA).

So the cab is about the size of the DSL15C.

I kind of wish it were more powerful, like a Silver Jub version of the DSL40c.

DSL 50

Reaction score
Would have been better if they were Vietnam made like the DSL's.

Then we could see these closer to $599

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Yeah but I like my monies to stay over here. :S

Anyways, woohoo! I knew Marshall would come through eventually. Now, let's hope this thing becomes a mainstay, and that they keep putting out similar products in other formats. Want me some 20w 800.

wakjob

Reaction score
I'm not getting my hopes up for any new gear this year.
Trends forecasters are predicting this to be the beginning of a VERY bad financial year.

Thinking of personally pulling my 401k outta the markets and going cash/liquidities.

On topic, this could be a great move for Marshall.
The Jubilee didn't do well in sales originally. The last ones didn't sell around my area until almost the mid-90's. It was only til lately they seemed to take a cult following.

Good on Marshall of taking advantage of the opportunity. Seizing the moment if you will.

ricksteruk

Reaction score
Does it have a clean channel?

If it's totally the same preamp as the 2555 there's a "normal" channel and a "lead" channel. You can footswitch between them. The normal channel does the typical Marshall clean thing.

There's also a "rhythm clip" function on the normal input to dirty the normal channel up for crunch which sadly is not foot switchable.

Would be great if the new mini jube could foot switch both things!!

Evil Z06

Reaction score
If it's totally the same preamp as the 2555 there's a "normal" channel and a "lead" channel. You can footswitch between them. The normal channel does the typical Marshall clean thing.

There's also a "rhythm clip" function on the normal input to dirty the normal channel up for crunch which sadly is not foot switchable.

Would be great if the new mini jube could foot switch both things!!
Thanks for the explanation.I will either be getting the Jube combo or the upcoming JS 20 Watt combo....Hopefully at least one of them come out soon

MattH

Reaction score
I think Marshall hit a grand slam with the mini Jubes!
Well done Marshall!

Bloodrock

Reaction score
I wonder why they went with a greenback in the combo instead of a V30 since the Jubes were designed around the V30?.... Ah who cares... TAKE MY MONEY! :applause:

iron broadsword

Reaction score
At 25w power handling, the greenback should fit it real nice. Marshall seems to be pretty wise when it counts about putting out combos with speakers that will break up a little. Class 5 and this and the 1w's had low power handling too iirc, but not really low enough for a 1w. Other combos were either grandfathered in or are leaning more towards the modern thing (dsl, jvm)

Silver Jub with greenback 4x12:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzO3YOnLas[/ame]

w/ V30s:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_2-jCKSNM[/ame]

Greenbacks win hugely, imho, but the new mini jub cab looks really small.. I think I'd have to get the head and slap a greenback in a bigger cab to pair it with.

Codeman

Reaction score
I just finished getting my dsl to where I like it, I wonder how the 20w jube combo will compare. It will be interesting that's for sure.

Latest posts