My next project...LP Tribute - take two

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I'm still looking at those, I've been checking out vids and pics trying to get used to the look of it. It just looks so bulky on a guitar. I absolutely love the concept and I want to like it, but so far it's not growing on me.

Yeah if they could make it without that little bit that sticks past the original tailpiece it would be gold. It really doesn't take up any more real estate than the tuneomatic and tailpiece besides that bit.

If I could swing it, I'd get the gold one for the LP in my avatar.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah if they could make it without that little bit that sticks past the original tailpiece it would be gold. It really doesn't take up any more real estate than the tuneomatic and tailpiece besides that bit.

If I could swing it, I'd get the gold one for the LP in my avatar.

Exactly! If I could pull off the look I have pictured in my head the antique bronze might just work. If they didn't cost so much I'd try one anyway even though I'm not convinced, but they aren't exactly cheap, it would cost more than the guitar's probably worth.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
If I do it like I'm talking about now it might be cool to do just a bridge pickup with a volume and tone and just leave the neck pickup slot empty instead of filling it, Malcomb Young style, and maybe plug any unused holes with bullet casings like I did before on this guitar.

yhW41VK.jpg

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I edited my OP to hopefully direct everyone to post #18 before they post. I know it's my own fault for not knowing how to give a better idea of what I'm thinking about in my OP, there are some great ideas posted and I appreciate them all, but I've figured out how to describe more what I'm looking for now and it's in post #18. :D

:cheers:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
I edited my OP to hopefully direct everyone to post #18 before they post. I know it's my own fault for not knowing how to give a better idea of what I'm thinking about in my OP, there are some great ideas posted and I appreciate them all, but I've figured out how to describe more what I'm looking for now and it's in post #18. :D

:cheers:

You want to be Zakk Wylde? :scratch:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
SS frets and never worry about that part again.

I've never had SS frets. I've also never had to replace frets due to wear. Maybe I've never kept a guitar long enough for that to happen, but this Tribute is 11 years old and was my #1 for about 8 of those years and there is zero fret wear except for one little spot on the 2nd fret G string that I can't even feel, but I can see it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I've never had SS frets. I've also never had to replace frets due to wear. Maybe I've never kept a guitar long enough for that to happen, but this Tribute is 11 years old and was my #1 for about 8 of those years and there is zero fret wear except for one little spot on the 2nd fret G string that I can't even feel, but I can see it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
I got a Suhr with SS frets 4 years ago and now I'm spoiled. I want SS on all my guitars. Slick for bending, never tarnish, the crown remains good for intonation, and will outlast me.

Maybe you have a light touch. But if the time ever comes, it doesn't cost much more for SS. Cry once buy once.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Suhr with SS frets 4 years ago and now I'm spoiled. I want SS on all my guitars. Slick for bending, never tarnish, the crown remains good for intonation, and will outlast me.

Maybe you have a light touch. But if the time ever comes, it doesn't cost much more for SS. Cry once buy once.
I've always been under the impression that SS fret will add brightness. Is that not the case?

Phoenix1

Reaction score
No matter what you decide the blotchy finist stain will never go away unless you use a pre stain like Minwax red can. Paint it or spray it either one its like water but the blotchyness is gone then let it sit for 15 minutes and stain !IMG_2342.jpeg

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
If I do it like I'm talking about now it might be cool to do just a bridge pickup with a volume and tone and just leave the neck pickup slot empty instead of filling it, Malcomb Young style, and maybe plug any unused holes with bullet casings like I did before on this guitar.

yhW41VK.jpg
Or just remove the magnet from the neck pickup. That way your don't have an unsightly hole or need to worry about filling it.

I like the bullet casing idea. That's creative and it looks cool.