• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Nad: 6505+

• Thread starter rdamaral
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rdamaral

Reaction score
Peavey - 6505 Plus 120W Amplifier Head - 00575680

This deal is killer, and I debated it for a bit. Then I e-mailed my buddy who is the manager at my local GC to ask if he could match the price. Not only did he match it, he beat it.

He sold me one for $826 NIB. My wife is picking it up as we speak. I can't wait to get home today, this is gonna be a loooong day, lol

jvm210guy

Reaction score
I've had the 6505+ as my main amp for about 2 years. I no longer have it, but it's a good amp with one amazingly good strong point. It's the one of the best amps for metal EVER. You'll like it

bvoris

Reaction score
Best buy will sell anything!

That is a good deal I was thinking about getting one at some point.

rdamaral

Reaction score
GC on westhiemer in Houston has two more. If anyone wants one, let me know, I should be able to hook you up.

rdamaral

Reaction score
Ya'll think I should use the Mode Four cab with this head to handle the power? It's either that or a regular JCM cab...

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
Peavey - 6505 Plus 120W Amplifier Head - 00575680

This deal is killer, and I debated it for a bit. Then I e-mailed my buddy who is the manager at my local GC to ask if he could match the price. Not only did he match it, he beat it.

He sold me one for $826 NIB. My wife is picking it up as we speak. I can't wait to get home today, this is gonna be a loooong day, lol

Hold on a sec...
The price at Best Buy is more than 50% cheaper than its regular retail value.
And you say that your friend at the local GC beat that price even more?

How much money are they making on these amps anyway??

Even if Best Buy is clearing their stock, that shouldn't mean that other sellers can or want to do a sale below their profit margin.

I don't get..?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Hold on a sec...

Even if Best Buy is clearing their stock, that shouldn't mean that other sellers can or want to do a sale below their profit margin.

I don't get..?

It's not more then 50%, 6505+'s sell for $1,100 in the United States.

rdamaral

Reaction score
Hold on a sec...

I don't get..?
I don't know what to tell you, but he said he could meet the price. It took a little rubbing, but I got him to bea tthe deal after tax, etc.

But I too thought there was a crazy mark-up on these.

Reckless_Life

Reaction score
It's not more then 50%, 6505+'s sell for $1,100 in the United States.

makes sense, over here it's a $1700 amp.
Even so, if they can sell it for about $800-$900 at GC, it made me wonder how much an amp really cost to manufacture.

It is indeed a great deal :)

SWM510

Reaction score
I have the 1x12 version of this amp and I think it's the best money I've spent on an amp in a long time. :D

I like it so much I'd go as far to say that I'd put it up against my Marshall's and Mesa Boogies's any day.................and it's completely stock, I rolled tubes but always found the original tubes sounded the best, especially after they were burned in.
Maybe I got a "good" one or I just have it dialed in, either way I don't think a person could go wrong with this amp especially if you can get a good deal on one.

And everyone is always saying that these are great "metal amps" and I agree but in the crunch mode on the clean channel there are a lot of great tones in there as well.

Hopefully you'll like your amp as much as I like mine........:thumb:

rdamaral

Reaction score
I need time to bond with it, but I can tell that there is a lot of stuff going on with this amp, and it's only a two channel. With the crunch, it's essentially a 3 channel, and I'm only used to the JCM 800 one trick pony.

The thing that hurts this amp is, it is LOUD. I can get the post to about 2 with pre all the way up, and it gets loud fast.

I have a little hum in lead, but not too much for me. If I was recording or using a mic, it would need to be addressed, but for a bedroom hacker like me, it's ok.

This head is definitely interesting. It has a lot of potential. I need more time with it, but I can see it getting better and better with some time.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
get a bias pot installed and it'll do everything pretty well. the plus has a decent clean channel once it's bias modified. actualy i think the new models have a pot but still i' not sure of the range. yeah i kinda miss mine but it was that, DSL or Framus (obvious win on the framus).
have fun dude. LOUD amp. i have some great metal settings if you ever want em:)

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I need time to bond with it, but I can tell that there is a lot of stuff going on with this amp, and it's only a two channel. With the crunch, it's essentially a 3 channel, and I'm only used to the JCM 800 one trick pony.

The thing that hurts this amp is, it is LOUD. I can get the post to about 2 with pre all the way up, and it gets loud fast.

I have a little hum in lead, but not too much for me. If I was recording or using a mic, it would need to be addressed, but for a bedroom hacker like me, it's ok.

This head is definitely interesting. It has a lot of potential. I need more time with it, but I can see it getting better and better with some time.
well it's new so it needs time for the caps to form and tubes to burn in. I'd give it at least 3 months honestly (my general time for new unused amps like my tubemeister...thing frekin BEASTS out now but it was stiff and boxy until 3 months in).

jvm210guy

Reaction score

DO NOT use a lot of preamp gain with this amp, completely unnecessary. I could get face melting lead tones with the gain at 9 o clock...

Latest posts