• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD: Friedman JJ Junior (holy moly!)

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Don't sweat it. Takes a lot of time and effort to put this stuff together--thanks for taking that time and sharing. Personally I do like to hear an amp in a band mix, but that's where I most like to use them. My fear on the JJ amps is that they were voiced too dark to be able to cut in a live setting--I don't hear that in your clips which is encouraging.

Maybe before piling on criticism of others' contributions, folks should self evaluate what they contribute themselves.

The JJ can definitely get pretty bright! I wouldn't worry about that.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I could carry on posting to myself all night

Can’t wait to get my be mini aswell , ordered one a couple of days ago just waiting for them to be shipped to the UK .

your gonna love it i bet. ive not seen a amp and a SS amp at that take the webz by storm.
i bet dave has a huge smile on his face. hope the guy makes a mint too.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
I’m contemplating which Friedman amp to get next , the jj jr sounds monster but in thinking maybe a DS of some form first

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I’m contemplating which Friedman amp to get next , the jj jr sounds monster but in thinking maybe a DS of some form first

anything friedman for me. oh i would love a BE-100 omg, i just
dont have anywhere to really open it up ya know. hell, even the 50 for that matter.
DS is a good choice too. the runt, the JJ jr, hell any of them.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
sorry my "contributions" arent to your likings.
if they arent up to par block me. :cheers:
there are MANY posts and threads on here that make the very
same comment/suggestion i just made about demo videos.
i did not insult the man nor his video. just offered very useful
suggestion for demo videos. :coffee:
Well you have the amp...and you seem to have a particular way you prefer others’ work to be put together...why don’t you make a video yourself?

I’m sure if you ever do this, you will change your tune about anonymous randos telling you how much better they like Pete Thorn’s work.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Well you have the amp...and you seem to have a particular way you prefer others’ work to be put together...why don’t you make a video yourself?

I’m sure if you ever do this, you will change your tune about anonymous randos telling you how much better they like Pete Thorn’s work.

i dont have the amp, nor did i say i liked pete's work over his,
but petes does demos the way most i think prefer to see them.
but again pete is only an example of many that do.
again my opening compliment in my post goes ignored.
even after ive explained myself and the obvious intent of
my reply goes unnoticed by the OP. if anybody takes it wrong
from this point its either because they want to, or, they cant
handle constructive suggestion, OR, they are just trying to start
a lil fire to see how warm they can get it in here.

tallcoolone

Reaction score
A good rule to remember when commenting on someone else’s work is, “no one cares what you don’t like”.

Guitarjon

Reaction score

Hey man, no hard feelings of course! In my reply I already addressed my thoughts on this I think. As I said, I just can't please everyone all the time. I get a lot of requests from people all the time. In the end I have to make videos in a way that works for me. I do appreciate some constructive criticism though and as I said earlier, I have plenty of videos where there are isolated guitar parts. Not in this one though. However, I'm going to do an epic amp shootout next week and soon after that I'll post that same video with just the isolated guitars. The JJ will be included along with 40 other amps... Lol. I have too many amps.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Hey man, no hard feelings of course! In my reply I already addressed my thoughts on this I think. As I said, I just can't please everyone all the time. I get a lot of requests from people all the time. In the end I have to make videos in a way that works for me. I do appreciate some constructive criticism though and as I said earlier, I have plenty of videos where there are isolated guitar parts. Not in this one though. However, I'm going to do an epic amp shootout next week and soon after that I'll post that same video with just the isolated guitars. The JJ will be included along with 40 other amps... Lol. I have too many amps.
Man that’s got to be so time consuming .

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Man that’s got to be so time consuming .

Yeah it's kind of crazy haha. This one wasn't too bad. I released one a few months ago that was really insane, way too insane on hindsight. It was basically a 6.5 hour long amp demo. I made one song that went through a bunch of styles with various guitars and I reamped that through 33 amps or so both in a full mix and isolated. That took a long time to complete, it was just too much. Lol.

This next one wasn't too bad. I wrote one riff (heavy rock) of about a minute long, so basically multiple riffs with some lead stuff as well. I wanted to make a riff that would allow me to test the amp with different textures, so palm muted stuff, open chords etc. And I also wanted a riff that wouldn't get boring too fast because I reamped that riff through 41 amps. It's 51 minutes long and it will have timecodes. Just a fun little shootout to see how well the amps perform with that same riff. Can't wait to release it into the wild. :)

I need to get a "mini-BE" to put it next to my "Little BE-100" just for fun.....
VWb9En0h.jpg
jKg6VLQh.jpg

The mini be looks sooo nice. I want one!

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Yeah it's kind of crazy haha. This one wasn't too bad. I released one a few months ago that was really insane, way too insane on hindsight. It was basically a 6.5 hour long amp demo. I made one song that went through a bunch of styles with various guitars and I reamped that through 33 amps or so both in a full mix and isolated. That took a long time to complete, it was just too much. Lol.

This next one wasn't too bad. I wrote one riff (heavy rock) of about a minute long, so basically multiple riffs with some lead stuff as well. I wanted to make a riff that would allow me to test the amp with different textures, so palm muted stuff, open chords etc. And I also wanted a riff that wouldn't get boring too fast because I reamped that riff through 41 amps. It's 51 minutes long and it will have timecodes. Just a fun little shootout to see how well the amps perform with that same riff. Can't wait to release it into the wild. :)

The mini be looks sooo nice. I want one!
I saw much of the 33 amps thing you did which was great. I liked the Laney ironheart ( 60 I think it was ) best if I remember correctly .

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Congrats on the Friedman! I enjoy your videos but agree with @ricksdisconnected, I was anticipating a isolated amp performance even if it were brief. I personally enjoy both an isolated demonstration and a band/backing mix but find many videos usually do one or the other.

I want a Friedman so bad haha ever since I got my Dirty Shirley pedal I've been lusting for a Friedman amp. I'm pretty sure I'd choose the Dirty Shirley, it ticks all the boxes for my wants and I just love every demo I've listened to.... But tbh I'd take any Friedman, they all sound incredible to me and I would love to own any of them. I saw a JJ jr at my local GC but that was before I got the pedal, the pedal really fueled my interest and woke me up to how awesome Friedmans are.