• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

NAD: Friedman JJ Junior (holy moly!)

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Congrats on the Friedman! I enjoy your videos but agree with @ricksdisconnected, I was anticipating a isolated amp performance even if it were brief. I personally enjoy both an isolated demonstration and a band/backing mix but find many videos usually do one or the other.

I want a Friedman so bad haha ever since I got my Dirty Shirley pedal I've been lusting for a Friedman amp. I'm pretty sure I'd choose the Dirty Shirley, it ticks all the boxes for my wants and I just love every demo I've listened to.... But tbh I'd take any Friedman, they all sound incredible to me and I would love to own any of them. I saw a JJ jr at my local GC but that was before I got the pedal, the pedal really fueled my interest and woke me up to how awesome Friedmans are.

its said that the JJ.jr can do the DS very well and then some.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
its said that the JJ.jr can do the DS very well and then some.
Well fck, I better not look into them too much right now, I already got carried away with new gear and I'm tempted to hit up GC to take the JJ Jr for a test drive... But that always gets me in trouble... I better not.

What?

Reaction score
Don't sweat it. Takes a lot of time and effort to put this stuff together--thanks for taking that time and sharing. Personally I do like to hear an amp in a band mix, but that's where I most like to use them. My fear on the JJ amps is that they were voiced too dark to be able to cut in a live setting--I don't hear that in your clips which is encouraging.

Maybe before piling on criticism of others' contributions, folks should self evaluate what they contribute themselves.

When I see someone going to the trouble of doing a production, both music and video, as well as serial product reviews, I make the assumption that the person doing it is either aspiring to do product reviews (likely acting as a product influencer) or already is one. Given that, a very common comment of product reviews is to show what the thing being reviewed sounds like solo, with no pedals, no post processing, no backing tracks. And it's for good reason. Any piece of gear can be made to sound radically different when used in a chain of other gear. And most people want to hear what the piece of gear being reviewed sounds like, not the piece of gear manipulated to fit a specific overall production sound. And on the the latter, guitar players also want to hear a good representative range of what the piece of gear can do. Too many product reviews are squarely 'metal' or 'shred' or whatever, instead of showing the thing somewhat from corner to corner.

That said, I don't see any reason for anyone to get their panties bunched up here. A couple of people voiced some constructive opinions. Take it or leave it I guess.

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Dave Friedman is the man for sure , everything he puts out has to be killer , he wouldn’t consider doing it any other way .

This makes me think I really need to try my BE OD Deluxe more often... Such a killer pedal too! I wonder how it would sound in the loop of the JJ.... hmmmmmm!

Rooster-p

Reaction score
I bought the jj jr. and sent it back and got the pink taco and never regretted it. The jj jr. Cannot do the DS thing neither. I found it to be a one trick pony. Now the Pink Taco is an ass kicker as is the Dirty shirley mini. I personally like both better than the jj or the runt. That's just my opinion but I gave the jj jr. a chance but it just didn't do it for me and I love Alice in chains but my pt20 does that and way more. Friedman makes some badass amps and Dave's definitely on top of his business. Top notch customer service.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
I bought the jj jr. and sent it back and got the pink taco and never regretted it. The jj jr. Cannot do the DS thing neither. I found it to be a one trick pony. Now the Pink Taco is an ass kicker as is the Dirty shirley mini. I personally like both better than the jj or the runt. That's just my opinion but I gave the jj jr. a chance but it just didn't do it for me and I love Alice in chains but my pt20 does that and way more. Friedman makes some badass amps and Dave's definitely on top of his business. Top notch customer service.
As I’ve said before Dave Friedman will make the amp for you , you’ve just got to determine which one it is .

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratz! Sounds like you are stoked after playing it.:eddie:

I like his Phil X and Jake E Lee amps. Cause I'm in that lane mostly.

Anyways enjoy the chit out of it!:drool: