New amp 800, 900 sl-x, jvm ?

• Thread starter NateCordova
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NateCordova

Reaction score
why would you need that anyway?

But hey, you can always set a clean sound on channel 1 (you can't make it dirty), set a dirty clean on channel 2, and set a low gain distortion on chanel 3 (maybe gain boost off and low gain).

LesPaulopolis

Reaction score
Oh I wouldn't need it, it would just be majorly sweet.

So, what's the point of having so many patches available on the 6100 memory? That many FX combinations? Set it like you said and use midi OD settings? I suppose some people would use 25 preset delay times, if having the repeats sync to the song or something.

How much are used midi controllers anyway?

Also, sorry about highjacking the silver DSL thread. Did you buy it at Twin Town in MPLS? I saw one there and almost bought it but ended up with the 4100 (which was cheaper).

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
the Jmp 1 was put out late year in 1991 ( according to both of my Marshall books )
so there's no way he recorded that cd with a jmp1 , it would have been a 800 or another
amp of sort etc

midi flat out rocks , it can make life easy for us guitar players !!

If you have a multi f/x unit that has midi , you can set it up to do all most anything you want it to do . Example ...Boss GT8 set up in patch mode , it will change the channels on my 6100 at the same time it will change all of the f/x to the sound you want , with the touch of one button .

same can be done with the Jmp-1 . midi is yourfriend !! LOL !!

I gotta go with this sentiment about Marshall amps that are MIDI compatible! I got the JVM 410H and life is good with a MIDI footcontroller. I like the 410H's footcontroller, but I needed a bit more options. MIDI is indeed your friend! I can only imagine having a bad-ass amp like the 6100LM or 6100LM with a MIDI controller!

Marshall amps with MIDI capability = :headbanger:

NateCordova

Reaction score
Oh shit, the guy sold the 6100LM to someone else.

I am now PISSED OFF.

I have officially quit my quest for an amp until i get enough money. My parents promised to help me, now i'm screwed. Constantly saying: "oh you know Pedro (my name), money doens't fall from trees you know?" Hell, how on earth am i gonna get a EL34 Marshall 6100LM now?
Im not gonna buy another amp that i like less god, i won't for fucks sake. I will not, i repeat, will not, get a modern sounding amp.
And i need a oldschool sounding amp with 2 channels and the lead must do metal! the cleans shud be good too. Its the 6100LM !!!
Thats it, im really PISSED.

But...
I got a question... how can i change the 6L6's just on the lead channel for EL34? and can i have EL34 on lead and 6L6 on cleans? To save money.

lord_guitarula

Reaction score
I got a question... how can i change the 6L6's just on the lead channel for EL34? and can i have EL34 on lead and 6L6 on cleans? To save money.

Really sorry to hear that!
But not all hope is lost, just keep looking! I know you'll find anotherone! :cool:

And as much as I know you can only have one kind of tubes in a poweramp. So if you want 6l6s on one channel and el34 on another you might have to buy two amps.
Edit: Even if you could (which I doubt) put both in one amp, you'd still not be able to get one channel to the 6l6s only and the other to the el34s only.

NateCordova

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that!
But not all hope is lost, just keep looking! I know you'll find anotherone! :cool:

And as much as I know you can only have one kind of tubes in a poweramp. So if you want 6l6s on one channel and el34 on another you might have to buy two amps.
Edit: Even if you could (which I doubt) put both in one amp, you'd still not be able to get one channel to the 6l6s only and the other to the el34s only.
:\ fuckkkkkkk.

If you EQ properly can you make the 6l6 sound like el34? (i think probably not but just asking :\)

i'm less pissed now, but still pissed. I know if im going to buy a valvestate or something like that temporary i'll eventually sell it for the 6100, so thats a waste of money.

core

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you missed out on that 6100. I'm sure another will pop up on your quest to find one. I really think you'd be happy in the long run with either type 6L6 or EL34 so I wouldn't worry to much on that. If you've played both side by side and you like the EL34 then by all means hunt that one down but you won't miss out if you happen upon a 6L6 version IMHO.

I had a similar deal where I have a 6L6 JCM 900 but I really wanted an EL34 900 so I found one and bought it. You know what, I like them both equally! Now including the 6100LM I have three amps and don't know which I like more. All I know is I can't keep them all!

Jesstaa

Reaction score
Check out my thread "amp clips". 2 Of them are Megadeth songs (Well, partially) from Peace Sells (Devils Island and Bad Omen) The quality on the recordings isn't amazing, but it captures the feel of my tone, but I feel most of the time I get a slightly more SFSGSW kinda tone.

Btw I'm using the 4100 if you miss my sig

http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-amps/11409-amp-clips.html

Number 3 is Bad Omen.

Edit: I'm listening to the guitar master for Peace Sells, I think an SL-X may be the answer. But if you get the chance, definitely go for a JCM 800 and boost it.

Latest posts