New Marshall CODE digital amp series

• Thread starter Moony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Moony

Reaction score
Absolutely no reason to need a loop with the CORE. There is a wealth of effects that already are built in.

(ID) CORE is Blackstar.
Was this a Freudian slip? :D

joshuatree725

Reaction score
$250 is not bad for digital Marshall combo 50w 1x12 amp that does JTM, JMP, 800, Jub..etc. It's a price of a boutique pedal but does more.

I don't think this will replace my Marshall tube amps but perfect for recording, fun, practice amp. It's got USB, iPod input, headphone output so definitely for home use or small gig if you don't want to carry your pedal board.

US price at SW.
25w 1x10 = $199
50w 1x12 = $249

slugzz-sop

Reaction score
$250 is not bad for digital Marshall combo 50w 1x12 amp that does JTM, JMP, 800, Jub..etc. It's a price of a boutique pedal but does more.

I don't think this will replace my Marshall tube amps but perfect for recording, fun, practice amp.

US price at SW.
25w 1x10 = $199
50w 1x12 = $249

Coming home from work and seeing all of this has made my day! I was wanting to get a Blackstar id100 watt head, now this Marshall is revealed and affordable , I will have my first new in-box Marshall this year, and I just seen they did the Blackstar id in a 40 watt head for $179..... I can get that also this year and have plenty of stuff to play with to keep me happy. Seems like its gonna be a good year. I know there are die hard digital haters but I'm not one of them, I just enjoy playing.

T.J.

Reaction score
Could this possibly be the 1st disposable Marshall amp ?

Dmann

Reaction score
It might endup being 2 grand where you're living. so don't be disappointed.

I'm so tired of people saying the new amp is crap!

I've read every post and not a single person said it was crap in any way shape or form.

The few of us that are into modeling and actually would LOVE to use CODE also have world class pro gear and would love to intigrate this new Marshall but cannot because they are not allowing us by leaving out a few very low cost appointments (midi in and fx loop) We are dissapointed because we LIKE it, but not a single one of us said it was crap or even said it sounded bad.

If you think for a second that the effects in this marshall are even remotely as good, configuarable, or real time modifyable as Eventide, Axe FX II , Lexicon, TC Electronic, you are sadly mistaken.

That said.... I can see me buying one for home/studio recording dry or re-amping, or to replace my practice amp.

The Ozzk

Reaction score
I've read every post and not a single person said it was crap in any way shape or form.

The few of us that are into modeling and actually would LOVE to use CODE also have world class pro gear and would love to intigrate this new Marshall but cannot because they are not allowing us by leaving out a few very low cost appointments (midi in and fx loop) We are dissapointed because we LIKE it, but not a single one of us said it was crap or even said it sounded bad.

If you think for a second that the effects in this marshall are even remotely as good, configuarable, or real time modifyable as Eventide, Axe FX II , Lexicon, TC Electronic, you are sadly mistaken.

That said.... I can see me buying one for home/studio recording dry or re-amping, or to replace my practice amp.

:agreed:

thunderkyss

Reaction score
Would have been nice if they made it able to run off rechargeable batteries. Like a couple of laptop batteries. Then you could truly take it anywhere.

T.J.

Reaction score
No I'm serious .... out of warranty it could possibly cost more to have repaired than to buy another.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Target Audience

hqdefault.jpg

nikola

Reaction score
Really looking forward to hear this amp in the same room and not through some demos.

Also, I think the point that a previous poster made about the amp retaining qualities like single coil feeling like a single coil etc. will be crucial for me.

Frodebro

Reaction score
No I'm serious .... out of warranty it could possibly cost more to have repaired than to buy another.

My Digitech GSP 21 Legend has been out of warranty for decades, and it still works just fine. It saw hundreds of bar gigs back in the day, too.

T.J.

Reaction score
My Marshall 1972 50w still works as well. I guess we'll see if the new Code series stands the test of time.

Latest posts