New Marshall CODE digital amp series

• Thread starter Moony
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chrisjtm1

Reaction score
Thanks guys setting the presence and res to zero seems to have worked. I dialled in the gain and eq and added from there and that worked much better than working backwards.

Used my own OD/DS pedals and that made life easier. Seems to take pedals ok, but you have to be careful not to clip. My usual trick of boosting with my Timmy didn't work particularly well so I found it easier to use my HD500 so I could control the level.

For a while I was enjoying the amp so there is some hope. If I can setup a few presets I like I'll be happy, big test is how it works with a drummer. Little scared to take this to rehearsals if I'm fighting for tone. Anyone managed okay and any tips?

andy k

Reaction score
just registered so i can post,
I'm really starting to enjoy the code25, and despite its small speaker-which will never sound like a 4x12, --it has a lot of potential-for practice and recording.
I'm loving the fact that for the price of a boutique distortion/od pedal-we get the history of Marshall.
believe me-if i could use the 100w head in my rig , i would, but i play at home, and i have yet to try hooking up the code25 to a 4x12, dont really have to because it is pretty good anyway--1x10.
I have looked at most of the youtube vids, and they cant really show the actual sound-cos its youtube--
but the 25 is loud, i mean LOUD, and thats all good, its Marshall after all.
if i could turn back time-i might have got the 50, for the bigger screen , and the 12 inch speaker, but seriously--for the price, i think they nailed it.
Most of the time, the blutooth thing is working ok--some bugs which i hope they fix, but the more you play with it, the more you will see how good they made it work.
i used to be a line6 guy, but i went back to valve--loved the class5 so much i got 4 of them-some modded, but i needed a lot of outboard stuff to get the distortion and delay/reverb stuff i wanted--its all there in spades with the code,
I have been looking hard for a printed list of the presets-so i can decide which to overwrite, and a list of the actual models of pre/power and speaker cab models-just so i can start to get things organised.
but its all good-and can only get better-well done Marshall, really.
cheers guys
andy k

Iagtrplyr16

Reaction score
just registered so i can post,
I'm really starting to enjoy the code25, and despite its small speaker-which will never sound like a 4x12, --it has a lot of potential-for practice and recording.
I'm loving the fact that for the price of a boutique distortion/od pedal-we get the history of Marshall.
believe me-if i could use the 100w head in my rig , i would, but i play at home, and i have yet to try hooking up the code25 to a 4x12, dont really have to because it is pretty good anyway--1x10.
I have looked at most of the youtube vids, and they cant really show the actual sound-cos its youtube--
but the 25 is loud, i mean LOUD, and thats all good, its Marshall after all.
if i could turn back time-i might have got the 50, for the bigger screen , and the 12 inch speaker, but seriously--for the price, i think they nailed it.
Most of the time, the blutooth thing is working ok--some bugs which i hope they fix, but the more you play with it, the more you will see how good they made it work.
i used to be a line6 guy, but i went back to valve--loved the class5 so much i got 4 of them-some modded, but i needed a lot of outboard stuff to get the distortion and delay/reverb stuff i wanted--its all there in spades with the code,
I have been looking hard for a printed list of the presets-so i can decide which to overwrite, and a list of the actual models of pre/power and speaker cab models-just so i can start to get things organised.
but its all good-and can only get better-well done Marshall, really.
cheers guys
andy k

"I'm loving the fact that for the price of a boutique distortion/od pedal-we get the history ofMarshall."

Well said. I ended up spending a couple of late nights typing out all 100 presets. I put down the amp/preamp/speaker/effects, but not the baseline settings. I figured I'd update the list as I alter the settings to my tastes. That and to name it so I'll know which ones have been changed. A hobbyist's dream, huh?

Kiko

Reaction score
Does the code act/sound like a normal amp (tube amp) when you plug an overdrive pedal in front of it?

Last edited:

sinlimo

Reaction score
thanks for the info.. i pre-ordered a few weeks ago as my SW rep was telling me they were starting to see them come in and had already shipped some out... and now, the wait continues. ;)

andy k

Reaction score
more time i spend, more i like my 25,
having some weird problems with the app though- anyone else experiencing?/
i've tried to find a comprehensive list of the presets-without any success, even considering doing my own spreadsheet of all the settings myself-mammoth task though.
so i figured--i would start making my own , on the app, i figured i wouldnt need patch 71-pedal, so i made my own-bluesbreaker guv, and i made my settings, and wrote it to 71-on the app.
next time i used it-after disconnecting and reconnecting blutooth, all the amp settings say-tap to sync, and all the app settings are there -up to 71, then about 50, 71 settings, all saying bluesbreaker guv, then 72-99 as normal.
none of the bluesbreaker guv settings work-
i had a similar problem-but i deleted the app and re-installed it --then it seemed ok, problem starts with saving a preset???
i notice the current version is 07---but on the app store it is 06, so thats what i'm stuck with.
I seriously hope marshall come up with a mac compatible program/app to help organise and backup these presets reliably---otherwise its a real PAIN if we have to keep re-setting and re-installing to get things to work properly and reliably, i certainly wouldnt be trusting this thing for live work until this kind of thing is sorted out.
at the end of the day--it sounds amazing, and is a tweakers dream.
cheers guys
andy k

C-4

Reaction score

Does the "SW" mean Sweetwater? I ordered a Code 50 last week though them, so I'm hoping they come in before the end of the month. I plan to take some serious time to set up some presets for live use, as we are playing in August, and I want to try it out and compare it to my JMD..

Antmax

Reaction score
more time i spend, more i like my 25,
having some weird problems with the app though- anyone else experiencing?/
i've tried to find a comprehensive list of the presets-without any success, even considering doing my own spreadsheet of all the settings myself-mammoth task though.
so i figured--i would start making my own , on the app, i figured i wouldnt need patch 71-pedal, so i made my own-bluesbreaker guv, and i made my settings, and wrote it to 71-on the app.
next time i used it-after disconnecting and reconnecting blutooth, all the amp settings say-tap to sync, and all the app settings are there -up to 71, then about 50, 71 settings, all saying bluesbreaker guv, then 72-99 as normal.
none of the bluesbreaker guv settings work-
i had a similar problem-but i deleted the app and re-installed it --then it seemed ok, problem starts with saving a preset???
i notice the current version is 07---but on the app store it is 06, so thats what i'm stuck with.
I seriously hope marshall come up with a mac compatible program/app to help organise and backup these presets reliably---otherwise its a real PAIN if we have to keep re-setting and re-installing to get things to work properly and reliably, i certainly wouldnt be trusting this thing for live work until this kind of thing is sorted out.
at the end of the day--it sounds amazing, and is a tweakers dream.
cheers guys
andy k

This is the bug where all your presets on your phone get corrupted after a point and I basically clear data, uninstall and reinstall the app. It's happened about 3 times in the last month I've had my code 50. I create my presets on the app but overwrite presets on the amp instead of on the phone for the time being. Those don't get corrupted.

Hoping there is an update to the app soon with the bug fix. It's been weeks so I suspect they are working on the preset storage and sharing which is related and probably changes how the preset data in the app is managed internally and why we haven't had a quick and dirty fix yet.

jmp45

Reaction score
This is the bug where all your presets on your phone get corrupted after a point and I basically clear data, uninstall and reinstall the app. It's happened about 3 times in the last month I've had my code 50. I create my presets on the app but overwrite presets on the amp instead of on the phone for the time being. Those don't get corrupted.

Hoping there is an update to the app soon with the bug fix. It's been weeks so I suspect they are working on the preset storage and sharing which is related and probably changes how the preset data in the app is managed internally and why we haven't had a quick and dirty fix yet.

Are these app issues more with android than ios?