Orange Circle Of Tone

• Thread starter solarburn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
The OR15 vid was beyond awesome. Ive owned two OR15 and need another, the OR15 has a more aggressive gain to me than my Rockerverbs.
Glad someone revived this thread, my RV MKIII amazes me everyday, it is my main amp, total chunkriffcity

acidvoodoo

Reaction score
The OR15 vid was beyond awesome. Ive owned two OR15 and need another, the OR15 has a more aggressive gain to me than my Rockerverbs.
Glad someone revived this thread, my RV MKIII amazes me everyday, it is my main amp, total chunkriffcity
Thanks man! The OR15 really is a nice little amp, add a few pedals and it smokes.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
Yes, Oranges in my experience are terrific platforms for good OD pedals and EQ in the loop, brings them to life in ways where they trounce any amp I have ever owned

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I just finished building a home made PPC212 cab check it out, it sounds huge, its got a pair of GSH-1230 Wharfedales which are Celestion G12H30 clones. I'm really pleased how this cab came out, it looks and sounds really good.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Wow, nice job looks like it came right from Orange. Tolex looks great also. You are obvioiusly are a skilled wood worker, was Tolexing the cab the hardest part or what?

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Wow, nice job looks like it came right from Orange. Tolex looks great also. You are obvioiusly are a skilled wood worker, was Tolexing the cab the hardest part or what?
Fooled ya, its painted! I've always painted my cabs I build, I'd like to try doing tolex I even thought about doing this one depending on how it sounded, and it sounds really good, I might eventually tolex it.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circle of Tone bump.

Here's a quick clip of my modded OR15. Switch to the left OR15 voicing, switch to the right Jim Root #4 voicing ala rockerverb tone stack.

I liked both voicings. Great having two in one. I'm jelly!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Has anybody had a chance to try an OR50? I've been curious about them a long time but none to try anywhere ever.

liontato

Reaction score
Definitely the OR15 for me listening to demos. I’ve played both but at different times. From my memory the OR15 by a mile. Orange amps are killer.

mbell75

Reaction score
Found this Rocker 30 at a local pawn shop and talked them down from the already great price of $650 to $600 cash out the door! Yet another great amp Orange discontinued a bit prematurely IMO. This is one of the later models with the EHX made 6CA7s. Cant believe how good they sound as Ive only played EL34s, much prefer the 6CA7s! A bit more bass, smoother distortion, tighter bottom end...amp sounds killer. As much as I love my OR15 and have no problems with amps made in Asian countries, its really evident how much better quality these made in the UK models are. Im sure now that I have one, Orange will reissue them at NAMM in a few weeks!

0MSe5dY.jpg

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found this Rocker 30 at a local pawn shop and talked them down from the already great price of $650 to $600 cash out the door! Yet another great amp Orange discontinued a bit prematurely IMO. This is one of the later models with the EHX made 6CA7s. Cant believe how good they sound as Ive only played EL34s, much prefer the 6CA7s! A bit more bass, smoother distortion, tighter bottom end...amp sounds killer. As much as I love my OR15 and have no problems with amps made in Asian countries, its really evident how much better quality these made in the UK models are. Im sure now that I have one, Orange will reissue them at NAMM in a few weeks!

0MSe5dY.jpg

Congrats! Great amp!

liontato

Reaction score

0MSe5dY.jpg
Awesome! Great deal on that for sure!

Latest posts