Origin sounds like a plexi????

• Thread starter tkelley
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting soo many players comment on not liking this amp due to lack of gain when this amp was clearly designed to be a low gain amp but yet some are disappointed when they cant get high gain out of it :scratch:
I believe they do as advertised, and I have called it the working mans plexi more than once.
I am still loving mine...
Cheers

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup yup. I dont get it especially the guy that said they dont even sound British lol. People hearing shit with their eyes IMO.
So true buddy so true.
I have gotten used to the nay sayers because my first Marshall was a 78-79 JMP 2104 and to me it was the absolute shit best amp I ever played through.
But I was told that it’s not a real Marshall, because it had a master volume, but as I try and recall it said preamp volume, volume.
Now my beloved Dsl40c’s and Origins are crap because they are from Vietnam ???

Cheers
Mitch

Kelia

Reaction score
I am with you on that my friend[/QUOTE
I have a Vietnamese DSL1 CR, and really loving it. Could not care less where it came from.......
An amp builder told me a long time ago that Vox AC30 amps that were built in Vietnam were very well built ,
a lot better than the ones built in China so I guess that the way they do things is good for Marshall amps also but may be wrong ?

Last edited:

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I have a Vietnamese DSL1 CR, and really loving it. Could not care less where it came from.......

Ditto! I have been loving my DSL1Cr lately, killer little amp.

I think the Origin has been hit with similar stigma as the Vintage Modern. I too notice quite a few mention of it's lack of gain or wooliness, almost as if they expected a 800 voiced amp? I've played the 20 and the 50 and think it lives up to its name... It's an affordable amp that returns to the roots of the Marshall Jtm45 and early JMP Superlead voicing.

marty62100

Reaction score
How can you say this.. you send it back way too fast. Owned 8 or 10 Marshall amps in my life. The origin 20 head is clearly Vintage sounding. With a Bluesbreaker pedal it's plexi heaven.
Had one, sent it back the next day. Sounded okay but not like any British made Marshall I've had or played.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
With a Bluesbreaker pedal it's plexi heaven.
Is it a UK Bluesbreker pedal or a Taiwan Bluesbreket? The UK one uses all the 9volts, just like real Plecksi does, the foreign one looses some millivolt somewhere in the trapistorstages, just exacly like when using a real Plecksi in heaven where Earl plays his Plecksi upside down.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it a UK Bluesbreker pedal or a Taiwan Bluesbreket? The UK one uses all the 9volts, just like real Plecksi does, the foreign one looses some millivolt somewhere in the trapistorstages, just exacly like when using a real Plecksi in heaven where Earl plays his Plecksi upside down.
:hmm:

iron broadsword

Reaction score
“Thinking about getting an Origin 50 as a pedal amp.”

“Just wondering how much it sounds like a plexi.”

man what are we doing here

Latest posts