• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Pedal board routing question

• Thread starter Maniac Mike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maniac Mike

Reaction score
Can somebody hav a look and see if this is possible.

Pedal board order

Guitar

Tuner

MXR Kompressor

Fulltone OCD (for les paul)

Boss SD-1 (for humbucker strat)

Boss NS-2 (noise supressor)

Boss Ch-5

Marshall SC20h

FX Send

Boss NS-2 (noise supressor) again

MXR Carbon copy

TC electronics Hall of fame Reverb

MXR EQ 10band

FX return

How in the h*ll can I activate just

-Boss Ch-5

-MXR Carbon copy

At the same time (for solo) without changing anything else in the chain ?

PelliX

Reaction score
Can somebody hav a look and see if this is possible.

Sure, it's possible. Presuming you have two noise suppressors, of course.

How in the h*ll can I activate just

-Boss Ch-5

-MXR Carbon copy

At the same time (for solo) without changing anything else in the chain ?

You can't in that setup. Either you need to hit both pedals on (with the rest off, presumably, except for maybe the NS-2's), or you need some kind of a 'loop' on the pedal board itself. Lots of options for this.

Something like a Mooer Pedal Controller or similar would do the job. Easy enough to make a simple DIY box that switches number of pedal in- and out of the chain, too.

Maniac Mike

Reaction score
Sure, it's possible. Presuming you have two noise suppressors, of course.

You can't in that setup. Either you need to hit both pedals on (with the rest off, presumably, except for maybe the NS-2's), or you need some kind of a 'loop' on the pedal board itself. Lots of options for this.

Something like a Mooer Pedal Controller or similar would do the job. Easy enough to make a simple DIY box that switches number of pedal in- and out of the chain, too.
Thanx for input.

I looked at loopers but with my setup it seems a bit tricky, mainly how to connect the FX loop, se below.

Is it usually possible to do as below with a looper pedal.

Lets say I have 5 pedals and a looper with 8 spots, can I assign one of the spots for ONLY fx-loop send&return?
And one spot for just 2 pedals that switch on at the same time, one of them goes to the FX loop spot, the other one goes in front of the amp which I guess is the same as "throught" the looper.

I know...i´m screwing things up but I really like the setup and didn´t change the pedal board for almost half a year :dude:

Any insight is helpful...even if it is "give it up dude" :rolleyes:

PelliX

Reaction score
I looked at loopers but with my setup it seems a bit tricky, mainly how to connect the FX loop, se below.

Not nitpicking, but a 'looper' is typically a device/pedal which records X seconds/minutes of audio and plays it back on demand (in a loop). Just trying to avoid confusion. :)

Lets say I have 5 pedals and a looper with 8 spots, can I assign one of the spots for ONLY fx-loop send&return?
And one spot for just 2 pedals that switch on at the same time, one of them goes to the FX loop spot, the other one goes in front of the amp which I guess is the same as "throught" the looper.

Yup, that's pretty common. Many of those switcher-thingies can be configured in all kinds of ways, so assigning single buttons to complex switching modes, etc. Might also make sense to have as you can't (really) enable or disable the loop on the amp mid-flight (without reaching around the back).

Any insight is helpful...even if it is "give it up dude" :rolleyes:

Never surrender! :p

J_W

Reaction score
Pedal board order

Guitar

Tuner

MXR Kompressor

Fulltone OCD (for les paul)

Boss SD-1 (for humbucker strat)

Boss NS-2 (noise supressor)

Boss Ch-5

Marshall SC20h
Not really addressing your original question, but just an observation... have you tried placing your OCD before the MXR? If so, how did that sound?