Play-a-plexi...

• Thread starter wakjob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

danfrank

Reaction score
Earlier 'true plexis', and I mean 68 or 69 Superleads, are much smoother than the later SLPs

I think the lower valued feedback resistors (more NFB) make the amp sound better. I like the 27K @ 16 ohm tap; the 47K at 8 ohm tap is pretty good too.

johncart

Reaction score
HA! I thought the same as I watched their expressions! I thought, surely you guys have heard cranked amps before? :lol:
I dont think so much that they are surprised its loud...im sure they know that..its the reaction you get from cranking thats showing...like the excitement from driving a race car..you know its fast..but it feels so good

el_bastardo

Reaction score
What kind of madman puts the presence and treble on 10 on one of those things? That would be worse than having daggers stabbed into your ears.
Have you ever tried it? If you dime everything it all balances out. Even on 10. I think it sounds pretty awesome.

boola1

Reaction score
Have you ever tried it? If you dime everything it all balances out. Even on 10. I think it sounds pretty awesome.

Just tried it on my 1987. Ear raping treble for me using my Les Paul. Couldn't handle it for more than a few seconds.

The presence is the main culprit. I often turn the treble up.

Coronado

Reaction score
I dont think so much that they are surprised its loud...im sure they know that..its the reaction you get from cranking thats showing...like the excitement from driving a race car..you know its fast..but it feels so good

HA! Well put! I like your analogy! :yesway:

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Dawg..I believe Marshall claims that it sounds exactly like the original issue.
BP
It does not. The 1959SLP sounds great, but it's not exactly like the original 60s Plexis. It's more like the 70s metalface Super Leads....which aint a bad thing.

el_bastardo

Reaction score