Show me your Telecasters

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tincup

Reaction score
Sounds Like a Plan , I think the creambacks will work well with the 35s , I would probably put them both on the bottom side by side and the 35s on top , but what ever you decide it should sound good .
Good Luck :thumb:
I was going to go X pattern, is there a reason to put the CB on the bottom?

Sollophonic

Reaction score
Stripped, modded Baja. Originally Desert Sand, now natural finish and with SD Hot Tele pickups

Wine red MIM Std Tele, modded with a three saddle bridge and another set of Hot Tele pickups. Spares for each other

Partscaster using a Squier Classic Vibe Custom body and an MIM Std neck and a set of Bill Lawrence Microcoil pickups

Finally, a Squier Standard Telecaster loaded up with Bare Knuckel Boot Camp pickups. Although I got them at a good price, the retail price of the pickups is probably worth more than the price I paid for the guitar used,

Riffraff

Reaction score
MIM FSR with a Kent Armstrong Chaos humbucker in the bridge slot.
It's a straight up rock machine! :jam:

AbF1mRw.jpg

Squire Classic Vibe with Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and a Warmoth replacement pickguard. The controls & control plate are non-original too. I don't know what their origin is because I got them with the p/u 's but the beefier switch and full size pots seemed like a big upgrade from the cheap controls that came in the Squire so I stuck them in it. This one brings the twang. :dude:

Kv3Asfp.jpg

Here's a type of pic that pisses some people off. Some dudes get upset when you put your guitar on the ground. Dirt....oh the horror! :scream::run::shrug::lol:

YTdApGK.jpg

Last edited:

Jimi-C

Reaction score
I was going to go X pattern, is there a reason to put the CB on the bottom?
your ears will be the ultimate decider but with those neo magnets in the creams , they may give a thicker bottom end than the regular 35s with a stronger reflection off the floor , but the x pattern should work well too , I went with Celestion red backs (8 ohm )on the right top and bottom and Eminence Tonkers (8 ohm ) on the left in my cab when I replaced those 35s , that sounded best to me with those speakers , if you have time try different configurations to see what sounds best .

TheSaz

Reaction score
2004 squire body, jackson js dinky neck, epiphone ACP pickup, bridge is from a cheap $99 guitar, saddles are from the jackson, I made the control cover in metal shop almost 18 years ago in high school. Sticker bombed with mostly 90s(theres TONS of more stickers under the stickers)
20221225_194946.jpg

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
@Vinsanitizer where's your Tele? Or are you thinking of getting one?
I vacillate.

I'd like the perfect Tele, but it's very difficult. First off, I've owned a number of Teles, and have always had issues with them: one was a ton of bricks, another was too thin and bright. I had three identical American Specials (a Fender series I wish was still around): one had neck dive, the second one developed a twist in the neck, and the third one sounded incredible - it had the "grease bucket" pots and I think a Texas Special in the bridge, but it was just a little too light in the ass when I wore it with a strap, and that just annoys the heck out of me. So I gave that away to someone who really loves it and plays it in front of hundreds of people each week. But I want a white one, or blonde '52, with a black pickguard, that sounds like all these guys who get that chimey clean/ bluesy, ballsy, balanced, break-up tone. And I want it to weigh just under 8lbs., and not be neck-heavy in the slightest.

I would also like a Gibson 335. But the regular production models are $3,500 which is just ridiculous for a prod-model. The max those would be worth to me is $2,500 brand new. Then there's the CS models - I've already been down that road with my Historic '58 and '59 Les Pauls, and although they are better guitars than regular prod-models, I am NOT dropping that kind of cash on ANY guitar again.

Then there's the Fender Jazzmaster. I'd really like to have one of those in my collection, but Fender is f'king everything up right now. It's almost as if Fender's been sold, and under new management. (They took all the great lower-end USA models, moved them to Mexico, and upped the price. I've had two of those Strats (Vinterra and Player Plus) and they were both horribly built and sounded like crap.) What they are mostly calling a "Jazzmaster" right now, doesn't resemble Jazzmasters at all: humbuckers and Strat bridges? WTF is that shet?! And then they have like ONE true Jazzmaster model, but it's like $2,500 and the colors come in 5 shades of asshole - WTF again! I want a cream-colored original Jazzmaster with a black or tortoise pickguard, the original style pickups and switches, and I want it for $1,500 MAX.

And no, I'm not building my own shet. I want the brand names, the American company name on the headstock, the specs, the history, the style and tone, the case candy, etc.

I've had as many guitars as the number of dollars in the US national debt [exaggeration to make a point, for you's Brady Bunch "Exact Words" episoders]. After 40+ years of trying to find perfect guitars, I'm exhausted to the point where I've practically given up. You lay down a fortune, you get them home and start going through your setup: new strings, set the truss rod, action, pickup heights... and oh looky here! - the strings don't align with the sides of the neck, so now you have to re-slot the bridge saddles, the nut is too high/low, the thing sounds like a turd at home where it sounded good in the store, or oops! the truss rod is maxed out either way, the tuners are crooked, that new $2K Fender slab guitar needs a carboard shim under the neck so you don't cut your palm on the bridge saddles, the trem goes out of tune as soon as you blow on it - on and on and on.

That's it, now I'm all pissed off.
I don't want to talk about this anymore.
I hate the world. :mad:

iu

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I vacillate.

I'd like the perfect Tele, but it's very difficult. First off, I've owned a number of Teles, and have always had issues with them: one was a ton of bricks, another was too thin and bright. I had three identical American Specials (a Fender series I wish was still around): one had neck dive, the second one developed a twist in the neck, and the third one sounded incredible - it had the "grease bucket" pots and I think a Texas Special in the bridge, but it was just a little too light in the ass when I wore it with a strap, and that just annoys the heck out of me. So I gave that away to someone who really loves it and plays it in front of hundreds of people each week. But I want a white one, or blonde '52, with a black pickguard, that sounds like all these guys who get that chimey clean/ bluesy, ballsy, balanced, break-up tone. And I want it to weigh just under 8lbs., and not be neck-heavy in the slightest.

I would also like a Gibson 335. But the regular production models are $3,500 which is just ridiculous for a prod-model. The max those would be worth to me is $2,500 brand new. Then there's the CS models - I've already been down that road with my Historic '58 and '59 Les Pauls, and although they are better guitars than regular prod-models, I am NOT dropping that kind of cash on ANY guitar again.

Then there's the Fender Jazzmaster. I'd really like to have one of those in my collection, but Fender is f'king everything up right now. It's almost as if Fender's been sold, and under new management. (They took all the great lower-end USA models, moved them to Mexico, and upped the price. I've had two of those Strats (Vinterra and Player Plus) and they were both horribly built and sounded like crap.) What they are mostly calling a "Jazzmaster" right now, doesn't resemble Jazzmasters at all: humbuckers and Strat bridges? WTF is that shet?! And then they have like ONE true Jazzmaster model, but it's like $2,500 and they come is in assy colors. WTF again? I want a cream-colored original Jazzmaster with a black or tortoise pickguard, the original style pickups and switches, and I want it for $1,500 MAX.

And no, I'm not building my own shet. I want the brand names, the American company name on the headstock, the specs, the history, the style and tone, the case candy, etc.

I've had as many guitars as the number of dollars in the US national debt [exaggeration to make a point, for you's Brady Bunch "Exact Words" episoders]. After 40+ years of trying to find perfect guitars, I'm exhausted to the point where I've practically given up. You lay down a fortune, you get them home and start going through your setup: new strings, set the truss rod, action, pickup heights... and oh looky here! - the strings don't align with the sides of the neck, so now you have to re-slot the bridge saddles, the nut is too high/low, the thing sounds like a turd at home where it sounded good in the store, or oops! the truss rod is maxed out either way, the tuners are crooked, that new $2K Fender slab guitar needs a carboard shim under the neck so you don't cut your palm on the bridge saddles, the trem goes out of tune as soon as you blow on it - on and on and on.

I hate the world.

iu
Hmmm....:hmm:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I vacillate.

Then there's the Fender Jazzmaster. I'd really like to have one of those in my collection, but Fender is f'king everything up right now. It's almost as if Fender's been sold, and under new management. (They took all the great lower-end USA models, moved them to Mexico, and upped the price. I've had two of those Strats (Vinterra and Player Plus) and they were both horribly built and sounded like crap.) What they are mostly calling a "Jazzmaster" right now, doesn't resemble Jazzmasters at all: humbuckers and Strat bridges? WTF is that shet?! And then they have like ONE true Jazzmaster model, but it's like $2,500 and they come is in assy colors. WTF again? I want a cream-colored original Jazzmaster with a black or tortoise pickguard, the original style pickups and switches, and I want it for $1,500 MAX.

I hate the world.

iu
I think you're over reacting. Lets talk this through a little further....

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
2004 squire body, jackson js dinky neck, epiphone ACP pickup, bridge is from a cheap $99 guitar, saddles are from the jackson, I made the control cover in metal shop almost 18 years ago in high school. Sticker bombed with mostly 90s(theres TONS of more stickers under the stickers)
20221225_194946-jpg.122076
View attachment 122076
LOL! You had to remove the handle on your DSL40. :D I know, because my SC20H doesn't fit atop any of my DSL's.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
@Vinsanitizer here's what you're gonna do. Do you have a good luthier in your area? Ok, so youre gonna get a '50's Classic Vibe Squier Tele in blonde with a black pickguard (cuz they make them and they're available). Its gonna cost $300 not $3000, very little investment, and you're gonna play it for a week and make a list of your gripes. Then your luthier is gonna address your gripes, thats gonna cost you $200 (new bridge, new nut, fret dress, maybe new pickups add another $100). All in you'll have an every day player exactly how you want it that looks and plays beautifully that didn't cost you a fortune! This is the answer. :yesway:

Last edited:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
@Vinsanitizer here's what you're gonna do. Do you have a good luthier in your area? Ok, so youre gonna get a '50's Classic Vibe Squier Tele in blonde with a black pickguard (cuz they make them and they're available). Its gonna cost $300 not $3000, very little investment, and you're gonna play it for a week and make a list of your gripes. Then your luthier is gonna address your gripes, thats gonna cost you $200 (new bridge, new nut, fret dress, maybe new pickups add another $100). All in you'll have an every day player exactly how you want it that looks and plays beautifully that didn't cost you a fortune! This is the answer. :yesway:
@Vinsanitizer I've been looking around, if you want it to say Fender on it there's the Fender Player Tele you can get for a few hundred more and do the same thing. :yesway:

Tincup

Reaction score
MIM FSR with a Kent Armstrong Chaos humbucker in the bridge slot.
It's a straight up rock machine! :jam:

AbF1mRw.jpg

Squire Classic Vibe with Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups and a Warmoth replacement pickguard. The controls & control plate are non-original too. I don't know what their origin is because I got them with the p/u 's but the beefier switch and full size pots seemed like a big upgrade from the cheap controls that came in the Squire so I stuck them in it. This one brings the twang. :dude:

Kv3Asfp.jpg

Here's a type of pic that pisses some people off. Some dudes get upset when you put your guitar on the ground. Dirt....oh the horror! :scream::run::shrug::lol:

YTdApGK.jpg
Flown in on a small plane, drug down class 3 water on a raft, played in the dirt and sand. Still perfect.
62EDA7ED-2E2A-4454-AB3B-3385B570F6DF.jpeg

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
This is what I want, just a run of the mill butterscotch Tele with a white pickguard, I drew this one on Fenders design website. Originally I was gonna get a Squier Classic Vibe but now I'm thinking of taking my own advice and get a Fender Player just for the resale value if in the event I ever want to sell it. :yesway:

18LijHa.jpg

Last edited: