Show us your oldest instrument.

• Thread starter Angry Possum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Martymig1

Reaction score
My Yamaha FG-4130. 41 years old.

CEfLQQQ.jpg
What strat is that on the right ?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Well, all I was wondering is which CRL switch Fener actually used. I'm on ebay alot and I'm OCD about all the parts of my guitars being original. I cannot deal with the new 5 way toggle switch Fender uses now. I'm used to the 3 way. That's all I've ever used because that's all I ever had in my Strats. So when I buy a newer one and it has a 5 way in it, I rip it out and put a 3 way in it BUT, it has to be the old style 3 way CRL switch. The one like that's in yours in the photo but, there's a few different makes of this switch that uses different strengths of springs. I keep buying them off ebay. I just want to know what the actual part number is on the old Fenders.

i get ya. i dont have any pics that actually have that detail in them.
try to call George like i suggested above. hes the cats ass when it comes to fender.

neikeel

Reaction score
Oldest instrument you say, hmm...oldest guitars I've got now are my 70s Japanese made Antorias (Hummingbird , LP Standard and Custom, the L5 and D-28 are 80s Korean). My Fenders and Gibsons are more modern, 90s and up.

This is our oldest instrument a 1929 Bechstein Model L baby grand, fully restored for us 15 years ago when our ancient upright refused to tune up any more:

jZPuvdp.jpg

Beautiful instrument with remarkably complex sweet tones, even when I mangle tunes on it.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
1958 Del Vecchio Dinamico Acoustic Guitar. It's a brazilian guitar, very well made , all wood with a resonator plate inside
upload_2021-7-14_11-15-20.png

It belonged to my grandpa, then to my mom, now it's under my care. It was in fact the instrument that I've learned my first chords. It's not a pic from mine, as I was in México I left it with my mom’s because I was afraid of being damaged while in transit.

Eric Johnson talking about a Dinamico

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
1958 Del Vecchi Dinamico Acoustic Guitar. It's a brazilian guitar, very well made of wood with a resonator plate inside
View attachment 91524

It belonged to my grandpa, then to my mom, now it's under my care. It was in fact the instrument that I've learned my first chords. It's not a pic from mine, as I was in México I left it with my mom because I was afraid of being damaged while in transit.

Eric Johnson talking about a Dinamico

very nice bro, but its not pointy. :D