Show your signature model geetars…

• Thread starter WillyW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcblink

Reaction score
haha I got sent home from school for wearing that shirt in like '86!:dude:
Yep, that one's old and retired, hence why it's on the wall these days. It's sleeveless too, holes started forming in the underarm area, so they came off entirely.

Valvelust

Reaction score
So many gems.
How do you choose?
Believe me it's difficult at times. I've sold a couple and added a couple from those.
Some are just not used due to being prestine or "as new" condition.
My Blue Floral is kind of my go to beater, with an upgraded neck pickup. Love that thing.....
Next, which is still in prestine condition I should leave alone is my most colorful UVMC which is a 7 string

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Believe me it's difficult at times. I've sold a couple and added a couple from those.
Some are just not used due to being prestine or "as new" condition.
My Blue Floral is kind of my go to beater, with an upgraded neck pickup. Love that thing.....
Next, which is still in prestine condition I should leave alone is my most colorful UVMC which is a 7 string
That blue pickup does stand out.

Honestly I never considered the JEM a signature because It is a specification for a guitar by a player but called a JEM. I believe the JEM was a modified RG platform. Of course there is a Vai signature guitar but I would not buy that.

I had an original Ibanez Radius which was the model first used by Satriani but I would not buy a Satriani model. The original Radius is a great guitar.

Valvelust

Reaction score
That blue pickup does stand out.

Honestly I never considered the JEM a signature because It is a specification for a guitar by a player but called a JEM. I believe the JEM was a modified RG platform. Of course there is a Vai signature guitar but I would not buy that.

I had an original Ibanez Radius which was the model first used by Satriani but I would not buy a Satriani model. The original Radius is a great guitar.
My bad, it's the black bridge pickup that was upgraded, the blue is the stock PAF Pro. Knobs, selector are also blue.

Vai's signature instruments include the Ibanez JEM guitar, which he designed in 1985 with first-of-its-kind features including the floating tremolo and the monkey grip.

Last edited:

WillyW

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in….

I actually only looked up the band after I ordered the geetar..

got it for maybe a couple bucks more than I could build a similar one…

Joe Duplantier charvel from Gojira…. I actually don’t particularly care for the band…

WillyW

Reaction score
Just when I thought I was out they drag me back in….

I actually only looked up the band after I ordered the geetar..

got it for maybe a couple bucks more than I could build a similar one…

Joe Duplantier charvel from Gojira…. I actually don’t particularly care for the band…

I looked up the specs on this one too, and found one sooper cheap..

Marshion

Reaction score
There’s some fantastic guitars in this thread. Here’s my two electrics for your consideration.

My EJ Strat is a 2021. It is the curiously named Lucerne Aqua Firemist color. It’s a real pretty blue. It has a rosewood fretboard and plays beautifully.

My Gretsch is the Brian Setzer 59 Smoke signature model. It is also a 2021. It is a breathtaking guitar. As gorgeous as it is, the guitar plays and sounds like no other.

4F1F1E94-591D-4D79-8A64-8A2F3CBF83EB.jpeg

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
No signature guitars here. But an old drummer of mine had an Avril Leviegn Humbucker Esquire with a checkered pickguard I though was pretty cool(looking and playing). Not a fan but Ida played it.
Another freind had a Gilmour Strat I thought it sounded really good....but I'll be D@mned if I pay that for a Strat.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
I watched a recent-ish video of Lynch at either the ESP Custom Shop in the U.S. or Japan. One of techs, who is Japanese, had that sig model on the bench. Lynch asked him what the Japanese writing on his own sig model means. I couldn't believe he had those characters on there all these years and he didn't know. hahhahaah!
Well it's Kanji so many Japanese people may not know it. I watched a video recently where a Japanese woman was reading a statement off cue cards or a telepromptor. Half way through, she stops and says "I don't know the Kanji, I can't read that Kanji. Who wrote it in Kanji?"

There are like 38,000 different Kanji. There are 1300 Kanji considered essential to be literate in Japan today. Most school children learn Hiragana first and then Katakana, and begin learing Kanji in middle school.

I am semi proficient (but not fluent) in Japanese but have never learned what the Kanji stencil used on most 80's Charvels with the rising sun graphics means. They all seem to use the same Kanji stencils but sometimes in different angles. Does anybody know what it means? It looks cool but it may be gibberish.

I did a parts Charvel that I refinished based on the Brad Whitford Charvel, which he bought at Vennemann's right before a gig at the capital center. It only has the hinomaru over white without the rays, but uses the standard Charvel Kanji stencils. The paint job I did is like that but I used the Kanji for ganbatte and Katakana for faito.

I guess because Brad's Charvel is unique I may have unwittingly created a BW signature guitar, but not really since I used different Kanji and kana.

Last edited: