Silver Jubilee Vs. Other Question

• Thread starter srmd22
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I noticed that the master volume has to be 6 or so for my 2555x to be really loud. I am probably the only person that really likes the triode mode.

kinleyd

Reaction score
@srmd22:http://www.marshallforum.com/index.php?members/srmd22.49458/

Really happy to read this post and how the Silver Jubilee Mini is working for you. I made my first significant investment on a 2525 head and 2536 2x12 cabinet - without any solid experience of amps and cabs - basing it just on the idea of the sound and music I like and quite a bit of Googling. So when veterans like yourself are happy with the purchase, it gives noobs like me some encouragement!

I have never played a gig yet, in fact I can barely play in the safety of my own bedroom yet, but I am banging away on my new gear! I do hope to be considered a musician one day, playing a range of my favourite groups like Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and Red Hot Chili Peppers. For now, I'm focusing on GN'R as my base camp - I've got that GN'R sound (and Hendrix) in my head and I'm working hard trying to get it out of my fingers!

\m/

I agree - I have jammed with it (2525c) 4 times now, in 2 weeks, and it has become one of my favorite sounding amps for a live (non-bedroom) situation. Both cleans and distortion. I am now a Marshall convert.

I have no problems with boxiness with the 2525c - I know it would be killer plugged into an extensin cab though. I have a few, but have had no urge to do it.

I am sure the ones with heavier metal sound even huger, but I just don't need to go there these days.

I thought this would be the case for me too - but it is actually working really well for me as a pseudo-channel switcher. I stay on the clean/crunch side for country, dire straights sort of stuff (it is easy to kick it into a crunchy sound with a boost pedal, or light OD, even on the clean setting), and I kick over to the lead channel for leads - at low volumes in my bedroom it is kinda buzzy and thin, but at even moderate volumes with the band it is a killer creamy, snarly yet smooth classic Marshall distortion. The whole band loves it, and it makes it really comfortable for me to relax and stretch it out playing wise, without worrying about tone. Plus, so far it has worked great with a couple of tele's, a G&L ASAT Special, a Squier JM JM, an SG and a strat with DiMarzio noiseless set. Have not yet tried it with my old strat, LP custom or standard, but you know it'll be great. I am very glad I took the risk and gave it a try.

Gourlay83

Reaction score
yes that's the way the master volume works. as far as i know works the same on the original 2555.

for me the head sounds best with master over 6.5.

Yep, mine is on 10 all of the time - When i first played that amp I was wondering what all the fuss was about ... then I turned up the Master Volume. It's one of those amps that you have to get it dialed in correctly.

The only trouble with my master being at 10, means that the Clean/Crunch channel is redundant (even with your loop trick) - tried it last night and I forgot that I keep the master at 10 :shock: - so back to the volume pot trick :)

I started using a DSL50 for the Crunch, great combo

View media item 8533

Sir Don

Reaction score
There's no question that Jubilees need to be turned up to something above 5-6 (master volume). They seem to come to life at that volume, including the 2525h. Bass response becomes significantly more pronounced.

kinleyd

Reaction score
There's no question that Jubilees need to be turned up to something above 5-6 (master volume). They seem to come to life at that volume, including the 2525h. Bass response becomes significantly more pronounced.

Yeah, that's what I discovered here. To my great relief I might add!
Really enjoying the clean tones now, and figuring out the rest of it: dirty/lead as well as setting up my pedals with it.

At the moment I only have the 1Spot Combo power adapter for my pedals and they are creating quite a bit of hum. Looks like I'll have to get a better power supply before I can work with my pedals.

Last edited:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I used one and got some hum, apparently it's better if you literally electrical tape over the empty, unused ends. Try it.

kinleyd

Reaction score
I used one and got some hum, apparently it's better if you literally electrical tape over the empty, unused ends. Try it.

Thanks Jethro Rocker, I will try that. I'll also try separating the wires from the 1Spot Combo from stretching over the patch and instrument cables to see how much of a difference it makes.