Slash's rig on Guitargeek.com

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keaulana

Reaction score
shame he's only using the jubilees for clean now, those were his best live dirty tones ever, live era guns and houston velvet revolver...drool

I agree!!!!!!!!!!! the use your illusion tour was a great jubilee sound!!!!

pavs

Reaction score
With a little bit of Powerpoint you can do this!
Here's mine...
\m/
p.s. Don't tell my boss ;o)

L4Dsetup.jpg

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
I could care less that / rig is mapped out. What I want to know is how can I get this same cartoon drawing of my own rig! I bet there's a few people here that would want to have their rigs drawn out like this, too (much cooler than making a dorky list in your signature!

Ask Nuke, he has the same illustration for his setup.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score

nightrain

Reaction score
here his old rig from the UYI tour

6 Jubilee heads! :headbanger::headbanger:

gunsnrosespage2ly7.jpg

gunsnrosespage1vb2.jpg

now THIS is slash tone ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPJM4czWkNw[/ame]

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
that Godfather theme showcases Slashs SLOW playing. he is very good at playing slow, which alot of people overlook. He makes those Gibsons cry.

He can play fast, go to 3:05 in this vid for a fast shreddy run, but its not his forte so to speak. Which is good too, there are enough shredders in this world.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImVPj12-4jI]Guns N Roses Tokyo Slash Solo (1992) - YouTube[/ame]

Stonemole

Reaction score
^ Yup 'tallica sure do , apart from wah peddles for hamster.

something i have seen on one of slash's LP's is it was fitted with a xlr cable and he seemed to be switching clean/OD via the pickup selector.....

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
^ Yup 'tallica sure do , apart from wah peddles for hamster.

something i have seen on one of slash's LP's is it was fitted with a xlr cable and he seemed to be switching clean/OD via the pickup selector.....

Got any pics or videos? I think he has some guitars equipped with a piezo pickup.

Stonemole

Reaction score
i think this is it.....its been a while since i seen it. so i may be wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNUaz64rYoM]Rock superstar Velvet revolver feat. Cypress Hill Slash great solo - YouTube[/ame]

thenoodler

Reaction score
I doubt it's XLR or anything fancy. He probably has the vol rolled back on the neck to keep it clean. Also it's possible his tech is off stage doing some switching which is mainly how Slash plays.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I doubt it's XLR or anything fancy. He probably has the vol rolled back on the neck to keep it clean. Also it's possible his tech is off stage doing some switching which is mainly how Slash plays.

This. Looks like a cable with a fancy jack.

Dizzyg12

Reaction score
This. Looks like a cable with a fancy jack.

It's a 1/4 in to midi cable that he uses to connect to amplitube slash on his rack mounted Mac book. Duh!

Seriously though it could be a 1/4 to xlr that he's plugged into some kingpin of preamp rig or PA system. This looks like,a club in the ghetto so who knows that setup options he had.