somethinng buzzing in my jcm 800

• Thread starter bobbyvasco
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
when i play specific notes on my guitar something buzzes really strongly....like vibrates....I thought it was my 1960 box but I have jvm 410 amp too and I never hear buzzing when I play it...so I suspect it is something loose inside the jcm 800?

but at the same time because my jvm is on top above jcm 800 head and below is 1960 box....... so if the speaker created buzzing inside the jcm 800 why it does not buzz when I turn on the JVM 800 and play and the jcm is turned off? i had speaker send to thomann and they send it back saying nothing is wrong with it....it makes me crazy this buzzing and I cant locate it....i opened the box before tightened everything etc....but I am afraid to mess inside the jcm 800 2010 because I can get electrocuted

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Dis gon b gud! ;)

So how about you separate these elements and figure out which one is causing the noise? A signal generator or a looper with the right note can help a lot here.
i bought the looper yes but you know buzzing is hard to determine.....low bass buzz it can be anywhere in the room..... that is why I bought the looper but the speaker to amp cable is not very long so I cant put a speaker to one side of the room and the head to another....only if I use 3 meter guitar cable to connect head and box

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Here we go !
uncle Adolf...you must spend too much time on this forum to know when I post....maybe get a life....go walk a rat or something....milk the horse or something interesting....spending all your life behind the computer and this forum isn't very productive to your life....

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
It makes me crazy this buzzing and I cant locate it....i opened the box before tightened everything etc....but I am afraid to mess inside the jcm 800 2010 because I can get electrocuted

Please use two hands and wear wet socks when performing this diagnosis.

You need to lighten up Francis.
It's all in good fun. No need for keyboard warrior warfare.
giphy.gif

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
u
Please use two hands and wear wet socks when performing this diagnosis.

You need to lighten up Francis.
It's all in good fun. No need for keyboard warrior warfare.
View attachment 131841
u r just a nasty guy....you do not let me get help here, you have to butt in with your butthead comments right....because your life is empty.....nasty old dude, that has no life

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen output tubes vibrate and make noise when a certain note is played. I've only encountered this on combo amps where the tubes are close to the speaker. A certain resonant frequency would cause the internals of the tube to rattle.
Could also be the handles of the cabinet. Does the issue still happen if the amp is placed on the floor away from the cabinet?

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the speaker to amp cable is not very long so I cant put a speaker to one side of the room and the head to another....only if I use 3 meter guitar cable to connect head and box
Have you tried taking the JVM off the "stack" and just have the 2210 on the cab?
Do you still get the buzzing?
Also - don't use an instrument cable for a speaker cable to move the head(s) away from the cab.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Have you tried taking the JVM off the "stack" and just have the 2210 on the cab?
Do you still get the buzzing?
Also - don't use an instrument cable for a speaker cable to move the head(s) away from the cab.
not yet but i am sure that will not be the reason....if I only play jvm and not jcm 800 there is no rattle buzz ...i will play around a bit next weekend and report here back....but like said it is hard to pinpoint where the ratle buzz is coming from cause it is such a bassy tone....

PelliX

Reaction score
i bought the looper yes but you know buzzing is hard to determine.....low bass buzz it can be anywhere in the room..... that is why I bought the looper but the speaker to amp cable is not very long so I cant put a speaker to one side of the room and the head to another....only if I use 3 meter guitar cable to connect head and box

3 meters is not a lot indeed, though I think you may have again provided yourself with an answer; a longer cable might be beneficial.

uncle Adolf...you must spend too much time on this forum to know when I post....maybe get a life....

Ouch, you might want to review "Godwin's Law".

"Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison to Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 100%."

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

u r just a nasty guy....you do not let me get help here, you have to butt in with your butthead comments right....because your life is empty.....nasty old dude, that has no life

Well, you're the one comparing him to Hitler; which has never in the history of the Internet proven to be an effective method of retaliation... :)

but like said it is hard to pinpoint where the ratle buzz is coming from cause it is such a bassy tone....

Get a longer speaker cable.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
My money is on broken speaker if it vibrates a bassnote, heard mainly while playing in lower registers on the guitar, like a G on the sixth string.

Bad speakers do this when the voicecoil is misaligned. I repaired a couple of Celestions with this problem, mainly G12M25.

Press slightly from the back onto the speaker cones, if you feel a rub then you found the problem.

I know you sent it out to Thomann already, but them saying its fine means jackshit.

It is weird that its not occuring with the JVM, i know, but i still say voicecoil-rub.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
when i play specific notes on my guitar something buzzes really strongly....like vibrates....I thought it was my 1960 box but I have jvm 410 amp too and I never hear buzzing when I play it...so I suspect it is something loose inside the jcm 800?

but at the same time because my jvm is on top above jcm 800 head and below is 1960 box....... so if the speaker created buzzing inside the jcm 800 why it does not buzz when I turn on the JVM 800 and play and the jcm is turned off? i had speaker send to thomann and they send it back saying nothing is wrong with it....it makes me crazy this buzzing and I cant locate it....i opened the box before tightened everything etc....but I am afraid to mess inside the jcm 800 2010 because I can get electrocuted
Is this a recent issue, did this amp ever not do this? Can you dial this buzz out with your presence and EQ? Open the amp and with a wooden chopstick poke around to see if wires are touching something else and causing vibration. While youre in there check the bias. Also might want try swapping out one tube at a time to see if its a bad tube, use your JVM tubes for the test. Thats all I got Hitler! 🤣

XTRXTR

Reaction score
not yet but i am sure that will not be the reason....if I only play jvm and not jcm 800 there is no rattle buzz ...i will play around a bit next weekend and report here back....but like said it is hard to pinpoint where the ratle buzz is coming from cause it is such a bassy tone....
Its called a process of elimination
separate all components from the stack - test for buzz
move one back on the stack - test for buzz
take back off the stack put other back on - test for buzz
place one head on top of the other but not on the speaker - test for buzz

Et Cetera

You can't say it is not that until you have physically proven that to be the case.

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
Is this a recent issue, did this amp ever not do this? Can you dial this buzz out with your presence and EQ? Open the amp and with a wooden chopstick poke around to see if wires are touching something else and causing vibration. While youre in there check the bias. Also might want try swapping out one tube at a time to see if its a bad tube, use your JVM tubes for the test. Thats all I got Hitler! 🤣
i dont want to brag but amp was setup with bias by a guy here that fixes all major guitar bands....but the moron has such a small room where everything wibrates.....and you cant ask him, hey tell me where the buzz is coming from dude...

bobbyvasco

Reaction score
My money is on broken speaker if it vibrates a bassnote, heard mainly while playing in lower registers on the guitar, like a G on the sixth string.

Bad speakers do this when the voicecoil is misaligned. I repaired a couple of Celestions with this problem, mainly G12M25.

Press slightly from the back onto the speaker cones, if you feel a rub then you found the problem.

I know you sent it out to Thomann already, but them saying its fine means jackshit.

It is weird that its not occuring with the JVM, i know, but i still say voicecoil-rub.
i tested the box several times set it to stereo, mono, checked the coil for rubbing, nothing could be detected at all