Tapa talk

• Thread starter bulldozer1984
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find anything negative.

If you have an iPad or Iphone all you have to do is visit a forum that has it installed. It pops up a "Do you want to install TapaTalk?" and as far as I know, there is no way to disable the popup from reappearing.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I just visited The Gear Page on my phone as an example.

Clicking the link...
7H2da3k.png

Instead of going to the site you get this popup every time.
H1CrRAp.png

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just visited The Gear Page on my phone as an example.

Clicking the link...
7H2da3k.png

Instead of going to the site you get this popup every time.
H1CrRAp.png

There is a great big "skip" button. :hmm:

Or you could download it and utilize it as a more efficient way of navigating the forum on a phone.

mott555

Reaction score

Or you could download it and utilize it as a more efficient way of navigating the forum on a phone.

The issue is it pops up every time you load the site. You can skip it, but next time you come back you'll have to skip it again.

Last I knew it was a paid app too, but it's been a couple years.

keennay

Reaction score
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Do you now how anoying the "Do you want to download TapaTalk" prompt is everytime you bring up a forum on your iPhone or iPad? There is no "remember" setting - it pops up every fucking time.

Yeah, that prompt is pretty annoying on other forums I frequent. I've always preferred full forum features on my phone (Galaxy Note 3), as well as desktop version of websites, reason being I have such a large smartphone screen which fits nicely in my large hands.

I wouldn't mind if there was actually a setting to permanently skip the prompt, but I wouldn't use Tapa Talk if it were ever implemented.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score

Sure I could click the skip button.... and then click it again, and again... and again b/c it doesn't remember the setting. It also pops-up every time you Google search something that points back to the forum. The Marshall Forum renders perfectly fine on my iPad, there's no reason to pay for the app. I'm sure it makes it easier to browse the forum while you drive but why make us suffer?

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure I could click the skip button.... and then click it again, and again... and again b/c it doesn't remember the setting. It also pops-up every time you Google search something that points back to the forum. The Marshall Forum renders perfectly fine on my iPad, there's no reason to pay for the app. I'm sure it makes it easier to browse the forum while you drive but why make us suffer?

I was with ya until the last part. No need for that.

It happens when im not driving too. Did you even read my OP to see what the issue was?. Sometimes the forum buttons dont work and that has absolutely nothing to do with me trying to make it easier for me to post whilst driving. If you have a beef with me over that, then start another thread.

Im not making anybody suffer. I asked for the mods to look into. I have no control over what happens.

Obviously other forums have gone this way so I'm obviously not alone.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was with ya until the last part. No need for that.

It happens when im not driving too. Did you even read my OP to see what the issue was?. Sometimes the forum buttons dont work and that has absolutely nothing to do with me trying to make it easier for me to post whilst driving. If you have a beef with me over that, then start another thread.

Im not making anybody suffer. I asked for the mods to look into. I have no control over what happens.

Obviously other forums have gone this way so I'm obviously not alone.

I have no beef with you texting and driving, you live 10,000 miles away from me. I was just giving you a ribbing. I'm actually impressed.. it's hard enough to text while driving much less browse and post on a forum.

Bflat5

Reaction score
I know the newer versions of Vbulletin has mobile capabilities.

mott555

Reaction score
I know the newer versions of Vbulletin has mobile capabilities.

The new version of vBulletin is also a complete POS. I was evaluating forums for a website a few months ago and discovered that. I ended up with XenForo which was developed by the original vBulletin developers. They all left that company and vBulletin has been decaying ever since.

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Serious MF it is time to get with the times. Half the time the forums buttons don't work when using my phone.
Many forums with alot less members have Tapa talk. Cmon guys implement that shit..

We are now accepting donations. :yesway:

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
So let me see if I understand this. Half of you guys think it is the shizz and the other half thinks it is junk.

Good. That makes sense to me.

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid for Tapa.
This forum doesn't support it.
I wish it did.

Its much easier to navigate through websites on a mobile device using software that is optimized for said mobile device.

poeman33

Reaction score
All I can think of is the Simpsons episode where the teacher ( an star from the 30's and 40's was a dance teacher ) Her favourite line was "tapa tapa tapa"

I watch too much TV