The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mojorising

Reaction score
CPR, Well I did it right I guess…that is really screwed it up! Seeking advice, I was in there poking around wanting to check my freaking plate voltage and buzzzzzzz…..poof and that was that. Anyway I blew the HT fuse and keeps blowing everything I take it off stand by. I changed the tubes but no joy there…anybody got anything before I take it to the tech?

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Probably best not to "poke around" checking high plate voltages unless you are experienced in high voltage electronics. Simply changing the tubes without a bias would have at least showed you if the problem was power tubes. It blows the HT evrytime? Or other fuses?

mojorising

Reaction score
BTW, when I turn on the power everything seems fine, but as soon as I take t off stand by poof, there goes the fuse. Changed all tubes still poof after flipping the stby switch.

mojorising

Reaction score
just the FT fuse. yeah well I will never worry about the damn plate voltage again…thats for sure.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Dunno, sounds like something has shorted out in the socket perhaps. A dead tube can keep killing HT fuse but since they are new tubes... the PV is fine to check, if you are very familiar with working with these circuits. I have never done it manually, my bias probe does it for me.

SlyStrat

Reaction score
IaIYjwe.jpg

lordquilton

Reaction score
CPR, Well I did it right I guess…that is really screwed it up! Seeking advice, I was in there poking around wanting to check my freaking plate voltage and buzzzzzzz…..poof and that was that. Anyway I blew the HT fuse and keeps blowing everything I take it off stand by. I changed the tubes but no joy there…anybody got anything before I take it to the tech?

This forum boasts some extremely knowledgeable members, if it were me I would start a thread over at The Workbench.

tman

Reaction score
I found a DSL 40 with a creamback nice sounding speaker tames the brightness of the 70-80

tman

Reaction score
Also I like tungsol in v1 what is a good preamp tube fo v2 position in these and the rest of preamp tubes just curious?? thanks

ken361

Reaction score
Heres this guys setting to try out, I have to try it loud yet but works good at bedroom:)
https://youtu.be/3jFiTKoR-Rw

Metalbringer
For this video, I set my amp as follows:
resonance - 4.5
presence - 6
bass - 5.5
mid - 9
treble - 7
gain - 4
all on the red 1 channel of the DSL (ultra gain)

HAmmer

Reaction score
Heres this guys setting to try out, I have to try it loud yet but works good at bedroom:)
https://youtu.be/3jFiTKoR-Rw

Metalbringer
For this video, I set my amp as follows:
resonance - 4.5
presence - 6
bass - 5.5
mid - 9
treble - 7
gain - 4
all on the red 1 channel of the DSL (ultra gain)

Looks like he has active pickups, ive been looking into those i gotta get rid of these 490series in my LP they sound terrible

ken361

Reaction score
Looks like he has active pickups, ive been looking into those i gotta get rid of these 490series in my LP they sound terrible

498T/490's? I liked them in my old Studio, you adjust the pole pieces on the bridge? I find the Gibson's you need to adjust them up a couple turns towards the middle. It will sound smoother! want it to the radius of the bridge.

Oldpunk

Reaction score
I really like the 498T/490R in my GT Studio too, especially through the 40c. Add to it the tapping and I can get tons of sweet tones. Just goes to show how subjective tone is though, some people obviously dont like them, as puzzling as that seems to me.

ken361

Reaction score
I really like the 498T/490R in my GT Studio too, especially through the 40c. Add to it the tapping and I can get tons of sweet tones. Just goes to show how subjective tone is though, some people obviously dont like them, as puzzling as that seems to me.

I play loud for final adjustment:)I like my bridge at 1/8 bass side and 1/16 treble

tman

Reaction score
I have an Epi DOT studio and it sounds great!! I have Seymour Duncan Alnico pro II "slash" pickups in bridge and neck with nickel covers and it sonds nice and warm.