The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
Yes GK you ran into the Marshall DSL40C Limited Edition Cream.
I guess that would make it the DSL40CC.
Look forward to the pics of the Pelham Blue LP Classic !! ( when it finds it's way into your home)
BP

Yeah, I bought the first cream one they had. They were unboxing it, the day I walked in, after a month break. I told them to take it off the floor. Bought it the next day. Had a Marshall branded V30 for it, 2 days later.

However, that was the first DSL40C to come in our store, in over a year. Now they have 2... Including the same cream one, I have. Though, mine it still cooler... and broken in. :facepalm:

I'm starting to Jones for the PB Classic. I might start putting a bit of pressure on my buddy. Though, I do text him every day, and ask if it came in. But, that's just to bug him, for spending my money. LOL.

rlowe

Reaction score
Emailed Marshall a few days ago and this is the reply they gave to me concerning the faceplate:
USMC - Marshall Service <marshall.service@USMusicCorp.com> Hello, We would recommend using rubbing alcohol or Windex. Be very careful of the print on the faceplate so you don’t remove it as well Cheers, Kevin (Kdog) Drury Service and Support Marshall Amplification USA Eden Electronics Natal Percussion All internal electrical work must be performed by an authorized Marshall service center From: Randall Lowe [mailto: randalllowe@yahoo.com ] Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 7:23 PM To: USMC - Marshall Service <marshall.service@USMusicCorp.com> Subject: Re: New submi
To
randalllowe@yahoo.com

Today at 2:49 PM

Hello,

We would recommend using rubbing alcohol or Windex. Be very careful of the print on the faceplate so you don’t remove it as well

Cheers,

Kevin (Kdog) Drury

Service and Support

Marshall Amplification USA

Eden Electronics

Natal Percussion

Angus Rhoads

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the first cream one they had. They were unboxing it, the day I walked in, after a month break. I told them to take it off the floor. Bought it the next day. Had a Marshall branded V30 for it, 2 days later.

However, that was the first DSL40C to come in our store, in over a year. Now they have 2... Including the same cream one, I have. Though, mine it still cooler... and broken in. :facepalm:

I'm starting to Jones for the PB Classic. I might start putting a bit of pressure on my buddy. Though, I do text him every day, and ask if it came in. But, that's just to bug him, for spending my money. LOL.
The Marshall "Vintage" breaks in nicely, I have one (8ohm version) with some gig hours on it and it's much better than when it was new - that stiffness loosens up and the upper-mid hump calms down a little, just settles into a nice thick but controlled tone that seems to somehow be one step ahead of your fingers. It's got such an immediate response to your playing dynamics that it's almost telepathic! Seems a little more forgiving in the JVM but in the DSL it just tells it like it is, there's no hiding - forces you to be on your game but damn rewarding when you get it right.

rlowe

Reaction score
Emailed Marshall a few days ago and this is the reply they gave to me concerning the faceplate:
USMC - Marshall Service <marshall.service@USMusicCorp.com> Hello, We would recommend using rubbing alcohol or Windex. Be very careful of the print on the faceplate so you don’t remove it as well Cheers, Kevin (Kdog) Drury Service and Support Marshall Amplification USA Eden Electronics Natal Percussion All internal electrical work must be performed by an authorized Marshall service center From: Randall Lowe [mailto: randalllowe@yahoo.com ] Sent: Monday, September 11, 2017 7:23 PM To: USMC - Marshall Service <marshall.service@USMusicCorp.com> Subject: Re: New submi
To
randalllowe@yahoo.com

Today at 2:49 PM

Hello,

We would recommend using rubbing alcohol or Windex. Be very careful of the print on the faceplate so you don’t remove it as well

Cheers!

Kevin (Kdog) Drury

Service and Support

Marshall Amplification USA

Eden Electronics

Natal Percussion

Rlowe:
As an addendum: just a little everyday common sense is all that should be required. I tried 100% mineral oil works good, but enough of this topic!

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ken. Yes I do appreciate the WGS ET65. It will be one of the speakers going into my DSL40 stack project. Open back and on top. Not wanting to spend more money on speakers I'll pair it with the Eminence Red,White & Blues in a closed back bottom.
I know it's weird pairing a Brit flavor speaker with an American voiced speaker but it is what it is.
BP

riefil

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals. I searched to no avail. Is the effects loop tube driven? My nephew is having effects loop issue all of a sudden. Trying to figure if its a bad tube or not.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
The FX loop is not 'driven' per se, it is just stuck between the preamp section and the PI tube (V3b & V4). There is no other circuitry other than a 1K matching resistor.

riefil

Reaction score
Micky, so a tube should not affect the effects loop? I'm having him check for a bad cable, cleaning the contacts etc.

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely check the tubes.
First thing to check when troubleshooting the FX loop is to plug a short instrument cable into the jacks to bypass the loop (same as disengaging it) to see if there is a problem there. Next is to check the pedals/cables if the loop check is OK.

If the loop check fails, check the tubes and then the FX jacks. In all reality if the amp sounds OK when the loop is disengaged via the switch, 99% of the time it is the pedals or whatever device is attached.

Good luck

GibsonKramer

Reaction score
For those worried about speaker costs, just watch the forums, and Reverb.

I picked up a brand spanking new Marshall "Vintage 30," for $90 shipped. Guy bought a Marshall cab with them, had other speakers he wanted in there. He recouped almost $400 selling the 4.

Good for him, and me.

riefil

Reaction score
Absolutely check the tubes.
First thing to check when troubleshooting the FX loop is to plug a short instrument cable into the jacks to bypass the loop (same as disengaging it) to see if there is a problem there. Next is to check the pedals/cables if the loop check is OK.

If the loop check fails, check the tubes and then the FX jacks. In all reality if the amp sounds OK when the loop is disengaged via the switch, 99% of the time it is the pedals or whatever device is attached.

Good luck
This is the route I basically told him to go. I'm sure he'll be calling on me to trouble shoot with him. As always thanks for the info.

ken361

Reaction score
Red also echoplex pedal delay coming soon. Playing at the condo sounds so much fuller opposed to my basement.

Last edited:

kev67

Reaction score
Not been on for a bit but am debating whether to make a head out of a dls40c... Anyone done one? Is it possible to get a face plate for the job?

Len

Reaction score
Not been on for a bit but am debating whether to make a head out of a dls40c... Anyone done one? Is it possible to get a face plate for the job?
Several of us have done it. Search this form - there's a thread about it. Stagecraft now has a standard DSL40 head cab they offer.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score

Im going that route, I ordered the head cab from Stagecraft a couple of weeks ago... might be a couple more weeks before I receive it. I have a Marshall logo I also ordered on line I will install it once I get the cab in.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
well the board is starting to grow again, had to break out my NYC pedalboard :applause:

full

Last edited: